How Powerful is the COAST HP14 LED Flashlight? Could it be Dangerous?

Hi, is this (COAST HP14) a regular LED flashlight or is it very powerful/bright? It requires 4 AA batteries. Specs online: highest setting is 629 Lumens and 813 feet distance and on its low setting it is 52 Lumens and 219 feet beam distance. There are different modes; high, low, blinking and the beam spot is adjustable.
For 1 week, I shined this on my skin close up (about an inch away) moving around for several minutes on & off for multiple different days creating video content. Some of those days maybe 3-5 minutes and a few days for longer, maybe 10-15 minutes total close up. I think I remember feeling a little bit of heat, would that be from the visible light or the actual LED working, and Is this dangerous to shine on skin close? After that week, I never did it again.
Recently I read that Visible light can cause skin aging similar in the way UVA does but only if it is high/intense amounts of visible light (not low amounts from phones or computers). That made me worried. I don’t know the power or mw/cm2 of this, but it says online that flashlights are usually made from blue light. So I thought I’d ask here to see how powerful this LED flashlight is or LED flashlights in general?

1 Thank

It’s nice to see you, zooming!
629 lumens is moderately powerful.
Most of my flashlights are more powerful than that, but I tend to go for 1x18650 or 1x21700 flashlights.
I don’t think that a regular flashlight (like yours or mine) would cause very much, if any, skin aging.
An ultraviolet flashlight would be much more dangerous, especially for your eyes.
It’s normal for a flashlight to cause heat like that.

1 Thank

Coast/Led Lenser are consumer light as opposed enthusiast lights. Although they are excellent lights, would not worry too much about overheating.