Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

I wonder if the managers pull reports of what sells for a penny and get on to the staff. My local HD’s seem to be a little more diligent in pulling items off the shelves lately.

That may be true, but right now I’m in NE Ohio, seemingly fertile hunting grounds. There are over 2000 stores in the chain…. So little time. LOL

An example

I’ll be in NE Ohio in about 10 days, don’t snatch them all up!

Don’t worry, I left these for you! This pic here came from the Ashtabula HD. At the time they scanned for the $7.53. They should be a penny by the time you get there. :party:

Here though is a result of my Ohio Trip. Hit the stores on the way from Connecticut, through New York and into Ohio. (I had mercy on PA, are you relieved Garry?)

Of note: more than 40 additional night lights, I now have close to 100

Each of these items cost a penny each and since there fewer than 100 items in total, everything shown here cost less than $1 TOTAL. :slight_smile:

Wow.

Wanna get rid of some of those rechargeable cells? :slight_smile:
I’d happily use a pack or two of em’.

I didn’t realize those cells showed up in the picture. I had them out because I was getting pictures for this post. Those are the 8 packs of Energizers that we had been talking about just a little earlier. I got those on clearance for $5.33 per pack, just as my friend in Missouri did and it is the same deal that Garry got, only he came upon the 4 packs. I remember you mentioning that they were 1500mAh cells and I was steadfast in claiming that they were 2300mAh cells… For proof I presented some Amazon and EBay links and also referred to the cells that my friend and Garry got. Something VERY strange going on here!
First up is some pics I got from stock at Lowes. They are 2300mAh cells and state so on each cell.

Now the packages of the cells I got in HD

If you look closely, you can see that each cell is marked 1500mAh! Even though the packaging is the same, the cells are different. The back side of each package claims these cells to be 2300mAh.

In fact at Home Depot, the capacity of the included cells in the most recent stock varies even more than that!
Here are 3 different packages at one HD side by side on the rack with capacities of 1300, 1400 and 1500mAh

Garry if you read this, can you post pictures of the cells and if you still have it, the packaging they came in? My friend threw his packaging away but says his 2300 mAh cell tops are gray. The 1500mAh are white.

That is weird. I hadn’t seen the 1300mAh version. Wonder why they have 3 or more capacity versions of the lower capacity, high cycle cells.

What is a bit more eye opening is that 1400mAh/1500 cycle Energizer cells are right about the same price as Panasonic 2000mAh/2100 cycle Eneloop cells.

I doubt any particular HD will have these deals as I only saw then here and there.
I actually bought one of these. It is rather large as can be judged by the comparing to the included brick charger. Work light emits 200 lumen but casts hard shadows as there are only 3 emitters. There is a flashlight at the end of the stick that emits 150 lumens. It is a little too blue for my liking. Regular price was 29.97 and they did not sell. This one store is the only one that I came across that had them at this clearance price, they were not to be found in most of the others. What made me give this light a shot was the fact that it is rechargable. Has a Lithium cell or cells inside. Unfortunately the charging voltage is 9V, not 12V! Why would they do that! IF if was 12V, it could be charged in the car. Maybe just another reason it didn’t sell.

Here it is at it’s regular price

And a picture from my home town HD that I shot this morning. For some reason is $1.50 more here

3 sets of bike locks, keyed alike, if you can stand bike locks with keys.

Drop lights but they don’t have an outlet included.

Oooops, time for a Lowes plug. They only had one and I grabbed it. could have bought 143 of them for that price at HD earlier in the year :wink:

This HD had lots of 12V Lithium chargers. The red ones are Milwakee, the black and yellow are Dewalt and the green one is Ryobi. $10 each charger. 3 of the Dewalts were 18v and included a battery for $75. (not worth it in IMHO)

There was 1 12v Ridgid for $10 which I grabbed for all those 12v twin packs that I got for $18.02 each.

I also got an 18v Ridgid charger at the same HD, but had to pay $20. (they go for $50 in the package) :slight_smile:

Earlier while in another HD, I came across a loose 18v Ryobi charger on a clearance rack with no price. I offered the tool guy $10 and he said OK, let me know when you are ready to check out. I told him I’m ready now, so he walked me up to the cashier and and he told the girl that because he could not find a SKU # for the charger (It was part of a combo pack and not sold separately) That he was going to give it to me for $10. At least that is what I thought he was going to say. What he did say was that he was going to give it to me, and then stopped. He never said “for $10) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Wireless remote controls for your lights! I saw these at lots of stores.

I saw this deal at 2 different stores, 1 store had 6, the other 2. Radio is powered by crank, solar or battery and has a usb charging port.

Here are some other misc power slots, etc. The one on the right has 3 outlets and 4 USB charging ports.

I don’t exactly know how many stores I visited, but I can say it is very strange to walk into store after store and see slightly different versions of the same theme, stock and personnel.
All in all, this trip was a lot of work and it was also a lot of fun. And fun is the most important thing!

Last week when I got the locks there were 4-5 of these Ryobi volt meters. It rung up at $7.56 So I returned it to the shelf. Today they were all gone. I decided to rummage around the clearance rack. I found one hiding behind some other stuff, I figured they were all gone because of a price drop. I took it to self check and it rung up at $2.53, I figured, rather than return it to it’s hiding place and wait for it to drop to a penny I would just buy it.

I wish I could find some of those rechargeable batteries, but all they have are $10 AAA 4 packs.

Yeah, they were originally 9.97 and that was too much. While in Ohio I came across the Highland Heights store. They had 2 sleeves worth. As I was pretty much just looking for penny deals I only took this photo. As I was traveling back home yesterday I got a call from that friend in Missouri and was told that they were going for 2.53. What I don’t know is whether these at the Highland Heights store, even though tagged at 7.56, would have rung up for 2.53. An example of me not practicing what I preach :open_mouth: Check the price at the scanner!

dch, I'm out of town but I know my cells all have the 2000mAh rating on them. Pretty sure the tops of my cells are a greenish-gray color, definitely not white.

Hmm . . . I should pull a dch and stop by the home depots on my way back home tomorrow (no wife or kids with me)! How successful were you in MD? (Will give me an idea if anything is left!)

-Garry

I have never been in a Maryland Store

Ah good! :) I thought you hit MD stores on your last road trip?

-Garry

Here is just the kind of situation that can lead to a penny deal

My home town HD has 8 of the Ryobi battery gauge as mentioned by xja Notice that they are un-priced and just sitting on the shelf. They have been around forever and have not sold when they were 9.97. They were probably reduced to 9.00 before they went to 7.56 and still they did not sell. Now for some reason there is no price on them at all. It is even more unlikely they will be sold now than in the past. I took one up to scan and they are now priced at 2.53. In about 3 weeks, if they are still around, they will go to a penny.

Damn dcho, love that table of stuff for under $1. That's crazy.

I had a meeting in a part of town that is normally out of my way. Stopped at a HD. The store was fairly thin stocked. No penny deals to be found, but I did find 2 AA8 and 1 AA4. $14.09 (plus sales taxes) for 20 decent Ni-mh AA's. Not complaining.

Did you get the 2300 or 1500mAh cells?

How about the night light that you got, have you ever tried to set it off with the sound of a smoke alarm? It gets super bright, much brighter than just when it gets turned on in the dark. I am going to sacrifice one (I can afford it) and do a review and tear down.
Even now when I visit most HOme Depots I can find at least one of them buried behind the newer stock or hanging on a pole elsewhere in the store.
I think I have proved this week that it is still possible to find them for a penny.

Just got home and confirmed my cells are all 2300mAh, packaged marked same as cells. Cells have a very dark greenish-gray color on top.

Didn't get any spare time to hit any home depots on my way home :( .

-Garry

dchomak wrote:

ImA4Wheelr wrote:

Damn dcho, love that table of stuff for under $1. That’s crazy.

I had a meeting in a part of town that is normally out of my way. Stopped at a HD. The store was fairly thin stocked. No penny deals to be found, but I did find 2 AA8 and 1 AA4. $14.09 (plus sales taxes) for 20 decent Ni-mh AA’s. Not complaining.

Did you get the 2300 or 1500mAh cells? How about the night light that you got, have you ever tried to set it off with the sound of a smoke alarm? It gets super bright, much brighter than just when it gets turned on in the dark. I am going to sacrifice one (I can afford it) and do a review and tear down.

Are some of the old packs that ring up for less turning out to have 1500mA cells? Mine are labelled 2300, but I have not tested them.

I have not tried to test the night lights for reaction to sound. I can say dog barks don't seem to activate the brightness feature. I am very curious what is in them, but I only have 3. I look forward to your review and tear down. Sounds cool.

I have found 3 of these AA8 packs at the clearance price of 5.33. They are suposed to be “recharge power plus” cells as stated on the package, but in my case, my packs contain only “recharge” cells and are only 1500mAh as printed on the cell. I can now tell the difference between “recharge power plus” cells and “recharge” cells at a distance, The power plus cells are all silver and the ordinary ones are green on the upper half.

I am sooooooooo unlucky! :smiley: :slight_smile: :wink:

Again you guys are awesome… I have yet to find a penny deal here in Hawaii. I keep checking but no success… Even many of the marked down items you show are still full price here.

I do see mark downs, but slow and crap items. Probably cuz of shipping and timelines…

The search continues…