How to or where to find “Soft On” LED strip?

Hi everyone, I’ve seen another led system on a car that looks great and now, I’m going to try and replicate it.

This is the video/led strip in question.
It is the strip along the spoiler of the car.

The strip looks to be only 2 colors, red and yellow. It also looks like it turns on when the car is unlocked with a “soft on” setting. (Slowly turns on from the center to the edge)

I have found some generic “brake light strips” on Amazon.
VGETTING LED Third Brake Light Strip, 40 Inch 5 Function Universal Car High Mount Brake Light Bar Red Sequential Led Strip for Car,Truck,SUV,Jeep,VAN,Bus,Cargo DC12V Amazon.com

LED Third Brake Light Strip Bar 40Inch 5 Function Sequential Turn Signals Brake Running Double Flash Flexible High Mount Stop Light for Jeep Pickup Truck VAN RV SUV Bus Cargo DC12V (Brake 10W-100) Amazon.com

The second link shows that the signals work in a sequential fashion.

I’m not interested in the sequential turn signals.(for now, the strip looks like it may work for another project that I hope you all can help with later)

Looking at other videos of the spoiler, it looks like the led strip is a daytime
Light when the car is on.

I have some ideas where I could possibly get the strip to work similar to the video, but not exactly like it.

Im asking if anyone knows of an led strip similar to the one showed in the video or if the settings in the led strip control box can somehow be changed.

Thank you.

The controller for that LED strip is probably proprietary (i.e., only sold by the manufacturer) of the strip. I haven’t come across one that starts at zero and goes to full on and stays there but simple, cheap controllers that change intensity from zero to full and then back to zero in cycles are common. I’m not very impressed by the sequential brake light strips because they use the cheapest, least bright LEDs (SMD 3528). There are a whole series of LED sizes and shapes that are way brighter (5050, 5630) and more efficient.

If you want even coverage I’d suggest the new flexible chip-on-board (COB) LED tape. It’s more expensive but works on a cheap controller and the 12V rating matches the voltage for your car. If you can find something like this LED Light Strip 2.7mm Width 12V Narrow COB Hight Brightness Tape Lights Red | eBay with an IP65 waterproof rating it would be usable on a car.

Thanks for the link and reply.
The strip you linked does look slimmer and sleeker.

Where could I find the controller I need?
I would be fine with the sequential brake light not being sequential when braking, just having it be sequential upon unlocking the car.