High Power LED Flood Lights For Football Stadiums

According to THIS

1. Beijing Olympic Basketball Stadium apparently has an LED display system, while the city’s award-winning Watercube uses coloured LEDs.
  2. Cowboys Stadium in Dallas is the largest domed stadium in the world and the biggest NFL venue ever built, with a maximum capacity of 110,000 with an LED cove lighting system.
  3. Cape Town Stadium hosted the game btw England and Algeria in the 2010 World Cup. The stadium’s lighting is known as Green Point with 432 LED luminaries tracing a wave-like pattern around the ground.

Where in the world can we get a 95cri LED with 130lm/W efficiency? Most (all?) of the LEDs that I’ve seen in that efficiency range are 5000-6000k with cri around 70.

hey all, I have imported the lights mentioned at top of post. They are overpowered chips. The finish work on the fixture left many sharp edges.

A better design is shown here. In my opinion anything over 1000 Watt becomes too big to handle and mount…and shed heat effectively

Do you know; what lights up a Soccer Stadium?

answer:

a soccer match

Sorry, just saw that somebody posted some spam, and thought people would be in for a joke ;)

I just came across these LED PORT LIGHT. But I was wondering whether these so called great lights can be good enough. Anyone know if they work as well as the common Metal Halide or high pressure Sodium floodlights?

LED LIGHT 1,000W IP68 ANTI-CORROSION –35° TO +65° FOR PORT LIGHTING

FEATURES:
—-High power(100w-2000w) excellent quality with best price.
—-Light efficiency up to 140lm/w.
—–2-5 times bright than conventional light. 1/2 power to replace conventional lamp,
—–50% cost reduction compared with HPS or MH.
—–5 times longer life-span than incandescent bulbs, life time 80000 hours.
—-High quality and a true 90% of high-efficiency lens.
—-Light designed for outdoor only.
—-Widely used in industrial, stadimum, square, garden, gas station, warehouse, factory.
—-Environmentally Sustainable.
—-Customized Color Temerature Available.
—-Customized Wattage Support.
—-Colors of Red Green Blue Available.
—-According to the quantity order,discounts available.

Do you know; what lights up a Soccer Stadium?
<———

check here.

IP66 Waterproof LED Flood Light For Stadium court Lighting, football court lighting, tennis court lighting

Oh my god What the hell is that creature?!?!! O-o

It's really creepy!!!

:evil:

We produce led flood light.

And would like to give you an advice:

1:Consider about the structure ,weight,and heat sink.The highest for led lighting is around 500W.If more, the height will be a bit high for installation.

2:Now, we use 145lm/w led chip light efficacy.THe lamp efficacy can reach 110lm/w.

3:To the life time, better you can choose product which pass the FM-79/FM-80.

4:Modular design will be the trend.

Dear Sun,

i am confused !

“2:Now, we use 145lm/w led chip light efficacy.THe lamp efficacy can reach 110lm/w.”

<——-could you make it more clear ? like this led stadium light

thanks very much.

to brighten huge area like football stadium

need 60000 lumen or more to brighten in four course of it

in totality 240000 lumen enough to brighten that if less than it be

this affect to player in to their game and affect judges to in order that they cant diagnosis what happen in the game and affect onlookers to not can see the game properly

this issue with the distance of the any one to lawn

even cameramen cant record properly

if you use led try to attend this that led in huge sizes can consume energy as like as mercury hid bulb but advantage the led technology in time lapse may solve this problem

240000 lumen sounds rather weak for a stadium, 20 of Dale's middle-of-the-road builds would do the job then :bigsmile:

glad

if it was like thing you told lighting official of stadium do it certainly

20 of Dale's cannot brighten more than 30 meter

in just you stare 240000 lumen you become blind , human eye cant tolerance more than 60000 lumen just sun in hot summer sky in equator produce 80000 lumen in 1 m2 square in earth that no body can stare directly into sun fore some seconds this damage eyes permanently

if 240000 lumen is not enough to brighten football stadium?

look at 240000 lumen how much LED you must power on to give this issue

you calculate it yourself

hamedshh, I think you may have missed the fact that djozz was making a joke. Maybe it didn’t translate well. Anyway, if you used the brightest light Dale has made so far, it would take merely 12 of them to reach 240000 lumens! However, I think he only had it that bright for a short time. :wink:

oh

i cannot imagine light dales ever

what are them?

i think you say about light tower in middle of road

excuse me but yet i did not seen any light tower in ways that produce more than 7000 lumen

what you mean about light dale?

can you show me a sample of that?

what technology used to produce light

it not understood for me

i search many place but but i would not find any sign of that

can you show me a picture of that

Dale is a member here. His screen name is DBCstm. He comes up with some outrageous flashlights sometimes! For instance, he owns a 3” long flashlight that he calls the Texas Poker. It is capable of around 1000 lumens from a single 10440 cell! He has made flashlights that you could carry in your pocket that are capable of producing over 5000 lumens. The flashlight I mentioned above that does 20,000 lumens is a BTU Shocker that he modified and put 3X XHP-70 in it. He said it only made 20,000 lumens briefly. Another member, Old-Lumens is building a new handmade light that will produce over 20,000 lumens when it is finished. It uses a single Cree CXA3590 emitter and 9X 18650 cells! He has already tested the emitter at 45 volts and 4.25 amps! Here is the link to that one.

And I seriously don't think 240000 lumen will light up a football stadium...

EDIT, a rough calculation: I found here in some FIFA-pdf that a decent lighted soccer-field for national games needs 2500 lux on the grass (3500lux for international games, and there's a bit more to it, quite fun to read the pdf). Say that an area of 7000 metersqr. needs to be illuminated, than that equals to 17,500,000 lumen, that is 875 Dale/OL-monster-lights.

oh

thank to you to informed me about dale

excuse me to i had mistaken

dale is great flashlight producer and assembler

i read the lighting football stadium pdf that have a lot of scientific information about how to brighten football stadium in perfect bright

17,500,000 lumen is great ultra illumination may consume a lot of energy to produce that

may be individual powerhouse need to provide power to bright on lights

i if can ,i want to buy Texas poker to experiment it

if to bright of 7000 meter square near sun shine you may use calculate the luster

in 80000 lumen per each meter it mean 80000 x 7000 equal to 560,000,000 lumen

to bright football stadium near noon time sun shine in summers long day

that all human in that place feel sweat!!!!

how much dale produce this situation?

for stadium lighting project, football court lighting project.

here are the led stadium light can support with professional football court lighting solutions.

and it says,

SUCESSFUL CASE IN ITALY, A RUGBY COURT:

120x85M RUGBY COURT LIGHTING IN ITALY:

ORIGINAL LIGHTING SOLUTION:
2000W*108pcs METAL HALIDE,

2000W+500W(80% POWER EFFICIENCY), ILLUMINATION LEVEL 500-600LUX, TOTAL POWER 270KW.

Theledmaster’s LIGHTING SOLUTION:
1000W *210pcs (Master-FLL1000), LED LIGHT SOURCE,

1000W+50W(95.24% POWER EFFICIENCY), ILLUMINATION LEVEL 1100-1200LUX, TOTAL POWER 189KW.

I have a stuffed toy of that!! It’s really friendly as a character