hi do you like 2AA battery light? Jaxman M2 is ready

The driver is a LD-2, this little fellow handles the heat very well, does get hot though :sunglasses:

Nice mod Khas! On the LD-2 driver what do you have the current set at?

Thank you very much for the reflector info, much appreciated! I have a PM in to Mr. Jaxman, about possibly making some smooth reflectors, but in the mean time I’ll begin my search!!!

It’s set @ 6Amps, the batteries are Windyfire IMR 600 mAh, so runtime on high mode isn’t that great :smiley:

Is this the driver you are referring to khas? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=473

Is there sutable diffuser for this JAX?
What about this one?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10003970/1498901-authentic-nitecore-ndf34-34mm-beam-diffuser-for
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1606/10001948/1140009-beam-light-diffuser-for-led-flashlights

No it’s this one from led4power, but there is a new version the LD-3 .

OK, thank you for the info khas. :slight_smile:

Hey khas, just 2 more dimensions please, what is the battery tube inner diameter and the outer diameter at the thinnest point, probably the tail cap area would be the thinnest??? Thanks for the help!!! :+1:

I would suggest to make it a 1AA / 2AA alcaline / 1x14500 Li-ion battery using extension tubes then put a XPL-Hi and a smooth reflector, add some more modes like 1% 15% 40% 70% and 100% brightness with mode memory.

1x14500 XP-L Hi smooth reflector sounds an awful lot like the BLF-X5…

Battery tube inner diameter : 15 mm, outer diameter at the thinnest point : 17 mm in the groove for the o-ring in the tail.

I didn’t plan to keep the XHP50.2 in the Jaxman M2, but I kinda like the combination, so much so that I have just ordered a LD-3 driver for it :person_facepalming:

Thanks khas!!! Save the LD-2 for a dual (e-switch/tail cap) light, the LD-3 is tail cap only, for now?

I’m thinking 17mm 3v 2S buck driver,3.5amps and (maybe) 17mm 4S Linear 3amps if I can bore the tube for 16340’s! I have a couple 20mm 3v 2S buck drivers at 5.5amps if I can reduce the diameter and use the tube to hold the driver in??? Regardless I want a smooth reflector I think this one might work…

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S024651.31_5mm-D-x-24_3mm-H-SMO-Aluminum-Reflector-for-Cree-XM-L

I have one on order… hope it does not take forever and a day. I ordered the 3C, still a little cool for me. This will be a SHTF basement stored light for me with lithium batteries in a water tight box. We see a few tornadoes each year and end up in the basement a couple of times a year.

If I really like it, I may order another one later. I am hoping to current boost it to get just a little more out of it. But I may investigate and not change the first one.

Why? A 1x18650 is more compact, more versatile, less likely to develop mechanical problems, doesn’t need matched cells … No. I don’t like 2xAA lights. I do not see a rational reason for their existence.

I’m not too partial to them, either, but I can see that after the Zombie Apocalypse, while others are looking for Twinkies, you can always scoop up whatever AAs are left in the local 7-11, Target, etc., vs trying to find working AC to charge an 18650.

I’ve got a 2AA-X which is a great little light (aside from the annoying green tint), but as the alkies fade, so does its brightest levels, especially turbo. Gets only as bright as high… then as medium… then as low… and is a linear progression to Eternal Dimness, until you change cells. At least Li cells are regulated to pretty known brightnesses ’til the cell’s almost totally spent. No fun when you try switching levels and what you get is moonlight, low, low, and low.

If anything, I only do 1×AA lights (Jet-I, WK50, bobofett), so I don’t have to worry about multiple cells.

And bobofett wrings dry “dead” alkies.

To each his own, but I love the AA lights. My favorite at the moment is the Nitecore EA45S.
1000 lumens of AA goodness. :+1: Pop some Eneloop’s in that bad boy and what is not to love?? :wink:

I am surely looking forward to the Jaxman M2 arrival also. I have a feeling it will be a nice sidekick to the Nitecore… Eneloops and all. :slight_smile:

That is why we have so many kinds of lights. I am not a huge fan of AA, but this morning at 6:30 we had 2.5 inch hail and could have had a tornado… I like AA lights because I can load them with 10 year lithiums, pack them in a water tight box and forget them for 6 months to a year and they will be charged when I need them hiding in the basement with the wife and 2 daughters!

Same thing in my car. My car flashlights and headlamp are AA or AAA. I keep Eneloops in them, but in my trunk, I also have a couple of packs of AA and AAA Energizer Ultimate Lithium in case the Eneloops are dead or the emergency takes a long time and I use up my Eneloops.

I have the OP version of that reflector :

It’s just a touch to high, but other that it’s a perfect fit.