Hi I'm just 13!

and yes most people will recommend you upgrade batteries to really unleash the potential of your build. most people recommend the protected batteries that contain a Panasonic cell such as the orbtronics or AW’s

I thought they called gasoline petro or something over there haha

Tervetuloa! Ite oon kans aika uusi foorumilla, tosin pidemmän aikaa seurannut.

Nice to see how your mod turns out! I was kinda “flashaholic” in my youth, in the era when LED´s were big, red and green. Maglites were top of the line, and it took some skill to keep those noname-plastic-lights going in low temperatures.
Haven´t done any modding yet, but soon, very soon… :slight_smile:

Hmmm, only 2 amps. Could be the cell, but it would have to be in pretty bad shape. What voltage does it rest at a few days after it has been fully charged?

If you haven't tired yet, you may want to try the following:

• If you are using stock leads on your DMM (or analog meter), you could use thicker copper wires. Just find a way to snugly wedge them into your DMM ports. Are you measuring current at the tail or emitter?
  • Check to make sure there is no gap between the Sinkpad and the XPG2's thermal pad. Just to make sure it isn't thermal sag and that your LED is safe from heat.
  • Make sure your driver is well grounded to the pill.

Best of luck.

Your English is better than most native English speakers :D.

+1 :smiley:

Welcome aboard, hope you your stay here.

You might be the youngest modder on BLF!

Welcome. That's a great first mod, lots of elements; conversion to aspheric, de-doming, stacking chips.

I think you can safely delete your signature, I can't find the tiniest flaw in your English.

In our minds, you always will be.

Finnish people are quite demanding about themselves unless their english is perfectly fluent they won’t say thay they can speak english.

Yes we are.. I kept apologizing my bad English for some time, but got tired of it.. So now I'm just writing bad English without apologizing.

BTW: It's English in English. [but in Finnish language languages are written with lowercase]

Welcome to the BLF (Best Light Forum) community on the planet. :slight_smile: lookinf forward to seeing your mods to lights.

Thanks!
I got my lens from DX today, but I still can’t get it to draw 3.5 amps
If I connect my dedomed xpg2 directly to the battery I get 2.5 amps and 3 amps with dome I have tested 4 different meters and 3 thick dmm leads.
I think I have to buy 4.35 v Samsung 18650s or use a xpe2.

Looking at a graph created by djozz in this tread, your emitter should need around 3.5 volts at 2.5 amps. Match's chart here indicates a little less than 3.3volts would be needed, but I think he said he was not confident in his voltage readings. If you can afford it, it may be a good idea to get the 4.35v cell (and capable charger). Would be nice to have regardless. In the meantime, have you copper braided your driver spring?

Don’t start…

I should appologize for my english too ....

13 ??

you're too young to buy gas

What’s the best 4.35v battery? Fasttech have Samsung ICR185650-30B, Sanyo UR18650ZT and LG ICR18650D1 I think the Samsung is the best. I have a power supply so I don’t need a charger.
The voltage drops to 3.5v at the led so I think that’s the problem.
Thanks for the help!!

?
Should I buy the Samsung 30b 18650s from fasttech?

I think the Sanyo UR18650ZT is only rated up to 4.30V.
A review of the LG ICR18650D1 is here: Test of LG 18650 D1 3000mAh (Pink)
HKJ hasn’t reviewed the Samsung ICR185650-30B yet, but I’m sure they’re going to have a very similar performance.

Watch out for the protected ones, they’ll probably stop charging at 4.20-4.25V, so you won’t get the full capacity.

Hi Catnap, the LG D1 seems to hold it’s voltage better than the Samsung SDI 30A Check out this comparator.There is also HKJ’s comparator,but it doesn’t have the 4.35v Samsung.Both sites are worth putting in favorites for easy reference.On HKJ’s you can put 2 cell types on the same graph,with AccuDB,it’s better to put the site up 2 times and compare say 1 voltage eg 3.6v and compare how long each cell takes to drop to there.Conversely,you can pick a time period and see which cell has the higher voltage.I have both types in the post so I will test as well.

If you brought 4.30V battery, 3.5A on XPG2 will be only small amount of time because XPG has little higher forward voltage than XMLs.

The lg 18650s seems to be the best I will order them tonight.
I’m almost finished with this build and it throws pretty far even at 2 amps about 650 meters!

Should I swap to xpe2?