Hi from Africa

Hi everyone! I live in East Africa, and I use flashlights in my job in the bush, at night.

Great tech knowledge on this forum, and seems that there is more activity and modding pros than on other forums… I like it.

9 Thanks

It’s nice of you to join us, Kano383!
I think I’d like to get a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog, which is native to what is now Zimbabwe.
I know Zimbabwe isn’t really in East Africa, but maybe you know the breed? :thinking:

I know the breed, had one… Nice dogs if you take them from what they are… Very stubborn, indolent, they don’t “snap to attention” like a German Shepherd: if you give them an order they look at you like “Are you sure? Can you give me a good reason to do that? Oh, you really mean it? I’ll see what I can do…”.

Tough, good with the family, distant with strangers, and hostile to any unwanted guests. For the ten years I had my ridgeback, no-one jumped my fence… Have to expect that from the only breed of dogs stupid enough to attack lions! :grin:

4 Thanks

Awesome about the Ridgeback!
By the way, you’re not in Sudan, are you?
From what I’ve heard on the news, everyone has been trying to get out of Sudan for a while now because of a possible civil war.

In Sudan they are in a civil war right now, and everybody who could get out did so… No, I’m not there, but I also have business in South Sudan, just across the border.

1 Thank

Cool.
Very interesting! :grin:
Well, that’s most of what I know about Africa, unless you count all the succulents my family owns that are native to South Africa and Madagascar.
Those succulents probably wouldn’t do too well in East Africa.

Where I stay the weather is good, 19-29 C year round, good rains, fertile soil… There are drier areas not far too

Welcome! :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Hi there and welcome! Great to have you here.

By the way, speaking of German Shepherds, my family had a German Shepherd and he was an excellent dog.
Then I got a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, and he was a very good dog and very stubborn.
What I like about the Rhodesian Ridgeback is that it has short hair and doesn’t shed too much, plus it’s a full-sized dog compared to a Corgi.
Also, Ridgebacks can handle hot weather. (I live in a Southern California desert with brutal summers.)
I don’t mind if a dog is very stubborn, but I don’t know if our family will be getting another dog.
I was not a very responsible dog owner, so if anyone gets a dog, it’ll be my mom, and she doesn’t want to get a dog right now. :+1: