How to sell flashlights through the mail?

CRC2…. Hang in there. Use your lights. Enjoy them. Do not worry about things that really make no difference.
Put a battery in the lights & use them.
These things are not Nitroglycerin, you already know more than enough to NOT blow yourself up.
Don’t Worry, Be Happy!

This isnt something im doing.

…But I wanted them.

So I can use a hand saw to cut a computer in half. That doesnt mean I know anything about diagnosing a computers issues.
Other than, “its in two pieces. Thats probably the problem.”

The glitch happens regardless of how fast or slow I go. It also happens with memory mode. Ill turn the light off in a certain mode, but it will come back on in the wrong mode. Sometimes. With no rhyme or reason.

I cleaned the hell out of it before reassembling it. No metal filings inside at all. Every contact point was cleaned with alcohol.

I had these issues right out of the box. I have removed and replaced and cleaned the switches many times now. I have both the original, and the blue lighted switch. Nothing ever changes.
It will work normal for a little while, and ill start to think the problem is gone, but then its just back again out of nowhere.

Ok… then put the batteries you have into the lights you have and use them. Enjoy them & try to stop obsessing over every little detail.

Also go to Battery University and read.

Start at the beginning and read it one page at a time. Read each page until you understand it before going to the next page.

Many of us have done this. IF you do it, I think you will begin to understand more than you do now.

You can do it CRC2!!!

If you’re that concerned about battery safety, from now on just buy flashlights that run on AA or AAA cells.

The behavior in the video of the light occasionally skipping a level is not a symptom of a safety problem, but it likely indicates a finicky switch. That can be an irritation but that doesn’t mean the light is in any way dangerous because of it.

Wow, that escalated pretty quickly…

There are plenty of good AA lights out there. Eg, my Quark 2AAX takes 2 AAs, goes through the usual l/m/h, but the head twists and goes to turbo instantly. Forgot offhand, but think it’s 500 lemons with fresh alkaleaks. Nothing wrong with those. More modern lights have the same-ish performance, but cheaper. No twist-to-turbo, as I think someone sued Quark over that.

If you’re absolutely married to the idea of getting rid of what you have, list everything in the bundle, and have an “auction”, whether public (here) or private (via PMs). One bundle, one shipment, done.

Beware, though, as you might get seller’s remorse shortly after.

Well, I really dont care for AA and AAA flashlights. Or anything that uses those batteries really.

I cant know that though.
For all I know, it could be anything from nothing to be concerned about, to outright dangerous.
It could be that the faulty switch causes a short, and then thermal runaway of the cell?

Honsetly, Im less concerned about fire and explosion, as I am about just bricking a light or cell and not understanding why it has stopped working.
My biggest issue I think, is the finacial risk. I cant afford to be destroying anything. (however un-eventful that destruction may be.)

I hurts enough just to get a light that completely satifies and lives up to my expectations.
Its a whole nother thing to have suffered for nothing.

Indeed, on a recent real life “field test” it appears my Crelant V4A (4 x AA) may out throw my Nitecore P30.

Yeh, and I got The Cave Man that does 4/8 AAs that throws like Hell, too. That’s my backup shtf light if all I gots is AAs.

What were the tomato-paste-can lights that took 4×AA? Weren’t they the TK4A / TN4A / SPsomething?

Those were pretty good throwers, and threw ~1000 lemons, too.

Ain’t familiar with the Crelant, though. Sounds intriguing…

The actual packaging and shipping is the easiest part of online selling.

Don’t forget the Jetbeam SRA40. Att. Selbuilt called it throwking in it’s (3AA/4AA) class.

Ah, the holy grail of flashlights. Welcome to the club.

I forget where i got mine, its direct drive so not constant brightness.
I was actually wanting to replace it but it came in handy recently where me and a buddy had to check stuff out in a dark field.
It turns out 600m of throw sounds like a lot but it easy to exhaust.
I might need to invest in a much throwier light, i did have a look at Parametrek and compare the throwiest ones but the prices get up there, and LEPs are way up there in price.

But going back to 4AA, its now a rare form factor :frowning:

May I ask “why”?
As has already been mentioned by several people, there are some great AA & AAA lights out there.
I personally have several & love them.

I dont even know where to begin really. I hate them so much.
Theyre just pretty much useless and unreliable.
You’ll probably disagree.

The only AA’s/AAA’s in my life are in my PC keyboard and mouse.
Would love to be able to eliminate those too, but im not going wired.

CRC2…. You have been told, by several people who know I might add; that the behavior of your light in the video IS NOT a safety issue. Why do you refuse to believe them?
You don’t know, you ask people who do know, they answer, yet you refuse to trust them. Why is this CRC2??
Seriously, think about that.
It appears your mind is made up before you ask & nothing said will change it.

As far as your concern about “bricking” a light, is that honestly a main concern?
You were about to throw your lights in the trash or give them away two days ago. And you said you can’t sell them.
So what difference would it make if you happened to “brick” one? And that is very unlikely anyway?

Seriously CRC2, do your best to stop obsessing over things. You have said many times how much you like flashlights, but a battery in them & enjoy using them!
You have already modified them in ways that suit you, enjoy them.

I was explaining what my reasoning was before I had any answers.
Just reiterating where I was coming from before I had anyone tell me anything.

Yep, you’re right; I personally disagree totally.

Have you ever heard of Eneloop batteries??
They are the greatest thing since sliced bread. You are missing out if you have never tried them.

You may disagree, but if you have never used Eneloops you have no idea how great they are.
In other words, you are missing out; to say it again.

Its two completely different situations.

When im in the hopful persiut of flashlights and my money ends up wasted… That really sucks.

Its a whole other thing to accept my losses up to this poinbt, and just stop the pursuit and no more future losses to be had.

I tried checking out enloops a while back.

Turned out to be a whole big headache about finding the “real” ones, and all the Amazon links I was sharing, people kept saying they were fakes or this or that. So I just stopped caring.

All I need is one AA for my mouse. And two AAA’s for my keyboard. I get these at the dollar store as needed.

Ok, great! So your concerns about “safety” are resolved.
So now you can load the lights with batteries and use them… right??