How often do you kill spammer posts?

Please don't assume I'm offended. I merely stated that your post was not accurate.

You're question is silly. How would I know if such a thing was happening? All that matters to me is that SB has a record of every SPAM button click. I trust him to handle abusers appropriately. For me that was end of story.

Do you really want to start rehashing all of this again? If so, why?

Someone else raised your auto banning.
I put that into some perspective.
You split hairs over the statement of blank v unfinished posts.

Its a thread, its all up there to read, last 9 or 10 posts starting with a newbie post (post 143). No I didnt want to bring it up, and I didnt. I merely addressed its situation after it was brought up.

I'll take that as agreement that we should let sleeping dogs lie.

Hi there, I can’t seem to find any posts of yours that have been removed by SPAM clicks. When that happens, they are not deleted, just hidden from the public but still visible to me. So, in the case of your first post, someone in their written comment unfortunately asked/accused you of being a spammer. That hurts, and I’m sorry it happened to you here.

As for the issue of a legitimate member being banned by spam clicks, it is still an exceedingly rare occurrence, but that’s doesn’t mean that it’s not a major insult for the person it happened to. I probably should implement a check against the amount of time and posts that the user has. The thing is, the system was implemented when spammers were really overrunning our forum, and since they were still “coming out the woodworks” so to speak, I figured that even some old accounts with lots of posts could still be spammers. Now that spam is under control, I’ll see what I can do to tweak the system a bit more.

thanks for the concern man, i guess you really value members here (new or old)

I just wonder if people will doubt me less if I
post a link for popular brands like foursevens
or fenix.

I guess a link for a never before seen flashlight
in a chinese site is more fishy? but at least it
is not some fleshlight or dogfood.

by the way, how do you categorize a post as
spam? can flashlight links be spam or nonflashlight
links are spam?

I guess some of our older users have just been burned by some astute spammers who come to BLF posing as users with questions about a product. So I don’t think it matters whether it’s a link to an expensive brand or a budget brand; they (we) just simply make mistakes sometimes.

With that being said, I created BLF principally out of my frustration with other flashlight sites that prohibited posting links, and we had to refer to specific products as “SKU #4653 on DX”. So as long as the user is asking a legitimate question and is not a spammer, posting links is actually encouraged here.

As for what constitutes spam, this thread might help: [08-Mar-2012] New SPAM mitigation scheme in place

As I recall I have only hit the spam button twice and the last one was for a totally non thread related link inserted for an employment related site by some jerkoff. Something has to be pretty blatant for me to hit the spam button. After all this is the internet and even though I think that some opinions are pretty dumb I remember the comparison between opinions and a—holes, everyone has one!

What tends to bug me more are posts from people in English speaking countries which prove that they are barely literate in their native language. They illustrate just how bad our schools have become. When foreigners do a better job posting in English than native speakers do there is something wrong.

I am quite enjoying my mod status on other forums, there I can silence them, edit their ppostsin an amusing way and leave them like a carcass hanging from the state line as a warning to other would be spammers, it amuses me I have to admit.

Btw, it would be nice if it was possible to actually KILL spammers… hm… anyone got contacts in the NSA? CIA? Indefinite holding would also work,

Fun killing the Kitchen Spammer … Crazy

I smoked all the kitchen spam too. It sure felt great! Crazy

. . . so then he added the mark as spam button. After a few of us hit it then it automatically goes away.

It looks like Marie might actually HAVE a dress shop, and came here for help to pick the correct LED’s to light her product. Looking for advice and help setting up her store perhaps? Also looks like she included links so that we could see what she is doing and offer wise advice.

And got kicked in the face. So much for the friendliest forum on earth

I can’t even remember finding spam here… actually now that I think of it: I do recall hitting the SPAM button once. How are you guys finding it? Do they create a new thread, or do they jump in on existing ones all the time? I guess I’m lucky all my posts don’t get whacked….

Killed a fashion-based spammer just now. My apologies to toykeeper and Chloe and any of the other ladies around who might want handbags. Or any of the fellas who like them as well.

I wonder if we get repeat spammers since they have to go through all the account setup effort for about 1 minute of existence here. Seems like a lost cause to me.

I try to get ‘em when I can, impale the spammers I say! or is that a spam kebab?

Killed 3 today already!

I zapped them too...morons.

That’s six tonight so far.
It’s a good job the old spam cannon doesn’t run out of rounds. Wink

3 more tonight got the spam hammer. they are outta’ control.

Pitched that coin in the air and ZAP gone! I guess it is fun but I don’t see them very often.

A button that not only kills the spam post but also vaporizes the spammer would be nice… Crazy Hmmm… a worldwide network of drones loaded with spammer seeking missiles. Click… wooosh… BAM!

I’m enjoying killing the posts by salespersons from Chinese companies. Sign up and advertise using a link never to be seen again. KILL KILL KILL!!!

Kill spam. All. The. Time.

And the best of all:

Imagine what these fools could achieve if they placed their time and effort into legitimate avenues of promoting their business.

Ha, ha, ha

To late, the dog has been stirred and won't go back to sleep.

Such tough bad asses. You're true solders on a mission for the righteous pounding your little spammy buttons with free abandon.

It's so easy to hurt others when you don't feel pain.

I see now why my attempts to get the abusers in the bunch under control got a few of you so excited. Your freedom without consequence was threatened.

By the way, was it some of you all that made new member czech_guy disappear? Class act that. A chance to reach across the divide and show we don't hate the world and actually first really listen to others that feel hurt by our words, actions. etc. Certainly, some harsh, ugly words were said that hurt others and we should have been prepared for some hard questions.

click, click, click

You all are very fast. I saw a German language one and by the time I could get back to it after I opened a few other threads in tabs, all I got was the sorry page. Nice work! guten nacht spammer.

Just got a polo shirt one, that’s new. It’s been a while for me, so good work everyone. Merry Christmas!

I remember polo shirts, didn’t they dies sometime after Members Only Jackets? Am I just drunk or did Chevy Chase wear both in the first Vacation movie?

Just helped kill 2 nonsensical “Jacket” posts from folks with post count of 1.

As always, many thanks to our ever-vigilant spam sharpshooters!

Anybody know where I can get some paisley handbags? J) They seem to be in short supply around here…

@Texaspyro - maybe that’s where all our long lost members went of to.

I just got a jacket one now too, at least they’re following seasonal trends.

Many times I see this after clicking mark as spam, you guys really fast :smiley:

Sorry
This page is no longer available, or maybe you need to login first.

Just got a British kitchen one. It’s been a while. Good work, as always, team BLF!

Yeah I just killed it with my mark I think

Go Team Venture! :)