Hi, this is all rather illuminating!

Brand new to the world of flashlights. I am an old duffer in the UK with no particular technological knowledge or expertise but for some reason stumbled upon the world of enthusiast torches and thought “that’s cool”.

I have always had a couple of head torches for night walks, nothing special, all mainstream or cheap chinese lamps but just bought the nitecore hc65 v2 and impressed with the build quality.

Recently ordered the imalent ms12 mini but upon discovering the difficulty and price of getting battery packs cancelled the order.

Instead, I stumbled across hank wang and ordered a d4v2 and d4sv2 both with w2 6000k. Really love the idea of anduril custom firmware to get to grips with and have a play about, reminds me of rockbox on mp3 players from a few years ago. It satisfies a geeky techy urge despite being clueless lol

Thanks for signing up, dazzer1975!

Were you born in '75? I was born in '76.

Welcome Dazzer. You are off to a good start dealing with Hank. He has some great lights.

anduril is very nice

you will like it

i am told only geeks can stand

i also play accordion, which isn;t helping either

Welcome Dazzer! Anduril seemed like a large pill to swallow back when I bought my first Hank light. Before receiving the light, I was trying to read the manual to learn the UI and I was having a hard time following it. However, once I had the light in hand and started playing around with it, the instructions just started to make sense.

Welcome to BLF dazzer1975!

“an old duffer in the UK” - I liked that! :slight_smile:

Welcome! I went through the “kid in a candyshop” phase, at one point was ordering new lights before the previous order had even arrived! Now only use a handful of lights, all in neutral or warm white:

Skilhunt H03 headlamp (bit dated but still works great)
Original Emisar D1
BLF LT1
Sofirn C01S

Occasionally also use a modified BLF Q8.

You’ll see that 3 of them use more advanced firmware, whether it’s full fat Anduril or a simplified ramping firmware, I can’t remember, but it’s a nice interface. I’ve 4 Emisar lights in total, (D4, D4S, D1, D1S), they’re all nice lights (though the D4 is a bit chunky and unbalanced for headlamp use).