Help with Lot of Flash Lights and Related Stuff

Hello, my name is Jeff and not too long ago a friend, actually my best friend, passed away. His family had no interest in his flash light collection and related items, so they gave it to me (that is great simplification of what happened). I have no idea what I have other than flashlights, bulbs, cells, batteries, etc. I am looking for advice at valuing and selling all of the items. I have attached some images of what I have. I have a lot more pictures and stuff. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance I have a lot more, but as a new member it will only let me post one picture…

2 Thanks

Thanks for stopping by, Gandalf!

There are some really nice ones there.

I made this just for convenience of referencing lights for ones that don’t have names obvious in the image:

The FW (it most likely has 3 LEDs, in which case it’s an FW3A) and KR4 are really nice lights, and sought after in titanium, especially with good LEDs. They run anduril which is IMO the best user interface around, very configurable and enthusiast-oriented, and have great performance. They also have several different LED options they can have, if you can switch them on and take some beamshots, we might be able to guess at the LEDs.

#5 is a streamlight which likely also has some value, they are ultra-durable tactical lights.

#10: Convoy is a good brand, but I can’t figure out which light that is, it could be a mix of parts from different models, but looks to be based around the S2+. Not super valuable for resale as they’re common, but a great value light to use as well as an excellent platform for modding and building custom lights.

#18/Boxed Olights: Olight are another brand that are decent quality usable lights, some models have collector value but others don’t really, and many newer olights use proprietary accessories, although #18 looks older so may be standard. Anything in titanium holds its value well if it’s in good condition.

Thrunite: Another solid brand, their lights aren’t exceptional but are still good quality all rounders.

Other people may know more of these, but if you could get more detailed pictures then several of 1-9 seem interesting, plus more detail on the Streamlight and Convoy (5 and 10) to identify the model there.

Was there anything else in terms of parts, batteries, chargers?

Are you thinking of selling them, keeping them as a collection, using them, something else, or not sure? The Streamlight, KR4, FW, and titanium Olights are the ones that are probably worth the most. If you want a solid usable light to carry, those are all good but also the Convoy, Olights and Thrunites.

Anyway, sorry for your loss, and welcome :slight_smile:

PS. If you want to post more photos you can just upload them to an imgur album or something and link that, I’m not sure where the threshold for more photos is, but it might also be something @sb56637 could override for a specific interesting situation.

2 Thanks

Thank you. I will get an album together. I am looking at selling any and all. I have kept a couple of the lights he assembled, so all of this is the “extras.”

2 is an Inova “X” series model.
3,5,8,9 & 11 are Surefire “E” series.
12 is a Malkoff MDC body.
13 is an unknown Seeknite model.

1 Thank

Here is a link to more photos.

There you have:

• 2nd image: Short tube (to run a smaller 18350 battery) for the Noctigon KR4, and what looks like the aluminium bezel and lanyard for it. If you’re selling stuff they might make sense to include with the KR4.
  • 3rd image: 2 chargers for Ni-MH rechargeable AA/AAA batteries, another light I’m not familiar with
  • 6th image: NiMH batteries - these are rechargeable to 1.2V and replace alkalines. Some of those lights will run on them, others need li-ion batteries. NiMH probably don’t hold much resale value unless there was a lot of them, but you could use them yourself.
  • 7th: Nichia 219B - a fairly popular and sought after LED, could probably find a buyer no problem.
  • 8th-9th: P60 drop ins - these are a somewhat old type of light where the light itself is interchangeable with a variety of body styles. Somewhat niche but there’s a market for them.
  • 7 chargers: The Nitecore chargers are for li-ions, the others are more Ni-MH chargers, the BT-168 is a battery voltage tester.
  • 16: 16340 batteries, not an extremely common size but still used in some lights
2 Thanks

Thank you for the useful information.

Looks like a Convoy T2

2 Thanks

Hi there and welcome to the forum.
Remember: the titanium lights indicated by “ti” are worth a lot more. Around $50-60 each. Note there is a buy and sell section in this forum it may be worth a try to put them up.

Welcome to the forum, sorry for your loss.

Do you know if your friend was a member here and if so, what their screenname was?

Those are nice lights you should have no problem selling them if you desire.

1 Thank

I am not sure, but odds are his screen name would have been something with “catmistake” in it. His actual name was Mike (but I doubt he would have shared it, openly).

1 Thank