How did we do? (FastTech.com)

I do have contact with customers at my work and it’s really a pain to have agressive customer even if the fault is on our side.
I think you are not used to chinese free shipping resellers, all are slow to process, slow shipping (but it came from far away) and slow answer. From your log, they didn’t take too long to answer you. It’s the downside to have cheaper price.

You see, BLF is a really nice forum to read because there is rules about kindness and politeness, no long flaming thread.

I also have a order which is still not shipped since a week…the times where fasttech send out all orders on the next day are gone.
The shipping options are also a lot slower than the former HK post so they aren’t fast for me anymore.(Fast are 3weeks for me….)

I post the log merely because FT really dissappointing in their recent service. I’m not new customer. I have been buying from them about 15 orders, value around $500. Not that much compared other users spending there. However as fair visualization, that value is like a layer or two above common undergraduate employee (bachelor) salary for a month in my country. I do know and get used to free shipping vendor. Before FT exist, I have been buying from ebay since 2006.

I believe most will agree with me, in the beginning of their appearance, every thing were top notch. Same day processing even same day shipment. Max 24 hours respond in ticket with sensible answer and answering the question and providing solution.
it starts to fade when the first wave of vape item, then second wave of battery chaos. And ever since they never recovered while to be frank, I still order from aliexpress, WB, BG, and BIC in the same period when FT service was jumping of the cliff. As I posted earlier these last 2 orders are hassle and the way they responded (or not, in previous PP dispute) is simply showing less motivation to do a proper business.

if most members feel my log post is rude or flaming, PM me and I will delete it.

ps: in the beginning 2 weeks delivery time is like heaven. Now 4 weeks minimum, should be glad already as mostly it reaches 6 weeks.

I used dealextreme since so long that I don’t remember when I start order from it, but sure it’s more than 10 years. There were many period, when all was OK, when they too 10 days to ship, when shipping was lost (but I suspect my postman), but in the end I never lose my money with them.
EBay, aliexpress cannot be compared. The slow processing is due to too much order, it’s the case with dx now, for many years it’s slow but everyone know they are reliable (but they are not the cheapest). Tmart or banggood still new and quite unknown. Fasttech have a good success especially for vaping goods. But even if it’s slow, they will never refuse to refund you if you don’t get anything for a long time. Be polite with them, they are underpaid Chinese worker.

I’ve got about 10 orders under my belt with Bangood. Never lost anything, but their shipping times are about on a par with Fasttech (definetly no faster, and maybe even slower) and so are their CS response times. However their packing is atrocious, and in that regard Fasttech is ahead of them. For example if I were to give Fasttech 6 stars our of 10, I’d be giving Banggood 4. I only use them if I really have to, like when batteries were not available elsewhere. Ali is a total mixed bag, I’ve found a couple of suppliers that are just awesome (Merino wool base layers and optics), and one or two others that you regretted dealing with. Trouble with them is you pretty much have to find a different supplier for each individual item.

For what it’s worth, I’m not sure you need to be overly concerned about negative side effects from initiating paypal disputes, as long as they are legitimate.

I typically have 1 or 2 ongoing all the time, usually because sellers from China haven’t delivered, or delivered the wrong item. It hasn’t been a problem for me. That said, I probably use paypal to send money / pay almost daily.

That’s good to know, I’ve been a bit paranoid about getting my account suspended. Perhaps then the people that do get suspended are the ones that buy fake items on purpose from eBay, and then ask for a refund because the item was fake, and knowing they’ll be able to keep it. Payal probably has its hands full trying to deal with all the scammers that try to abuse the Paypal system.

Placed a very simple order on Feb 5th. Just now (19th) received notice that it shipped! Ugh!

-Garry

Funny thing about ebay n aliexpress, although generally most consider them as slow seller, personally I got more fast respond and processing from them (with seller that I have dealt with. I only pick reputable one). As for DX and also KD, I have stopped ordering from there quite long time ago…

I agree with Le_Zouave. It is best for both parties if communications are kept at professional level. Those receiving our words are not necessarily the cause of the problem, yet they take big hit personally for it. Imagine doing that daily as your day job.

As for Fasttech as a whole nowadays, yes there is a huge change over the last few months. I feel their tone is more condescending than ever. Now some things vendor cannot control like the postage, but for the things that they do control, I think Fasttech is failing.

When they opened up their battery shipment again last time, I ordered some batteries. Malaysia Post was an option to me when ordered. Here’s what happened:

1. FT sat on my order for about 10 days. Afterwards, they cancelled the order.
  2. They claimed it’s MY fault because I picked the “wrong” shipment method (This is the method they allowed when I ordered.)
  3. They also claimed that Malaysia post does NOT ship to… Malaysia!

See? The above is a conscious CHOICE by FT to sit on the order, then blame the customer for FT’s fault, and try to cover it up with a huge stinking BS. I’ve been receiving from Malaysia Post all my life (obviously!!!). Instead of apologizing, and/or try to actually deliver the item, they proactively CHOSE to go this way.

So, no, I think FT is no longer an honest seller like they used to be.

ebay and aliexpress sellers, in general, has the fastest response time.

They even reply to my query during Chinese New Year. LOL. I can just imagine a grandma frowning with arms on hip, while the enterprising grandchild rushingly logging on ebay typing replies. “Just one more reply, grandma!”

This is depressing. I just ordered 3 packs of those new 3100mah 4.35v cells yesterday (they’re just to good to resist), along with 2 knives. I got a message saying that because of the sharp blades, Malaysia Post would be the only shipping option available to me. So now I’m starting to suspect that after I wait for about a week or 10 days, they will come back and cancel the order, and now I need to change my ordering rules to also include, “Do not mix knives and batteries in the same order”. As I really want to try one of the knives for a project I have in mind, guess I’ll go to Exduct and see if they have it so I’ll be able to have it when summer arrives at least.

I’ve actually made friends with one of the Ali sellers, we got on Google Chat once, and we’re in touch via Google Plus almost every day. He hasn’t come out and said so, but I can tell he’s much smarter than me, and a heck of a lot wealthier too I’m guessing.

I’d like to buy from fasttech, I heard good news about them.
Unfortunately they haven’t had TrustFire AK-47 9xT6 which I seek for,
they do have AK-90 but it is too big/heavy to my convenience —well, maybe,
actually it’s weird greeny colour that really turned me down.

So I bought AK-47 from questionable lightmalls along with 4 soshine 26650.
Maybe I should have bought the batteries from fasttech instead, but it’s already too late.

this is what I was trying to say/describe.
anyway life goes on, so does our choices of seller.

Which new 3100mAh with 4.35V?

They are still cheap, so it’s an option to order and after we now know for sure it will take forever to ship I can live with it.
I now just order things directly with free shipping, in former times I collected over a week and ordered a tracked parcel to get it as fast as possible.

Sorry, got it wrong, should have said Samsung ICR18650-32A

2 weeks from order to doorstep. Fastech is still my first choice if I have to look overseas.

It arrived today. 42 days. If it didn't arrive in the mail today, I would have filed a Paypal dispute. They used Swiss Post to deliver to me in the United States.

I stopped ordering from them last August/September. They were causing me alot of frustration with their packaging on items that were supposed to be in stock when I ordered. But everything I did get from them was good quality and worked well including a nice fast draw knife made by Gerber that I carry with me everyday still…