How did we do? (FastTech.com)

And then it burned through the shrink wrap?
Holy crap that’s not funny.

Yeah, it freaked me out. I just am glad I had a knife on me, I was able to quickly cut the negative strip before any venting.

We hear you. I have just pulled it from the site. We’ll definitely try to screen these out in the future. You can verify this here:

now-dead link

The link was for unbranded wrappers?

Which is too bad, those would be useful for laptop pulls, without worrying about idiots reselling them on ebay. Did I miss something?

they were ultrafire branded wraps
yes unbranded, or anything that isnt an already branded cell and clearly a re-wrap, would be helpful for a lot of people.

Ouch, I was concidering buying one of those, thanks :slight_smile:

@scaru, this is really bad. We’re sorry about this. Have you opened a ticket for this? We want to get this refunded or replaced by something else.

In the meantime, I made a mistake by only removing one of the colors from the site. I’ve corrected this now. All of them are now unavailable until a better product can be found.

For batteries, we test each one to ensure that they have a voltage reading, and that they can be charged by charging for a few minutes. For this particular product, we have rejected quite a few units that refused to charge during our QC tests. Please continue to let us know of issues like these so we can stop shipping them ASAP.

Thank you @scaru.

First of all, I would like to thank FastTech for your quick response to our collective petition regarding the pulling out of Ultrafire wrappers. In behalf of everyone, thank you very much.

I just received my order from FastTech of six Panasonic NCR18650As protected button tops. It looks very well-made, with a tough, clear plastic outer covering. Luckily it cleared my Pila (at 70mm) with just a few fractions of a millimeter to spare. I will do a discharge test tomorrow in my iCharger to check its discharge capacities. Astonishingly, ALL six cells are at 3.62V each. Initial impression is very positive, very fast shipping out too.

The 18650 wrappers I am referring to are the ones printed with the Ultrafire brands, not the unbranded, colored ones. In fact, I just received my unbranded 18650 wrappers for my laptop cells .

Yes, I have already opened a ticket and I have already recieved a response. They said they would send me a ML-102 as a replacement. Thanks for all the great work!

Thanks for listening FastTech.

Any word on whether you will get Kindle accessories?

i bought a 5-pack of 2 digit seven segment led display . I couldn’t find any pin configurations for the display though. after a failed trial and error where i think i damaged the display i asked about pin configurations at the fasttech forum. asked this friday, got a reply on saturday that they will look into it, and now monday they’ve added pin configurations to the product description!

if wallbuys hadn’t had those sales, i would already have made another fasttech order. but now i’ll have to wait a little longer. they’ve got excellent prices on stuff needed for playing with an arduino! :smiley:

I received great service at a great price. posted to the UK, 12 days from ordering very good keep it up I will be back for more soon.

I'm up to 9 orders, 6 rcv'd. Every freak'n day I see something in New Arrivals that I want -- you guys are kill'n me, or should say my back account .

It's weird, just when I'm really suspecting quality problems from the more reputable vendors I've used, FastTech comes through every time.

They’re on our list and should be here soon. While on the topic, we also have the 2nd generation Cree and Nichia emitters on the list. Some are easier to source, others are still being worked on. We’re trying to make things happen ASAP. Thanks again everyone.

Received today one Pop-Lite H6 from Fasttech.
Quality is the same as from DX - good!
Shipping time on the other hand was shorter and price lower.
Thanks!

Awesome! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

-Garry

FastTech: If you got XM-L2's and XP-G2's on SinkPad copper stars, I'll be dancin!

I’d like some XP-G2’s on 14mm stars, doesn’t have to be copper butt if it was I’d buy them too.

XM-L2 on copper :heart_eyes:

I am sure you will sell thousands!