High quality hosts for fairly cheap! Deal Alert!! Some WolfEyes AK6 discussion

That makes sense to me! I’m not sure what Ouchyfoot was talking about when he said this:

Maybe he was thinking in future tense, after finishing his mod.

What I meant was that with Li-Ions in in a 2S configuration, I would have doubled my reading of 1.8A to calculate what current the emitter was getting, but with 1.5V cells in a 2S configuration and a 3V emitter, 1.8A would be what the emitter is seeing. I think.

See ChibiM’s post. The batteries are in a series configuration. Estimate the driver efficiency as 80-90%. To calculate what the LED is seeing you must convert from Volts & Amps to Watts, multiply by efficiency, and then convert back from Watts to Volts and Amps:

Those Lithium Primary cells should be about 1.2v each under an approximately 2A load. (see HKJ’s review of NICE Lithium AA cells, that’s what I’m guestimating based on)

Therefore 1.2*6= 7.2V input.
You measured 1.8A input
1.8A * 7.2V = 12.96W

now we adjust for efficiency, we do both 80 and 90% at this point since it’s just guesswork.
12.96W * 0.8 = 10.368W
12.96W * 0.9 = 11.664W

I don’t know the vF curve for an MC-E, and I don’t know whether the MC-E is configured in 1s4p, 2sp2, or 4s4p for it’s four dies. Therefore I’m going to pretend it’s an XM-L2 :wink: If MC-E forward voltage is lower than XM-L2 then it’s seeing more current. Here’s the output ballpark… for an XM-L2.

XM-L2 @ 3.5Vf
10.368W / 3.5V = 2.96A (80% efficiency driver)
11.664W / 3.5V = 3.33A (90% efficiency driver)

That’s sloppy and just for estimating.

Okay. I must have missed a chapter somewhere. I always though that six 1.5V cells in a 2S3P setup would be 3V. I guess I’m totally mixed up. I took a measurement of mine at the switch with the factory cells and got a reading of 6.19V. Head scratching time!

They are in 6s1p.

Holy crap. I just checked with my DMM and they’re 6S1P. I just saw all the neg. springs on the bottom and assumed the carrier was 2S3P. I thought I was losing my mind. I couldn’t figure out where you were calculating all that voltage from.

:)

That makes modding easy. I couldn’t figure out what to do with only 3V. Ignore what I said about using 6 x 14500, that would be bad.

Expensive + Bad = do not do.
Got it. :-p

… and I couldn’t figure out why you were talking about a buck driver with only 3V available.

It's a neck lanyard, according to this review.

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/wolf-eyes/wolfeyes-ak6.html

Just ordered, thanks. PayPal's conversion charged $2 more than online currency converters suggested it would be.

Ah, I see... didnt know that.. must be quite a pain to keep this thing hanging around your neck for more than 3 minutes.

Links seem to be broken…? Can anybody link me to the 29€ Sunwayman D20A?

Just keep trying. Apparently the website constantly acts up. Open link, fail, go back, open link again.

Try this. The site keeps adding a customer ID that seems to cause problems.

https://flashlightshop.de/product_info.php?cPath=347&products_id=7683

If you see &osCsid....

added on, try deleting it.

Just keep linking into it, sooner or later it comes up to the correct page.

AK6 is sold out.

AK6 is still available. The site seems to be acting differently, like they’ve improved it.
http://www.flashlightshop.de/product_info.php?cPath=347&products_id=8001&osCsid=1acc4c0a958f351feb8af318fe77d54f

Any of you guys were able to take the pill apart?

I unsoldered the boards, but couldn`t get the reflector off the pill.

I put it on a boiling hot pan, and waited a minute or so, but it didnt bother.. I still couldnt get the darn thing off.

not sure how much voltage the led gets, but at 1 moment I saw 7.x Volts.. which might indicate we can replace it with an MTG2? but again.. not sure if that was the correct voltage or what. because it was very difficult to get some reading... using only 2 hands.