hi do you like 2AA battery light? Jaxman M2 is ready

I do the same. Keep in my car flashlights, headlamps and lanterns only in AA and AAA format. Most of them are with Ni-Mh the others are with cheap Alcaline from Ikea. One AA or AAA costs 0,15 Euro which is nothing. For this price I can change every year with fresh one.

I’m hoping jaxman also offers a tube sized 2xAA light

Sure he does. :slight_smile:
Check them out right here…… Jaxman

tube format for 2xaa yo
like the floody version of it. Think Olight S2A

not the turbo head thrower type.

The E2 is only single AA

??? I know of 1 Jaxman 2xAA light, of the OP, and it is not tube sized but with a large head.

Sorry about that ’power 911’…. I had a “brain fart & senior moment” both at the same time. :person_facepalming:

Of course…… you are correct. :+1:

My bad…. :wink:

guess you need to rest :smiley:
I had dreams of a quality 2xAA light since this thread came up
Always wanted to purchase/upgrade a 2xAA maglite light but they are just nasty pricy in my area

I would be all over a 2*AA true tube light. They would fit in tiny packs with a couple sets of batteries. Jaxman… ya listening?

Maybe he can just attach the head of an E3 to the body of an M2. That would be clever engineering if these parts are lego-able.

I guess I do…… :slight_smile:

Thanks for that link, I had not seen that. I’d like one of those too. :+1:

A 2xAA mag light is expensive where you live??
Are you just wanting an old model incadesent style to use as a host to mod & upgrade??

If so, those are dirt cheap here. PM me about what you want and need for the “upgrade” you spoke of.

I have several of those lights just waiting to be used for something.
If it does not cost a small fortune to ship to you…. :wink: …… It would be my pleasure to send you what it seems your looking for. :slight_smile:

I’ll be looking for your PM…… :wink:

I completely agree with you on the subject on AA lights. I actually like them very much and have several. I just don’t see the usefulness of 2x AA lights.

Ostensibly, twice the voltage means half the current at a given power output. So you can push more current through an emitter with 2 cells vs 1. And, as they wear down, you still got twice as much voltage for the same leftover SOC vs 1 cell (eg, 1.8V for 2 vs 0.9V for 1, or put another way, you could wring out more light from 2 series cells vs 1).

In this context, I can see the case for 2×AA lights.

That said…

I made the mistake of getting 2 of the 2AA-Xes both with the long tubes and low-volts head, so I couldn’t stack 2 14500s w/o either getting a dummy cell or a shorty tube, both to allow a single 14500. Finally got the shorty tube.

Even my L2, I use the short tube (ie, sans extension). I hate putting any cells in series.

this. :slight_smile:

:smiley:

tire job :person_facepalming:
crazy work!

OFF-TOPIC, but you can get the Ultrafire C3 in 2xAA (or 1xAA with an extension).

Its a great light concept I plan on getting a few as gifts later in the year. No one flashlight is ever going to please everyone.

This is where host versions come in. You still make money selling the host. And they can build it with the driver and led they wish. A lot of people here want everything the max it can go we are the 1% of the population. 99% of people just want a working flashlight with simple batteries

djozz, looking forward to your mod report.

khas, thanks for the report on using the LD-2 driver

This is how BLF works best for everyone.

Jaxman, I suggest you correct this line in the “Product Description” on the website:

14500 means lithium-ion to most readers. Just omit the (14500) from the text.
Or else make it say Battery: size AA (1.2V NiMH or 1.5V alkaline primary) x 2pcs

Can it work with lithium primary AA cells (Energizer)? It should be OK.

Those are ideal for longterm storage, good for years (and very light weight)

Ha Ha, back on February 28th when I bought this light I think this M2 had just went up for sale, one minute it wasn’t there the next it was, I immediately saw that (14500) and it was that number that actually got my gears working and besides liking the overall design and looks but then knowing Jax quality I bought a couple, When I received them I straight away tore them down and dropped a 17mm DD and then noticed the retainer ring, a complete shock but had they not posted that 14500 I might have skipped right past it and not thought much frankly, but glad they posted that myself, with that said someone will eventually as you have warned will read that wrong a pop in 2-14500 cells,
I did it for fun and I can confirm for sure the light output lasts about 1/1000 of one second and that’s a guess, poof, and then they will certainly be whining to Jaxman about “It says 14500” you can almost hear it now, wise warning from Hank for sure…!