Home Depot Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

No not at allā€¦ What is wrong with them?

??

Youā€™re right they are correct. I thought I saw the wrong pics on my iPhone while I was out. I make a lot of typing mistakes, etc. with that thing!

Here are pics of the ovenā€™s heating element and fan, as well as the light reflecting below.

Click thumbnails to view full images.

Does anyone know what kind of heating element it uses? Is it a halogen lamp or does it have some other gas inside? Or is there just a vacuum?

Because this has a thin filament and functions as a lamp, I would think this element would have a limited lifespan versus the simple resistive wire which lasts virtually forever.

When I looked at the one in the store, it looked like a heating element. I suppose when on it could glow. Depending on how brightly it glows would determine to some extent how long it would last. I suspect very strongly that actually it doesnā€™t glow that brightly. It may seem kinda bright but for a lamp, halogen or otherwise to produce enought heat for this oven, it would be incredibly bright. If you remember quartz heaters, they had a heating coil inside of a quartz tube and they glowed a little.
I have not yet unboxed ours, itā€™s for my wife. But my guess is that it is not heated by a light bulb the way the Suzy Homemaker Oven was.
EDIT:

I did some checking and these are available elsewhere
EBay $68
Amazon $61
Sears.com $115
Also one other site called it a ā€œHalogen infrared bulbā€
An infrared bulb will last longer that a bright white bulb because the filament isnā€™t driven as hard

Another Home Depot store has plenty, thatā€™s my SK-68 on top for scale

I missed this deal at this storeā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

But caught it at this one!

Yesterday they had 2 at $122.00 each

This morning they only had 1 at $10.00, now they have none :slight_smile:

For those that are interested, the pistol safe is down to 53.06. The next price drop would be somewhere around 18.03

I got 3 of these and they threw the fourth one, the display, in for free. The base is heavy and will support the light at any position. 2 will be used as uplights in our curio cabinet and the other 2 will be used as work lights.

Remember the Defiant 5C light? this store had them for 9.88. Cheapest I ever saw on clearance was $12.00. I may have found one for a penny once, Iā€™m not sure.

This is the kind of Christmas gift a man would receive from a Niece. :bigsmile:

An LED Crescent Light!

It lights up! I wonder where the batteries go?

3 paks of GE LED bulbs. This price does not include any subsidies, a straight up price. I didnā€™t get any, they look VERY cheaply made.

I did like the small form factor though.

Last week while we were on vacation somewhere in NY on an impulse I swung off the highway, I saw a Home Depot. While my wife went next door to the WalMart I went in and found another one of the 18V Ryobi blowers.
This time for a penny!

WAT O-O

Wow $120 ceiling fan only $10 wow wow wow
Are they still selling them in all stores at that price?? I gotta go look for them next timeā€¦

dchomak why is it only you who gets all these unbelievable stuff?! Are you just so doggone lucky?

All of the (few) items I have found that are old enough to be a penny (older than 8 months 1 week) were not a penny!! :_( Maybe this is a hoax >.>

Itā€™s true I lead a charmed life. That Discovery Fan-Light that I missed out on was 2 days ago. It was gone already but the next day I found myself in another HD at about 10AM. I walked into the lighting section and asked the first guy I saw if they had any ā€œ215-541ā€ He took out his scanner and looked it up and said yep, we have one and he led me over to it. As we got there, the pricing lady was just getting up off her knees at the shelf it was on. 10 seconds earlier she had just put the $10 sticker on it! They both looked at me with a bewildering look as if to ask How did you know?
That $122 fan that went to $10 the next day was also because I knew another store had already marked it down to $10 the previous day. I went last night, snapped the $122 photo and then went back this morning and earlier that morning the price must have been changed to $10. I was lucky that the person the grabbed the first one before I got there didnā€™t take both.
So as far as I know, at least in this area, there are 3 different ceiling fans getting marked down to $10
They are
ā€œDiscoveryā€
ā€œCaicosā€
and one I have missed ā€œFarmingtonā€

The Farmington is a cheaper fan with a list price of only $79.95

Definitely, not a hoax. Many of us (including me, I may have been the first to report one) have found them. They are also documented on other web sites. I do think that dchomak has a has some things that make him seem charmed (I call it the finder power, after that very short TV series):

• dchomak is very observant and notices details.
  • He is willing to take the time to report his findings so other can get them too. I (and I bet many others) tend to buy and not report.
  • He is near stores that move big volumes of high profit items. Those stores are too busy moving real money makers and don't want slow moving stuff cluttering up the store. The stores I visit, however, need to make as much as they can on all items and don't discount as fast as his stores.
  • Many others have become savvy at snatching up or hiding these items so that they can eventually get them at a penny.

Wait I thought I wrote a message but it disappearedā€¦ ugh I probably did something and lost it

Donā€™t you hate it when you write a message but then you lose it all? |(

Anyway I said it was funny that they gave dchomak the display for free :stuck_out_tongue: I mean why would they do that? Are they discontinuing it or something?

Those LED bulbs may look lousy but they arenā€™t really. They last longer than the Philips Basic Bulb, though theyā€™re less efficient and a bit more expensive. The BrightStik, as well as several others, are competitors to the Philips bulb, but none of them have defeated Philips. GE got very close though.
Because of the compact tubular shape and the cool white version, this may be worth buying for certain applications.

ImA, you forgot to mention that dchomer also visits 32 different Home Depots on any given day (we'll that might be an exaggeration). His chances of finds sky rocket that way.

-Garry

Did anyone catch the 24 packs of AAA energizers ? Slickdeals said they were in store only at 3.53$ a while ago .

Supposedly HD isn't carrying the 24 pack any more .

I use almost only NIMH myself ...but lots of people i know still use lots and lots of reg, alkaline

*** EDIT ...Of course you saw them ....you guys don't miss a thing . Sorry i didn't read back far enough in this thread .

hahaha :smiley: :bigsmile: 8) :money_mouth_face: :open_mouth: :wink: :beer:

Do you have any tips on finding penny items? I have been looking through clearances for anything that does not say /15 on the date on the tag. I have found very few items that were old enough to be a penny, and they are usually just vacuum filters or some boring old trash, but none of them scanned as a penny.

It looks liek you people are finding many items by searching through the aisles. Is that what I should do? Are there items marked for clearance in aisles instead of being on a clearance shelf?

Recently I posted a pic of 3 cases of 8 piece plier sets for $2.52. Find any of those now and they will be a penny. I found 2 sets last week. Same would be true now of the 24 packs of AA Energizers that were 3.53

COOL! Thanks!!! I will be on the lookout for them!!

Just now we used the convection oven for the first time to cook dinner. We made calzones. It actually turned out quite well!

The oven is rather annoying because the bright heating element turns on and off and on and off. It would run on for about 12 seconds and turn off for about 5 seconds, and with a click of the relay in-between each on/off. And so you have an annoying light that turns on and off.

Other than that, it cooked well! Nice oven!

my local HDā€™s have changed their tactics. There are NO $x.x3 clearance items anymore. They are none to be found. I saw only 1 or 2 $x.x6 clearance items the other day. Everything else that was on clearance ended in $x.00

cashier went crazy when they rang up. :slight_smile:

Found these 4 packages of rechargibles, right out in front, should have scanned for a penny.

I had to leave them behind

Congrats on the ceiling light dcho. Ten dolla, man, I need to start hitting HD's again.

Bummer on the cells. So close, but yet so far.