how to charge one bike battery pack ?

i have one bike light with 3led and extern (cheap)battery pack dc5.5 4x18650. / 8.4 v

what is the best way to loadup these batteries for long live ?

you know them: http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/8-4V-4400MAH-18650-Li-ion-Protected-Rechargeable-Battery-For-Bike-Light-4-Pack-/181268935692?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=item2a3478740c

the cheap charger so one: AC 100-240V Input DC 8.4V 1A Output AC to DC Travel Power Adapter Power Charger | eBay

are there charger with better quality for load battery pack 8’4v ?

greets

On these bike packs you have a protection/charging circuit which will prevent that something goes wrong…and then they are charged with a normal wall wart….
I am always suspicious about these bike lights but it seems to work in the most cases….not sure how they work in detail and if they are reliable but again that is the standard bikebatterypack style and so I guess it will work okay.

The normal state of the art charging of lithium rechargeable cells is to charge them with a charger with balancing and cc/cv algorithm. So constant current until specific point and then constant voltage until 4.2V. balancing means that every cell(or parallel cells) gets monitored and charged separately in the cv period so that every cell has 4.2V. For this style you need all battery contacts come out of a pack and a hobbycharger or similar.

As I guess you are not concerned about safety or willing to invest in different equipment or ruining your current pack with disassembling, then standard hints for batteries are:
Try to use them most of the time between 40-80% of their capacity, if longer not in use store them half discharged and store them inside most of the time…and try to charge them not unattended.
Or this:15$ is not so much anyway for a battery pack so who cares.

I recently bought a new batterypack for my MJ 816 because the capacity of the 3 year old batterrypack was getting too low.
I took the Original batterypack apart, there was a charging circuit, and all the 1865 cells were protected.

With these protections i think the batterypack was pretty safe to use.

Now i have a 6 x 18650 batterypack, but the capacity is lower than the Original from Magicshine.
With the Original Magicshine i could drive 5 times to work in the dark, the 6 cell batterypack is at 25% after only 4 days.

This is the new 6 cell battery with charger: http://dx.com/p/water-resistant-rechargeable-8-in-1-18650-battery-pack-for-bicycle-light-black-238274
But i do not recommend it because the capacity is too low for 6 x 18650 cells.

http://dx.com/p/pannovo-b-c04-water-resistant-4-x-18650-battery-pack-case-for-bike-lamp-black-254957

i have buy that first 4 batteries load on the soshine H2 charcher i think best capacity then.
i don’t know but i think? if that charger have

balancing and cc/cv algorithm ?

Just take the batteries out of the pack, and use a charger like this one http://dx.com/p/universal-intelligent-4-slot-rechargeable-battery-charger-2-flat-pin-plug-100-240v-156756
I have the Nitecore Intellicharger, and it is very good (but i can not use it for my bike-batterypack).

This case would be optimal. Which batteries do you have for it?
Do protected batteries fit in the case?
Has your lamp a low voltage protection?

Don’t buy the soshine h2, take a look at the review here

Banggood.com has a lot of nice and cheap brand Batteries, don’t buy any fire batteries as they are almost always bad.

The BLF coupon code gives additional 8% on banggood

I4 pro for 21$

some example unprotected cells…
Good Samsung cell for less than 5$ Not so much capacity but lots of cycles

Panasonic ncr18650pf 2900mAh 7.20$

If protected cells fit, you should consider them for extra safety
Sanyo 2400mAh with lots of cycles for 12$ a pair

Panasonics ncrbs are the cells with the highest capacity, these are cheaper at wallbuys.com
Ncrbs for 15$ a pair

sh*t sh*t i have one soshine h2 couple weeks :*

better buy one nitecore or xtar vp1 ?

where one real xtar vp1 for good prices ?

yes,the time of cheap batteries =closed ,for me alone the good brand ,i have Panasonic protection 3400

thanx all for respons and learn every day more.

Check hkjs review

Seems decent

jetbeam i4 pro ,nitecore i4 …… xtar vp1 ? euh

i have buy the i4 pro with blf coupon bg

price/quality 4x load and not to much fikfak that can broken :exmark:

greets and thanx for advice