Hi I'm just 13!

Hi I’m just 13 Years old and I’m from Finland so my English isn’t that good.
I’m currently building an aspherical thrower using my hd2010 as host, vesture of bloods aspherical lens adapter, a 50mm DX lens, a dedomed XPG2 on a 20 mm copper sinkpad from leddna and a 3 amp driver from Intl outdoor store that I’m going to mod by stacking a few AMC7135s.
The driver and lens haven’t arrived yet… But the adapter and led arrived yesterday.
I have already sanded the star so it would fit the pill and I drilled two 1.5mm holes that i threaded so I can screw the sinkpad to the pill. Yesterday I put the led gasoline and this morning the dome just fell off it and looks very clean. So far I have dedomed 4 leds using the gasoline method.
I will post pics later when I’m done with this build.

Nice build you got there going. Your English is very good.

Thanks for joining Flashaholics Anonymous, Catnap!

You seem like quite the mechanically inclined youngster. Good going! Can’t wait to see your finished work. And your English is very good. Don’t worry about that at all.

Looking forward to your build already :-)

Its good to have you here Catnap. I’m looking forward to seeing your pictures. It sounds like your an old pro at this modding. :slight_smile:

It’s always nice to see young people interested in technology and real world stuff…

As I’m told winter time in Finland can be quite boring so it’s nice to have a hobby (other than :beer: and :zipper_mouth_face: )

Welcome to BLF :slight_smile:

Welcome! We’re glad to have you here Catnap. And your English is excellent. I speak several languages that aren’t as hard as English to speak correctly, and I wish I spoke them as “badly” as you speak English. :wink:

I was 13 once

i’m 40 and still never mod any of my flashlights lol :bigsmile: look forward to see your pics.

Nothing wrong with being 13, most of us were at some point. :stuck_out_tongue:
Your mod sounds very cool, I’m looking forward to your pictures!
Good luck and happy modding! :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard Catnap. Great sounding build that requires a lot of different skills. Best wishes and please keep us posted. I like DX, but have had a lot of disappointments with their aspheric lenses. Hopefully, you got a good one. At least, it's an easy part to replace if it isn't.

Your English is very good and never worry about that here.

I just got my HD2010 and like how it feels in my hand.

You are ahead of me on modding this light right now.
I will be ordering the copper pill from VofB and have some 3amp drivers and XM-L2 emitters now.

Let us know how all your mods work out.

And never give up just because you mess something up the first time you try, I mess stuff up every day :slight_smile:

You can learn a lot from your mistakes and the guys around here will help you out with any problems you run into.

Lots of very nice people in here, very helpful and generous. I do remember being 13, and that is the perfect time to allow your mind to run free. Your mind will be as a sponge, able to soak up knowledge very quickly. In one way, it does surprise me, that you have taken on a quite extensive mod for a youngster, but on the other hand, I had a laboratory in my parent’s basement at 11. Good luck to you, and I hope your interests do not change so rapidly, that you will have forgotten us by next years time :smiley: Do not hesitate to ask for advice, we do have many experienced modders in here. Welcome, and I hope you will enjoy the hobby, and soon you will be a true flashaholic and have many lights and projects … J) :party:

Welcome Catnap.
Your English language skills are excellent. Congratulations is’s not an easy language but I think it will stand you in good stead in the technical world. :slight_smile:

Nice to see you here and what a modder you are , I am envious you are doing more advanced mods and your use of the English language is better than mine great job modding!

Welcome to BLF, Catnap! :party:

Thanks for all the comments!!

I got my driver today it’s a nanjg 105c but it only draws 2 amps :_(
I’m using a cheap soshine 26650 battery and the voltage drops to 3.5v at the led, do i need a Panasonic cell?

Tervetuloa joukkoon mukavaan. Itsekin uusi mutta foorumi vaikuttaa oikeinkin mukavalle :slight_smile:

In english:
Welcome to the bunch. Im new myself too but this forum seems really nice

you’re lucky because when I was really young I went to a concert with a big light and laser show and was hooked on lights…. only back then LED’s only glowed and flashlights were pretty lame. it was nearly impossible to get white lights and battery technology was horrible too. today’s options are light years ahead of what was available even 20 yrs ago —— geez I feel old now since 20 yrs ago was 1994