How cool would it be to have an HID headlamp?

Got my first non LED light - Firefoxes FF5 4300K - and the beam is just amazing. It makes me wonder if anyone makes or will be coming out with an HID headlamp… :slight_smile:

Someone thought the same thing… look up 35W HID headlamp on the Chinese shopping outlets.

I think that deserves an embed and a link. :slight_smile:

What’s left of the advantages of a headlamp, when you fasten such a piece of hardware to your head?

Hahahaha

I’m not thrilled at the idea of strapping a high voltage AC driver circuit on my head.

I love how even the mannequin looks confused.

I’m sure it’s Chinas finest engineering and quality control in there. I’d venture in opinion that those may be famous last words for some people :stuck_out_tongue:

The flashaholics foil hat

Back in 2006 I bought a Trail Tech MR11 13W HID helmet light. Could certainly be used with a headband too, because it was pretty small and light. At the time it was mostly Halogen that dominated the high power head/helmet light market and this was quite the upgrade, but it wasn’t long before LED took over. Interestingly enough, some shops still has the MR11 in stock :open_mouth: It was probably discontinued 10 years ago…