hi do you like 2AA battery light? Jaxman M2 is ready

By the way forgot to mention that stock it is also a awesome little light with a fairly decent driver, I have two that I use in my trucks and they are just stock, 2 modes I think but the tints are NW and with the OP reflector it is real good and the ano type 2 I’d guess and quality is second to none, a top notch product in every way imaginable frankly.

Ok, well it seems like a great light. Since I don’t mod my lights it’ll just come down to the price. It’s not the cheapest and since whatever light I decide on I want to pick up a few.
Thanks for the great info

You bet my friend, I got a bit carried away but this Jaxman M2 is just over the top and being a mod type even more so it’s really an amazing light and yes price, the price itself last I looked was something like $21 or so, but then the owner puts on his stupid shipping fee and that kills the price and I think adds close to $5 to the price,
I’ve argued with him over that shipping fee stuff for years and he’s not changing his ways, great guy, great designer, but out to make money however he can, most vendors I deal with on Alie don’t charge that shipping so it’s Paul’s way of raising the prices and making it look legit and it’s not, so he knows he’s got an awesome product and I have paid his darn shipping fees many many times and moaning and groaning the entire time but frankly the product he sells is so good it can stand the extra cost, so after I get them and do my thing with them and then resell them it all works out in the end.
I was only glancing at the other light you mentioned and think you said zanflare or something like that, I’ve heard good things about that light, LightBringer really knows what he’s talking about and his recommendations are always good, best of luck to you pal, there’s lots of lights out there believe it or not.

How is the Jaxman M2 holding up for everyone? Any issue

I have not used mine much, swapped in a new led and left it at that. But I do not see much that can go wrong, the way it is build structurally, and the used parts are well-proven and would even work well for much more current than the stock driver draws.

I guess I’ll just have to decide if the higher cost is worth it. The Zanflare f2 is everything I want except the strobe but considering the coupon, I can get it for less than half the price. If I have the money in the budget maybe I’ll get the M2 as well.

I don’t recall any issues with the F2/F2S, but you might want to stick with the older F2 over the newer F2S, for better mode-spacing, among other things.

Ok thanks, I was ordering the f2 anyway so good to hear that’s the better spaced model.

Thanks for the reply!

Just make a Low mode runtime test. from PM 7:20 Aug 25, till now, AM 8:46 Aug 26, it is still working…

Just received a C3 tint from the official store on Ali. Pretty spot on for a 2AA light, imho. Just wish the low was lower. I’m measuring 250ma off a pair of fresh “amaloop” cells.

I’m shining some light on this thread because the M2 is worth talking about.

Now that things are warm and green again in the Northeastern United States, I’ve been doing night walks with different flashlights I own. I’ve got a route that lets me try them in the woods, along a stream, down a ravine, and in a field. The 4300K version of the Jaxman M2 is really wonderful. I had forgotten just how good this flashlight is! The warmer light looks great against all the fresh vegetation. The two-mode operation is refreshingly simple. Low is plenty bright for regular use and high is amazing for a pair of AA Eneloops. It reaches out quite a ways. The warmer tint seems to help with looking deeper into the woods but I don’t have a cooler one for an even test.

Now that this light has been around for a while, I’d love to see it offered with some other LED choices, maybe a high-CRI option, and possibly an even warmer tint? Whatever the case, kudos to Jaxman for making an awesome 2xAA flashlight.

Love my M2 too, with the famous sw45 r9080 led. I often lend it to my son (8yrs) when on trips, it is throwy that is what kids like, and enough spill for general use. The tint and CRI is wasted on him of course :slight_smile:

The only issue I have with mine, is that on lithium primary batteries the mode spacing is messed up. Low is almost as bright as high. On alkaline and nimh the mode spacing is correct. I bought the M2 to leave in my car, hence using the lithium primaries.

I think this would be awesome with an SMO reflector. Did it say what size MCPCB was in it? Could drop in an SST-20 or an XP-L Hi for a little more throw. Whi8ch is what I would think of when I look at the size of the head. Which really isn’t large but bigger than most 2AA lights.

It’s a 16mm MCPCB and a 17mm driver. Mine was apparently assembled by a gorilla, I swore it was glued until I finally got the head off and found it wasn’t.

This light reminds me of my trusty Fenix TK20, only with twice the output of the Fenix.

Wonder If we could get Jaxman to make a model with an SMO? I have contacted them before. Maybe they could sell it separate. 16mm MCPCB would make it convenient for modding. Guess one could change the driver to an FET and only run 14500’s.

I like that this one works with alkalines and Eneloops. And the boost driver is pretty good.

Yeah, that puts the working voltage range at something like 2v to 3.3v