How did you come up with your screen name?

You forgot “better looking”, LOL. And while I’m here…

I was in middle school during the ’70s at the same time SNL was doing Conehead skits. Between the natural shape of my mellon and the hair style I had at the time, plus my status as a nerd, led to being called “Cone”. A term of endearment, so I’m told. Pretty sure it didn’t start out that way.

Even today, nearly forty years later, the people I still associate with from way back when still call me that.

LOL - never got to see if you responded to the cone-headed remark in the other thread where rufus and yellowhorse were exchanging “deep thoughts” . . . but this just makes that reference SO much better!!!

About 15 (+/-) years ago I was really into collecting and restoring old Kramer guitars. Guitar restoration is a really crazy hobby. You’ll be working on a restoration for a year or two… scouring ebay, pawn shops, flea markets and local used music gear shops for original parts, screws, hardware. Then THE ONE elusive piece you need to finally complete the guitar shows up on ebay, in pristine condition-NOS from some guys attic in Jersy. You NEED it… BAD to finally have a working guitar and complete a two years of work!!! and so do 10 other collectors on ebay!!! You wait it out, you’re the leading bidder!!!… then a FLURY of snipes come in at the last 7 seconds and you are out-bid by $500 !!! AAARGH!!! Its a maddening hobby at times.

Right about that time I started migrating from newsgroups to www forums. I needed a screen name for those guitar related forums and picked this one. 5150 is the universal police code number for insanity. hence the ID.

I’ve just stuck with this name ever since. You can find my footprints all over the www using this ID. I think there are others using this ID though. So in short, its a guitar thing.

I always thought yours was a tennis thing…

I have had just the same Bandit 1200S, and that is why my forumname on some Belgian forums is still “Black B@ndit”.
That black Bandit was the fastest “sprinter” of the motorcycle club, no one could beat me in the stoplight sprints (not even a Honda VTR SP2 could get faster to the next lights).

For this forum it is “Hobbyfotograaf”, because taking photos is my hobby (and i don’t have motorcycle anymore).

borrowed it from a character of a hungarian novel.

I absolutely love that bike it has gone through a complete evolution since I bought it new on 98 from a stock street bike to a full blown drag bike back to a sport touring machine. It has to many modifications to list, dynos 123 hp and 89 ft lb of torque. I have videos of it running 10.8 at 129 mph in the quarter mile and I will never sell it. I love that’s its air cooled and has so much torque it’s unbelievably fun to ride my favorite thing about it is the short wheelbase, super sticky tires and modified suspension that is perfectly dialed in for me.

[quote=E1320]

[quote=Hobbyfotograaf]

The only modifications i have made were a K&N airfilter, and bigger intake-holes in the airbox. It is the same as the box on the Bandit 600, and it had a rubber hose with a very small diameter (for a 1200cc) to let the air in. The same problem was on the exhoust system, with another exhoust it gained about 10hp.
It is the GSXR 1100 engine, built to produce about 145hp, and it should be very easy to get the same power (even more) out of that engine.
I have bougt it new, and sold it after 132.000km, never had any problems.

[quote=Hobbyfotograaf]

[quote=E1320]

I ditched the airbox and added K&N pod filters, a Yosh 4 into 2 into 1 pipe, 92GSXR11 cams, timing advancer, Barnett clutch, geared it down 1 tooth in the front and a GSXR11 rear shock which is not installed in the picture. The Corbin seat and the suspension mods make it an all day comfort bike. I have a taller windscreen and some saddlebags for long trips also.

[quote=JohnnyMac]

Ok. That very well could be the case. I see your observation…………that dog’s expression is a little disturbing LOL But I just LOVE it! I have never seen a dog make a facial expression. Almond Rocha LOL
Keith

I thought cone was your last name HaHa.

Keith

I thought it was kramer of seinfeld fame. These are some interesting revelations. I’ve used mine over ten yr.

Keith

[quote=E1320]

[quote=Hobbyfotograaf]

That bike is frightening. I rode in the 70’s & a little old lady almost killed me so I had a revelation……………sold the bike. It was a 73 Honda 350 on/off road (mostly off). I painted a Hyabusa for a guy & he totaled it 3 days later. Smashed into the back of a stopped pickup.

Keith

LOL, it sure seems like it sometimes, even in RL. I bet there are some people who personally know me that think my parent’s must have a twisted sense of humor for naming me that.

[quote=budynabuick]

[quote=E1320]

I have been riding dirt bikes since I was ten, but street riding is inherently dangerous that’s why I go to the track when I want to go fast. The only time that bike gets scary is when you are trying to pass on the highway and the front end unexpectedly comes up it’s really bad with a passenger it will go straight up at 80mph in 3rd when it hits the power band.

A good friend and former work colleague of mine is a big Simpsons fan, his favourit character being Krusty,
now Krusty greets everybody with a `HEY HEY` :), and so does my friend,
my surname is Henderson, nickname being `Hendo`,
i always laugh like crazy when my friend greets me with a loud
……… `HEY HEY,… ITS HENDO!!` :slight_smile:

Explanation no. 1
My neurosurgeon told me I had a Very Active Synapse. I didn’t know if this was good or bad but it sounded impressive. From that day on, I decided I wanted to be known as vas.

Explanation no. 2
My name is Vasos.

Feel free to choose the explanation you like better.

I like the vas deferens reference better lol

Well…… their ain’t No Bones In A Hot Dog. At least that was what an older gentleman that I worked with, had great laughs with, and highly respected once said. I take it in honor of him even though it is a little cheesey. Great guy, Great Laughs………….Great Name?

A tribute to my two loves:

1) Sharp - I got my first knife before I was born. A Tree Brand Boker canoe. Since then I’ve bought a few hundred and forged a couple of dozen as well.

2) Thangs - I’ve loved the Blues almost as long as I’ve loved knives and this is ripped from SRV’s cover of “Things I Used To Do”. The album jacket says Things, but he never says anything other than Thangs.