How low ? How often? How come?

I have programmed my Zebralight H53Fc headlamp to have the lowest output options:
Click: 0.01 / 0.06
Doubleclick: 0.26 / 1.0
Hold: 3.4 / 10

I do a lot of photography at night, and use the headlamp for setting up my equipment, but also when walking around. I rarely need the two highest levels.
Low level lighting also allows me to use it without ruining other people’s shots, and dark adaptation.

I have multiple lights with Tritium vials as well as the lighted switch of my Q8 that serves as a “nightlight”. My son has a nightlight on in his room and there’s one in the bathroom as well. No real reason for me to use a flashlight at all unless I’m checking out a noise or the dog barking. I Do try not to wake up anybody, but it’s a priority thing.

And not flushing the toilet at night is unacceptable. Gross even. And if I didn’t feel that way I’d probably have to sleep outside with the dog, my wife is a nurse and , well, 5’ tall left handed nurses can be quite demonstrative… this one can be anyway! She’s from Mississippi, which may not mean much to some but other’s will certainly understand… way deep South small town Mississippi… she’s been referred to as a Spitfire on more than one occasion. :wink: All this to say I’d much rather wake her up flushing the toilet than face what would almost certainly happen if I didn’t. And for what it’s worth, if/when SHE needs a flashlight in the middle of the night she has no qualms at all cranking a 2D Maglite fitted with an MT-G2 to full power. No shielding the reflector from her, no way… it is what it is. :person_facepalming:

LOL, My wife just flips a switch.

Uh, I get it and okay. No nightlights? No toilet flushing? Wow! Maybe you don’t have or ever had little kids!

Reasons to justify us having so many flashlights and that’s cool. I was just wondering why so many here state time after time that they want sublumen modes for trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and that’s why I asked if folks keep their houses that dark after bedtime?

Whatever you want to do with your lights is your business. I just can’t imagine that so many here live in such dark houses and especially with children! Do they have flashlights that you give them with a sublumen mode to get them to the bathroom in your completely dark houses?

:+1:

How long? Nearly 300 hours on a AAA alkileak.

That’s a long time, thanks for the test.