How about a Orange Dry with a brown center :) Tutorial as well!!!

Thanks for the encouragement , when I disassembled it the positive wire must have had a bad solder joint cause when I removed the driver it was not connected, really thin wire on mine as compared to another I saw , so all drys are not assembled equal , be careful

I tried a blue/ grey light. It went light grey. No real change.

a little less time under the flame. I couldn get the switch out of the 2100 so its still black. Its a poor photo and doesnt really show the true color, will fix later. I got the switch out

The colour is more brown than the photo shows, the 503b is bronze looking. Next one I will really cook and see how light it will go

I like the colour on that 503. Did it start out as black or olive green?

It was black. I heated it with a smaller flame more slowly. I had the colour fairly even but only had a mug of water and cooled half of it at a time so the tail end turned out lighter.

Silver 504B body in the oven. I don't expect all that much to happen. Still, we'll see in an hour or so.

Can't wait.

Does it smell when you put the parts out of the oven? A litlle rosmarine might help. Used it plenty times when cooking graphic cards (to solve the cold joints problem of overheated cards). Rosmarine masks the foul smell of burnt dust and other junk on cards. Faulty graphic cards benefit also from cooking! Success rate is 14 out of 16 dead tried. Flashlights are not the only electonics worth cooking. :)

VGA card reciepe:

Preheat oven at 200 Celsius Any program (pizza works fine) but without ventilation!

Put the stripped (heatsink and plastic stuff) bare card on a plate face down (GPU side down) with cooking paper along with rosmarine (to mask the bad smell)

Let it cook for exactly 10min.

Take out, leave it cooling down naturally (don't force any faster cooling methods), reassemble and try in a pc.

Serve with a good benckmark like Furmark for example to appreciate the reciepe.

Goes well with some red wine like Zinfandel after the benchmarks are successfull.

Voila.

There appears to be little or no change. I'll take some pictures once the parts cool down. It has spent just over an hour at 300oC.

Just for reference her are some before shots.

I do wonder about dimensional stability - or will it still lego?

I really should stop

Cookery results in. No real change - maybe a slightly golden sheen that wasn't there before.

Those threads are not pretty. Time for a bath.

The rest of it.

Washed the parts in hot soapy water to clean up burnt residues in the threads.

Put the O rings back, lubed, cleaned and reassembled. As ever, the switch retaining ring was a pain to put back.

Thanks Don. I suspected the end results being like that.

It would be funny if someones wife switched lights with a black one ..

You'd wake up and think...." wait a minute ....it turned back to black again "

EDC you DO need to stop ....

I'm still curious if indeed they do start getting lighter and lighter ...

Someone needs to get creative with a toothpick and some oil and go for the striped or spotted light ... My sipik 58 has a few spots of black I assume it's because I didn't clean it before baking.

trustfire 801 ?

sunwayman ?

zebralight ?

Nitecore ?

Don't have the guts ...

Thought I'd try a type 3 anodised light - the Fenix E01 came to mind.

So I attacked the body with a gas torch for ten minutes.

There was a fair amount of organic material in the knurling which burned off. The olive green dye Fenix uses is tough stuff.

If anything, the area I heated now looks newer than the rest of the body. Photobucket seems to be refusing to accept my pictures just now.

I tried the cheap blue anodized light I mentioned early and it was very non-exciting. I left it in the oven for 2+ hours, but the blue only faded slightly. It has a muted silver/gray sheen now as the only difference. I tried to photograph it but my camera pumped the saturation up too much so you can't really tell that much difference in the photos.

Frown

Don, when this topic first came up, ezarc made the comment that the heat treatment only seems to work with HA II coating - HA III won't change color.

That actually looks fantastic! Traditional black & gold…nice!

I masked up a Solarforce L2i (sorry, Foy) and hit it with oven cleaner. Five minutes later, the ano slid off.

Into the oven it went:

Here's how it came out, before polishing :

I did a Solarforce L2M body, and it came out nicely :

Haha u r a mad man ,very cool

did you mask with tape? I was thinking candle wax might work well...