HT70-Lesson Learned-GRATEFUL FOR END RESULT

Years ago I learned the lesson … “I must stay away from Banggood the Cave of the Tricksters.”

I want to thank DB Custom for fixing my light. He absolutely improved it. He fixed the shoddy work and replaced the 4 X SST-70 with Four brand new SST-70 that are a higher bin.He got 13,200 Lumens with 4 X BT 30Q charged to 85% capacity.With Eight fully charged 30Q BT the output will no doubt be higher. :smiley:

He got the light today and already fixed it! :+1:

Here are some of his photos:

Like Dale said, looks like they got some shears to beautify these MCPCB’s

Feeble distribution of thermal paste.

Burnt LED

FOUR BRAND NEW SST-70 , Higher bin

HACKLITE :person_facepalming:

Good grief. This reminds me of some of those old school $19.99 Skyray King clones from many years ago; just terrible workmanship.

I think they had a worker “modify” their original light to use these emitters, the Luminus SST-70 which is new. Easy to miss a trick doing quads, it is what it is.

Dale got 16,200 lumens at TURN ON with 8 X Samsung 25S! :+1:

The improvements were:

-Bypasses

-Thicker gauge wires[20 gauge instead of stock 18 gauge]

–4 X SST-70 are Two bins higher

- Replacing Vishay-Dale SIR800DP MOSFET with Infineon MOSFET.

- Added more thermal paste

Hope I did not miss anything.

I am sure I will be very happy with it. :smiley:

Wow. Impressive.
I hope the manufacturer is capable of taking a clue from this kind of improvement.

I've been of the opinion that paypal has just set itself up as an insurance policy ..Why chase anyones money when you can just pay them off or force people into odd positions where they will just quit and go away .

i'm kind of surprised that you can't send a light back for 30$ . seems like a lot of money for shipping .

It is a lot of money.

Paypal required me to pay for return shipping with the following conditions

1. Must have tracking

2. Must have insurance.

Flat rate medium box for $77.50 is the Only way to accommodate that. Slow boat to China method for around $48 would not meet those conditions[Guaranteed tracking]

Honestly, I would have never sent it back even if BG paid[as they should have] for return shipping. Who knows how long it would have taken and what the light would have been like. [see Dales photos of shoddy work]

In the end I am grateful that Dale fixed and Improved it. It is now worth the aggravation and frustration I felt from the day I got the light when it failed in less than two minutes of use!

I wonder if telling Paypal about the cost to ship back at the very first and why Hacklite should pay you the $77 into your paypal account or give you a shipping label first would make a difference. Chinese shipping into the US use to be free because taxpayers in the US picked up the cost, I thought that was going to get fixed with the first trade agreement. Interesting. Anyway, thank you for sharing your story.

Dale - DB Custom: YOU D A MAN!!!

Yes, absolutely I told PayPal that from the very beginning. They did not care and sided with BG.

I was close to and still may close my PP Account of 15 years. My bank has never failed me in disputes and has resolved most claims much faster.

I forgot to add this.I mentioned Dale got 16,200 lumens at turn on with 8 X Samsung 25S.

He also got 333Kcd [Turn On] and 253Kcd[ANSI-30 Seconds]

It should have better throw numbers… the centering rings are rather thick and clunky and there is a dark shadow in the center of an otherwise fairly tight hot spot. I aim to look into the relationship between the emitters and reflector and see if that dark center can be improved upon or removed entirely… if so the lux should improve.

Thanks. That would be awesome if you could eliminate those dark shadows in the hot spot or improve upon it.

Glad it worked out... what shitty quality on the original led's! Looks like some third world jury-rig.

Think this is one mfr. I'll avoid.

Got the light back today after Dale Fixed/Modded it.

A few beam shots on max. It works great,but I can not believe how hot it gets! I can only use it for about 90 seconds on max . It was 50F out tonight.