How do I get this cheapie ozark trails rechargeable apart?

Just started to tinker and figured it would be much smarter starting off on garbage lights than my surefire

The light is a single cell rechargeable from a wall wart

I can disassemble it as far as shown in the pic’s. At that point there is about I can unscrew the tube about a half a turn, that’s it.

I cannot remove the battery, if I put pressure on the battery I can see the charging port moving

Those two holes in the pill make it look like a screw in pill.

Use needlenose pliers opened to fit the 2 dimples in the retaining ring shown in your photo. Unscrew it and everything should come out of the head end of the light.

Yeah and if it does not budge you probably have to unscrew the wrong way (right)

Any luck? It’s possible that the threads were glued to maintain the alighnmet of the port in which case you might need to apply hot/cold cycles and break the adhesion. Usually it’s the tail cap switch retainer that has left hand thread and pills are right hand thread.

LOL keltex, that is usually what the outcome would be

I’ve done that exact thing when working on car engines trying to get screws and bolts in place. Usually it caused the engine to rethink things and things went well afterwards. Felt like doing that with small gun parts too, especially revolvers with their myriad of small parts and springs, but always thought better of it before doing so :slight_smile: