How did we do? (FastTech.com)

Tacitapp…thou art the local photonius refundis thespianasaurus…me thinks :bigsmile:

So far…. My FT orders have all arrived eventually and in good condition. I made another order and it was shipped in one day. So, it varies a bunch but, they have always shipped in 4 days or less. My last order took about 4 days to hit NY after SingPost showed it as dispatched. 17tracker.net will show the location when the Singpost tracking shows nothing. Looks like I’ll get my batteries in about 13 days this time if it takes the usual 2 days after it leaves New York.

Just order every week and keep the packages dribbling in… :wink:

just use the gift certificate for the first time, easy and fast to convert and easy to apply :smiley:

for those who have requested a bulk price for “MAP” item, got few questions. maybe some can share?

1. how fast the process to obtain the price? is it like you create ticket on their morning working hour and will get reply on their noon or afternoon?
  2. how to use that bulk price on one order with other item ?
  3. is the bulk price obtained via one time use special code so can be applied during making any order that contain that MAP item at any time?

:slight_smile:

MAP agreements vary and some times its not just advertized price. I had one company that would not allow me to advertize case prices, they were protecting their wholesalers. So, some sellers have a separate website with pass word for “members” etc…

If you want to see if there are any discounts available for bulk orders then CONTACT THE VENDOR.

Spreading the fact of a Vendor openly discounting products that a manufacture is actively enforcing MAP only HARMS your chances of receiving discounts. Mainly MAP is a tool to keep one large seller from undercutting the whole market leaving the manufacture with one monopoly seller. Not all sellers get the same wholesale price, the guy that orders 100 units will not be able to compete with the seller who orders 100,000 units at a time thats paid in cash and shipped in a CONEX container etc.

For some reason Fast Tech is not even doing cart only prices, there may be a good reason. Amazon does this on many products that have MAP and have no issues. FT is probably on notice and is being very careful, posting requests on a public forum for them to violate the MAP more won’t help them at all to be in a position do give discounts.

few more, I like singpost to Finland

6. ordered 28.05.2013 received 13.06.2013 hkpost, no tracking 16days
7. ordered 15.06.2013 received 26.06.2013 singpost tracking 11days
8. ordered 30.06.2013 received 10.07.2013 singpost tracking 10days

To answer my own question, Yes, Jasmine is still around.

Still the good, helpful, & clear communication I have had previously.

:slight_smile:

Today i ordered:

1 x USB Male to Micro USB Male Data/Charging Cable - Black (200cm) High Speed USB 2.0
1 x Panasonic NCR18650A 3.7V 3100mAh 18650 Rechargeable Batteries button top / 2-pack
1 x ENB 2*18650 Li-ion Battery USB Emergency Charger charges USB devices and recharges via USB ports

Just got a mail that the order was shipped :smiley:
So lets see how long it’s gonna take for the package to arrive.

I just got notification that the order I placed on June 17, marked as shipped June 19, left Hong Kong on July 11. The Solarforce hosts that I ordered the same time have been here for more than a week. It’s hard to imaging that HK Post just let the package sit for 3 weeks while another one went through, but maybe that’s what happens. Or, the package sat in FT’s warehouse for a few weeks after the picture was taken. It’s tough when you don’t know who really is at fault for these delayed and missing shipments. Now that IOS is shipping HK Post I plan to get all flashlight related items from them, and I’ll just get my sundries, E.G.: knives, tire caps, and monogrammed toilet paper from FT. It would be nice to find more Taiwan sellers, as the Trit’s I order from there take about a week.

That sux really…

There are plenty of people from my country that are complaining at HKPO, packages ordered in first half of JUN (up to Jun 20) are marked as “The item left Hong Kong for its destination,” but they still did not arrive, stuff ordered after jun 20 is here, arrived, as if HKPO shipped prior orders via sea(freight ship) !!!
This comment is just about HKPO, I have no pending orders from FT

You got me curious, so I went online with Google. First I see that there was a similar massive slow down in 2009, so this is not new.

While at their site came across some other items they have posted:

- Suspension of online tracking data

- Mail Services to World Destinations

Still, it is hard to pinpoint exactly where the slowdown is taking place, and thus hard to determine if one method is better than another. But as I pointed out, my Solarforce products made it a lot faster via the same method, and again, if I could find more sellers located in Taiwan I’d certainly give them a try, and possibly Korea as well.

Update July 12: Newest order being shipped to Canada via SG Post today, so it appears they have abandoned their policy of just using HK Post for North America.

Send them a support ticket on that order, tell them you want all future orders on your account to be sent by HK Post. They said they did that on mine, but I haven’t ordered since to see if it’s working or not.

Thanks. I did that, we’ll see what they say. A couple of months ago Jasmine changed my account to HK Post before they decided to shift all NA orders to HK Post. Given that the previous 2 orders of June 17 are still not even in the tracking system, at this point SG couldn’t be any worse anyway. I’ll give those orders of June 17th until they hit the one month mark and then just do the Paypal thing as recommended by others in the forum.

Got a reply to the support ticket. Pretty disappointing canned response, which pretty much has placed me in the same boat with the growing list of dissatisfied customers who will no longer be purchasing from Fasttech:

They must be getting a lot of orders! I noticed my recent order has a SingPost label too. I have received things via SGP quite fast so I am not complaining. It is only a coincidence that my only lost parcel from FastTech was shipped to UK via SingPost. I blame Royal Fail.

Royal mail sucks. I have had a couple things shipped by them, and they are the worst

I sent FT a query about my 2 missing shipments ordered June 17th a couple of days ago and then today they start to track. The tracker tells me that one of the shipments left Hong Kong July 11, so it apparently sat in Hong Kong for 3 weeks! Sounds like the other one may arrive tomorrow.

In the meantime I ordered some Picatinny Rails and Weaver Mounts from an eBay seller, also located in Hong Kong, on June 25, and I found them in my PO Box today. As far as I can tell from the envelope they went ‘China Post’ (the tracking number starts with ‘RB’ and ends with ‘CN’.) I had not even bothered tracking this shipment as I don’t have the hosts to mount in them that are in that June 17 order from FT. So out of curiosity I enter the China Post tracking number and it tracked right through to my PO Box and showed me it actually was here yesterday waiting for pickup.

So, this leads to the question, is China Post better right now than HK Post and SG Post? And there must be a fascinating story behind why a shipment that was listed as ‘shipped’ on June 19 sat in Hong Kong for another 3 weeks: Did it actually get lost in a dusty corner of FT’s shipping bay before being discovered, did it get lost in a dusty corner of HK Post before being discovered, or did it have to wait in a long HK Post queue that could not get out due to lack of departing flights while queues of China Post and SG Post mail marched past them and make their way onto departing flights?

There was this incident involving Hong Kong customs:
https://www.fasttech.com/forums/order-support/t/1011909/the-fabled-lost-orders

Chloe,

I had just been musing in another thread that something must have happened that week, then you supply the answer, thanks for bringing us up to speed.

those orders never did left HKPO but what when you have this info:
14-Jun-2013, The item (RT180**HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 14-Jun-2013
and never arrived!