Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

The defiant work light and hdx work light are still regular price here

This is the work light I saw on clearance. It has a metal reflector shield.

Maybe this is what you saw at full price? It is it’s replacement and cheaper with a plastic shield.

My heart stopped for a moment when I came across this. I thought I had found more of the twin double packs of 4Ah Ryobis that debuted at 99.00 the pair. If I could have found some more, surely they would have been a penny by now!

Blast it all! These are not the twin double packs, but rather a new item. Quad single packs! :frowning:
At this list price, still not a bad deal.

Speaking of penny deals. \
while cleaning out my wallet of all the receipts that accumulated over the last month. 0:)

I came across the bar code that I had cut off the Ridgid 12V twin drill pack. I was carrying that and had scanned it when we were down in Hilton Head, SC in February. That scan enabled me to realize that the price for that pack had gone down to 18.02, even though the store I was in at the time was out of stock.
I tried scanning that same bar code the other day and this is what I saw.

Here’s a fantasy for everyone. Find one of those in a store and it can be had for a penny.
Not likely, but I suppose possible. At least in my dreams anyway.

A couple of weeks ago I came across this display and figured I would give this a shot.

The package contains a wireless hub and 2 LED bulbs. The included hub will ONLY work with the GE-Wink bulb and 2 of the bulbs are included. The hub is plugged into an outlet and there is a free app for iOS or Android. Once the hub is connected to your local WiFi and paired to the included bulbs, the bulbs can be turned on and off or dimmed remotely. Even across the internet.
I had a little trouble at first when setting them up and got discouraged. I started to read the reviews and they were TERRIBLE. I did notice that the more recent reviews were quite good though. It seems that with software updates this set becomes quite good. Once I realized that, I pressed on and got it going. It really wasn’t hard to do. Just had to study the directions. IT works. Best of all, 1 app can control more than one installation.
The price is reduced 50%, probably because of the negative reviews while in they early stages of software upgrades. At $24.97 for the hub and 2 bulbs, I consider it a real bargain. Extra bulbs are still full price, 14.97 each. It is actually cheaper to buy another setup for $24.97, than buy 2 extra bulbs at 14.97 each.
LINK to the Home Depot site
The web page says that the WINK hub is required and is sold separately.
That is not true, the hub that is included is all that is needed for these lights to work. There is nothing else to buy

These two lights are full price at my HD.

My HD is starting to be a lost cause for items. I went the other night at about 8pm and scoped out some items. I went back the next morning. I got there at about 7am and they were gone. My honey hole has gone dry.

^ Same here. Things were fairly slim pickin's at the one store that I could find good deals, but now it's a bit of a desert. Maybe people will tire of nothing turning up and deals will start to emerge again. But based on tag dates, it will be several months of dry here.

Same here. I had been following a Linksys router now for months. The E1200 wireless N, it originally was 44.98 and went to an even $20. They sat at that price for months, all the stores around herehad them. Then a couple of weeks ago they suddenly vanished. The stores that still had them, the price went back up to 44.98. I found 1 store not far from here that still had them for $20 and I bought one. Now, 2 days later, at that same store they are on clearance at $19.06.
I just checked the Lowes Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread and things were fast and furious there last June. Maybe Lowes will be where it’s at shortly.

These lights are finally marked down at my store! Gonna watch these. Plenty on the shelf.

Also, just noticed these new T8 LED replacements:

-Garry

HD is starting to aggregate me. I check on some products yesterday at around 9am. They were dated 10-2-2014 so the 6 month waiting period was up. All of them scanned for the sticker price. I returned today at 7am and all the products had been pulled. It was a crap load of small LED bulbs, a bunch of Velcro, several light fixtures, and a few other items. What do I have to do now, camp out?

^ OH, so close! That bites the big one.

At my HD, stuff is disappearing months in advance. Maybe it's all selling, but seems too wide spread to be that. The clearance shelves are semi empty now and the stuff remaining has many months to go. I wouldn't be surprised in some employees have started stashing the stuff away for friends to purchase later at a penny.

I don’t think that’s what is happening here. I think they are pulling them the day before they change it. I would think that the home office opens at 8am EST which would be 7 CST here. I would imagine any updates would be sent out to the stores around home office opening, or automatically generated at the end of the day. Who knows. I just wouldn’t imagine it being in the middle of the day, as it would be easier to do changes prior to or at the opening of the stores. I know they didn’t manage to get everything off the shelves in the hour before I got there. So, since it scanned regular price yesterday, they must be pulling them a day early now.

I just hate I missed out on the stuff. There were 30-40 of the little LED’s, probably 40-50 packages of Velcro, 6 light fixtures, and a ton of these little 5 piece HD tool pouches.

The three stores near me leave nothing. The employees pull immediately and purchase the good stuff before we get there :)

were those T8’s 21.97 a piece?I haven’t been to the store next to work in a while, maybe I should take a little walk during lunch tommorw.

That’s when you KNOW something is priced at a penny, but the self checkouts are CLOSED. I swear they have someone on the lookout and close them when they see me coming. :slight_smile: I just read the few posts above and dashed out to see if those small LED bulbs were still in play. As I walked in I noticed that the yep, the self checkout was closed with 3 employees guarding it.
Then I went straight for the clearance area to see if “my” bulbs were still there. I actually have bought a few at the “3” price ’cause I needed a few and didn’t want to totally miss out. They were still there.

I took one up the the register to pay for it. I figured it wasn’t yet a penny and I was right, still $2.83 I suspect that they are pulling some stuff “before it’s time” These bulbs have disappeared from many stores weeks ago. Only a couple of stores around here still have any, the reason I was forced to get some at the “3” price. Oh well, 1 more won’t kill me.
BTW, while at another HD earlier today, I FINALLY found the proper Energizers. The 2300mAh ones, not the 1500mAh ones in the 2300 package. Here is the 2300’s next to the 1500’s. The packaging is the same! EverReady put the wrong cells in some of their packages. The green 1500 mAh on top, the silver 2300 mAh on bottom.

I also found 9 more of the nightlights today, that puts me well over 100. I DID see those 5 packs of tool pouches and they were marked at $5.04. I should have checked the scan instead of passing them up

4 more of the 106 quart containers

One of my two local HD’s has a bunch of stuff in the middle of the aisles wrapped in black plastic. I asked an employee and he said they are doing a spring Black Friday. I did see some buy one get one free ryobi battery packs

The Ryobi 18V battery testers went to a penny today at my home store.

I didn’t get any as they had been already pulled. This one was already on the cart of the guy that pulls them.

I rushed across town where I knew there were more at another store, but they have not yet gone to a penny. Maybe tomorrow.

Meanwhile I scored more of the landscape lights for a penny when I had to travel to New Haven yesterday. I hit a couple of stores in the area and found 4 more of the nightlights, one more 106 quart tub, a ceiling light and 11 landscape lights.
I found them hanging on a pole far away from where they should have been. They were no doubt forgotten about as they had not even been updated when the clearance price was reduced to 2.83. They were still marked as 8.36, down from the original 13.77.

They had a ton of dust on them as they had been there for quite some time.

Well I missed those Phillips led MR16 bulbs I posted awhile ago (none to be found now and I couldn't get to the store at all last week, maybe its been 2 weeks) - oh well.

I did discover this great deal though:

I only saw 60w equivalents. I really need 40's. Maybe they were stashed somewhere odd. These 60's were in the back of the store near the light fixtures and not up with light bulbs.

-Garry

^ That is a very good deal. Thank for reporting it garrybunk.

I bought a couple pairs and installed them last night. The work great. Light is evenly distributed and seems to be around "60w" of output. Box doesn't say anything about CRI but they seem to have a pretty decent CRI. Gonna pick up 4 more boxes today.

So your HD has the same deal. I was wondering how regional this deal might be.

-Garry