Hi,guys the hot news hits me, some body counterfeit the XTAR chargers

Poor pics from my cell phone but this is the insides of a official unit

i hear ya!

;)

These fakes looked very good. I want to buy some

How much detail on the pics do you want? What do you want to see?

If someone else wants to post some other shots, I will be happy to take them apart again.

Just when I am planning to buy a 4 slot charger this comes up.

I always had a feeling that my Xtar WP II 2 is fake (the company’s name on the charger is kind of fading and not centered perfectly, the colors on the paper box were washed out). Fortunately after about two months of usage it still works great. The funny thing is that the the Xtar charger is a replacement for a Nitecore i2 that broke at the second charge (smoke coming out from inside). All bought from lightmalls. Could it be that they are selling fakes or it was just bad luck for me with the originals.

The funny thing is the one i bought from Nitecore direct has a more washed out label on the body.

Are they both internally the same?

no idea. I am at the office and not at home. one is stuck in the office, one is at home and I’m not sure if I can be bothered to take the other one apart. If someone wants to post a picture of their one from wallbuys I’ll take new pictures of my one direct from nitecore.

Member fitll posted here (post #78) a few days ago about the raid. He suggested it was the bestvaping /Powerwholesale companies involved.

I bought 10 MP1s from Bestvaping last fall. I’ve tested them against ones I bought from Xtar and have same charging characteristics. Now I’ll have to open them up and compare them with ones bought from Xtar.

Kind of ironic that a brand that stole designs, patented them as their own and that bullies resellers to fix prices should get ripped off like that. Karma if you ask me.

Hmmm… this isn’t good. I have an open order with PowerWholesale at the minute and am getting all sorts of crap from them about the status of my order. This would kind of explain why they’ve been so slow.

I’m trying to think what to do. It looks like my order is en-route to HK at the moment, maybe I can cancel before it gets dispatched from there. I did use PayPal, maybe I can open a dispute on the ground the seller appears to be dodgy?

Can you point towards information regarding Xtars unfair business practices :D?

Also, what did you order, are you at risk receiving counterfeits?

I buy things from their official website directly, and they have the good aftersale service.

+1,yeap, indeed, they had the anti-fake label, i think it could work

After reading the book “Poorly Made in China” I wouldn’t doubt that the “fake” Xtar chargers are really genuine Xtars. It is quite common for factories that are contracted to produce a companies product line to make extra runs for themselves without the companies knowledge. The factory can then sell them to unknowing suppliers for extra profit for themselves.
So the fake Xtars could actually be “genuine” fakes.

Update here:

Maybe we should focus on the other thread. Two threads on one topic is too much.

But this one is genuine, other is fake :D

LOL