How do you cope with long waits after ordering something?

I recently bought my STL V2 off aliexpress and it’s already been a week.
Personally I researched it a ton before I bought it and I’m pulling my hair out.
Beamshots to me are so interesting to me, whenever I’m down I just whip out my phone, and look at some of my beamshots and it makes me happy again. Just looking at the illuminated darkness gives me a weird sense of satisfaction.

So I’ve seen some other beamshots of the STL V2 and right now I am dying to take some of my own for comparison’s sake. If it doesn’t arrive within this week I think I’m going to go crazy.

So how does everyone else cope? Or are you like me and you can’t cope, you just huddle into a ball in the corner wishing time went by faster.

Order more stuff.

As fnsooner says, Order more stuff! The shipping to Australia often takes a while, so whilst waiting do more research, buy more stuff … And if you keep repeating this pattern you’ll have a endless cycle of shopping and receiving stuff in the mail! Then you’ll be broke, loose you job and your house, and have to sell all the crap that you’ve been buying!!

Indulge yourself in your other hobbies.
Put in OT at work.
Pay more attention to the wife/girlfriend/kids.
Fix things that you have been procrastinating.
Boys night out - Couples night out - Family night out.
Checkup on your parents - Take them to dinner.
Do things to get/keep in shape.
Surprise your enemy - Make peace with them.
Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a long time.
Clean house/dump old paperwork/throw out old expired medication.
Calculate monthly expenses - Know where you stand - Start a spreadsheet.
Detail your ride inside and out.

not easily

Agreed. Order more stuff for sure. Then, after a while…your stuff starts showing up on a weekly basis. I receive packages with neat things that I forgot I ordered whilst curled up in a ball in the corner going crazy for things I remember I ordered. Yes, ordering one item and waiting the entire duration of the shipping time sucks. I hate an empty mailbox. Today, the mailman came, went, and left nothing. I went and checked again an hour later just in case the second mailman might have come. There is no second mailman. We are sick folks. Feed the addiction. It is your only choice now. :slight_smile:

instead of wasting time by waiting for the shipments to arrive i prefer to waste time by watching Olympics sillies. this way i forget about the waiting because my mind is kept busy

;)

I spend more and go thru Lighthound or Shiningbeam, but I’m in the USA, so that doesn’t help you much down under.
Oh yeah, Tmart, because they now have a USA warehouse.

Parts for moding and lots of them as they do not always work. (I seem to have a knack at blowing parts up).

Yeah , order more stuff !

I don’t receive anything within a month, I have 28 sent orders but my local postal service is in something like a strike since a month ago ¬¬
That’s makes me really angry, anything can be worse than this!
http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/publications/notices/2012/20120803a/index.htm

This .

Or this -

That’s exactly what I do. I place one or two orders a week.
Now I have developped some kind of “checkthemailbox-o-mania” which overcomes me daily, when I reach home after work.
On the door step, sometimes even before I say hello, I shout: “Did you already check the mailbox today darling?”

Please, Don’t whine about how-long-does-my-shipping-takes-to-arrive.
Sounds rude?

Let me explain…

I live in Italy and thanks to our beloved Customs and their obscure burocracy, we have to wait for them sslloooowwlllyy checking value and content of any imported packages for Vat and import duties, add to this our worldwide-famous postal service delivery (many ebay sellers refuse to sell to Italy because of excessive amounts of claims/delays/lost packages) means I’m really really lucky if I receive an ordered item in 3 weeks free from duties (very small/low-value items), but usually it takes something between 4 to 6 weeks just to receive in my mailbox an envelope from the Customs service, which says that the declared value on the package papers just does not seems “appropriate” to them, so I have to provide them copies of my original order plus paypal or bank receipt from which they can retrieve the real price, failure to comply to this will results in duties to be applied using their “calculated” value, which usually is like 4-5 times the real price. Obviously I have to send also copy of my ID card and other personal documents, and I have to send all this by fax or by priority envelope, because still in 2012 they don’t use e-mail….
After sending by fax all requested documents, usually in a couple more weeks the package can finally clear the custom, and in another week or so, if not lost somewhere in the meantime, I receive in the mailbox the small card saying the postman passed for delivery but nobody was present. I know for sure they leave that card straight on without ever dealing with a real delivery, because this way is much easier for them…
So after 2 more days I have to go to the main post office (the main city one, not the local) and finally, after paying duties, I can get my package.

Now, you living anywhere else in the world, are you still whining?!?

:Sp

omg

:D

I read about all the other things I could have ordered. Welcome new members. Research another idea. Watch utube videos. And pine

Vodka

Rockspider, you poor, poor man. I will never again complain about the USPS. China Post I'll bitch about endlessly, but not USPS.

To the OP. Order little things regularly. It helps to dull the pain between receipts of the things you really want. And like Troop, I would rather pay a few bucks more for domestic supplied items.

I only order stateside. Ain’t got no time too wait. Seems I have been waiting ALL my life & I’m tarred of it!

Keith

Strangely , my recent experiences has been exactly the opposite.
China Post has taken far less time to get my package to U.S soil , than USPS has to get them to my hands.
3 of my recent orders have sat in NY for 8 days and then another 4 to my hands.
I was neither pleased nor amused with them… !!! J)

Re-sellers that take more than 5 working days to get my order
to post, displeases me even more.
Some have even made my NTFA list , regardless of how good the deal.
And for the record it takes A LOT to get on that list.
Of course lying to me , is a guaranteed way to get on that list. J)

I’d much rather buy a domestically supplied item and do so at every opportunity !
Sadly the variety of items available are rather limited.