Help upgrade my 2x18650 Berg xhp50 light

so keep that as spare light and buy myself a better one ?

if so …

best for around 70-80e included delivery to Finland ?

- real throw needs to be +200m ( so you really see there )

• hand sized ( this one is a little too large )
    other than that… open to everything…

Don’t want to buy another one if its no good…

And don’t get this wrong… this light is ok light for my opinion, but the promised values were not there :

2000lm and 500m throw

Here is the contact

I guess I wont give suggestions as other members will have better ones fitting the criteria you pointed out.
I will only suggest seeing this site: https://hc-lights.fi/

Other than this, Banggood and Gearbest have good options, and there are some discounts provided by some members here:

M4D M4X: M4D M4X deals - Astrolux WP1 and WP2 LEP
freeme: Ended..
Fin17: Archive topic - Banggood & Fin17 / GearBEST's Sale . Rovyvon A5 $15.99 . Convoy S21 $15.99
petemer: ✜Banggood deals≫ NC TUP ⚡Rofis TC1⚡$23.06⚡S41S ★★★ $34.65 BLF GT mini ★ ⚡ Fitorch P25 QUAD LED 26350⚡X1R angle light ★BLF GT70★
bilakos10: ☢ [Bilakos10 Premium Deals] ● Astrolux FT03 SST-40 ● Astrolux A01 UV ● Seeknite X6S ● JCD 8898 Hot Air Station ● SQ-D60
FlashlightDeals: UTorch SF01 price drop to $6.99

Hope this helps :wink:

thanks, I will look those out .

I wasn’t going to moon with this light, but it just seems you could get more out of it…

I add couple outside pictures from it so you could judge . a moment please.

The fence is around 50m away.

Now I see how it works! Actually, my 2nd mod was on a light that has “similar” way of functioning, with mechanical side switch, like yours, and the driver above it.
Here is the thread if you want to take a look (second part of the post #1): My first mods! An experience, for sure!

Being more clear, now, how the light works what I think is that modding it with a good driver and good cells…would be a waste of time, maybe!
You can still do it, with a driver that fits that aluminium pill and that has a spring attached to make contact with the brass pin on the switch.
Also, if you use non high-drain cells, it will not give you much trouble with the mechanical side switch.
But still, the interface of the driver / switch / cells, needed to be worked carefully so that the light could function properly!

As I said, you can make it and it will be a nice experience, believe me!
But if you want a “reliable” flashlight, you will have better “stock” lights out there that will perform better and that will give you less trouble!

Still try to make that mod :wink: I started that way as well :wink:

BTW, some more reliable sellers and flashlights:

FireFlies - http://www.ff-light.com/

Intl-Outdoor - https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights-c-1.html

oh my so many lights out there…

Still want to know, that if we boost this current light a bit …

I somehow believe, that its not running very high amps at the moment…

it says that with 100% power at least 3hours of use ( 2200mah x2 batteries ) and 2000lm .

maybe closer 1000lm and 2hours of real world ? anyone looked the pictures of the light it makes ?

I will put the light on, on high power and see how long the battery lasts…

… hmm its lowering the output after time… but not getting hot at all… what is making that ?

turn off and straight back on and we are bright again…

wow suddenly the light goes off… battery empty ? we shall see

If those are “fake” cells (as Lexel mentioned) with fake advertised capacity, they will not hang on for very long times! Also, 2200 mAh cells are far from having great capacity. The 18650 cells with more capacity have around 3500mAh (so there is a big difference, that translates in the runtime they will give you.

About getting hot or not…that driver doesn’t push the LED to the limit, resulting in the low output you are getting. If the driver pushed the LED more it would get hot within few seconds.

A better driver and better cells will give more output and more heat!

well, thats what I want :slight_smile:

maybe I measure the amps its using on the 100% level … if its really low, maybe there is a reason to upgrade it to

reasonable light…

I don’t want to push this over its limit, but like Said before… its not heating almost at all, so there should be some nice window for the upgrade ?

could someone calculate from the driver pics, that what should it give through ?

here is the pic link again :

With reasonable low resistance like in a good light the XHP50 should draw 4-5A with good batteries with those 3 resistors

But looking on all pictures this light is so much junk you should sell or return it and get a proper light

Astrolux MF02 for example will get you tons of throw, 02S decent with a lot more lumens, even if the specs are too optimistic

Where is the crying face ….

:cry:

So the loading time was about 2h from empty to full ….

thats with mini usb type phone charger … capacity guess ?

I would recommend a Convoy L6, stock light is great and you can upgrade it later on.
You can find great deals on this light with M4DM4X on banggood or gearbest, but you need a separate charger and cells.

Or from Simon Mao’s official Convoy AliExpress store, (https://www.aliexpress.com/store/330416?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.2d3e6c6eLVsYnE , he gives BLF members discount (if you ask for it))

Otherwise there will be enough people over here who can recommend a great light with usb charging possibilities.

So the loading time was about 2h from empty to full ….

thats with mini usb type phone charger … capacity guess ?

around 1Ah someone mentioned

and 100% power on ( if dropped, turned back to 100% ) battery lasted about 40min .

so its working full gas 1.6- 1.7Ah ?

how much is that in lumens ? 1000 ? 1200 ?

I was hoping from this point to get it around +2A maybe 2.5A but not more… thats enough…

to get it around the promised lumens 1900-2000lm ?

What needs to be done ?

The easiest way is to use a replacement driver. Kaidomain sells a lot, or BLF member Lexel his Texas Avenger drivers, but for that you definitely need new cells.
As said earlier, probably you’d be better off buying a decent flashlight.