Hi all! CampinGaz here!

Hello everyone…
I started getting into flashlights not too long ago… just a couple of years ago…
I got my first serious flashlight, a Wurkkos FC11, and I fell in love with it. It became my go-to EDC.

Then towards the end of 2023, I got the urge for a more powerful flashlight, and I got a Hanklight D4SV2 single Channel W2… a beast.

Shortly after, I got an S2+ because I wanted to see the famous Nichia 519a, and lastly the IF22a because I wanted to see what a small thrower was like.

None of these flashlights disappointed me.

Now I’m thinking about how to configure a new D4K Ti. I’m torn between the 519a 5700K dd and 5000K d. Any thoughts?

1 Thank

Do you like pink tint or neutral tint (neither pink or green)?

Any dedomed 519A will have a noticeably pink tint, which I used to like but now find distracting. The domed 519A 5000K will be perfectly neutral, almost an exact replica or late-morning or early-afternoon sunlight during summer. The 5000K will come in around 4700K, and the dedomed 5700K comes in around 4200K.

If you go with a domed 519A, be sure to ask for the 10621 optic for a uniform spot, or 10623 for a smooth flood. Every other optic (including the default) will have horrible tint shift.

4 Thanks

I like neutral tint slightly towards pink.
Very interesting the optics issue, I had never read anything about it… thanks, I think I’ll buy all three of them :wink:

1 Thank

Neutral but slightly pink, sounds like domed 519A will be the right choice!

I have not seen much discussion about the optic issue, and had to arrive at these conclusions by trying various optics myself because I was dissatisfied with almost every optic I tried. Most folks either don’t consider color consistency a top priority, or never had the chance to experiment with different optics/emitters.

You’re going to love it here, CampinGaz!

1 Thank

Welcome to BLF CampinGaz!

If I had to choose between a 519A 5700K DD or a 5000K domed, it would easily be the DD. I have both and several more varieties of the 519As.

All are very good, including the sliced 519As, but the domed 519As are my least favorite. BUT you really can’t go wrong with any of them!

1 Thank

Since we’re here, do you have any advice on titanium finishes? Besides raw titanium and stonewashed, there are colored versions… what treatment is this? Is it a coating or an electrolytic treatment? Is it durable over time?

Now i really can’t decide and i got confused… I looked at many beamshots and i must say i prefer the 519a 5700K DD…
If we add to this that i saw how hard the W1 pushes, i’m undecided whether to pull the trigger on a dual channel without boost…
Am I doing it right?

The Hank lights sure do have a lot of choices, almost to the point of being paralyzing!

I only have 1, and it’s the Noctigon Meteor M43. Not that many choices way back when.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. Just choose whatever you think will put the biggest smile on your face. :grin:

Ok, I’ve ordered a single channel D4K TI, 519a 5700K DD, boost driver.

1 Thank

In order not to make a mistake, I ordered all available lenses for the D4K :sweat_smile:

1 Thank

It’s very nice to have different beam profiles to choose from! It’s a huge perk of TIR lights that isn’t possible for reflectors.

Welcome to BLF @CampinGaz! Titanium can be colored by electro anodizing or flame anodizing. It can be really fun to flame anodize plain titanium at home with a torch…

2 Thanks

Arrived today! What a beauty! :heart_eyes:

5 Thanks

Ok, so I have tried the various lenses, I attach some very poor quality photos below. I think the ‘additional floody optic’ is the same as the 10623, but I could be wrong, does anyone know the part number of that one? And also the part number of the standard lens?

1 Thank

I’m curious about the bloody vs regular lens but in a hallway type setting

Can you take pics in a hallway

OK, as soon as I have time

1 Thank

Strange, the floody lens seems almost throwier than the 10623, which shouldn’t be the case if it is 10624. Or maybe the phone is not picking up the beam profile very well.

I’m also curious what the standard optic is. Could you line up all the optics on a table and take a picture from the top?

2 Thanks

Thank you for making the labels and taking the pictures!!

The standard lens is the 10622. The standard floody is most likely identical to the 10623, though there’s a small chance it could be the 10624–it’s hard to tell under the frosted finish, but you could tell by flipping them around and looking at the holes that the LEDs go into. If the floody lens has smaller/shallower holes then it’s 10624; otherwise it’s 10623.

2 Thanks