Huge half off sale at DealExtreme!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

It’s not your fault :slight_smile:

I’m guilty & you’r correct, but I probably will not change after all these years.

Bob, what assho**s!! 40000 my ass, all I see is a hand full of sold out junk.

Explanation to the Complaint of 50%OFF Promotion

Dear Guests,

Please allow us to sincerely apologize to all of you who didn’t catch the chance to simply place an order before all the items run out of stock due to the unprecedented discount and limited quantities.

Don’t let this promotion upset you! We promise that similar promotions will come one after another. Please stay tuned and please act faster next time because probably you were just a few seconds slower that others!

Sincerely
DX Team

oooh… i snoozed and i missed the 50% off sale… woo hoo…

Honestly that’s exactly what I thought 95% of the items would be. That’s what usually happens at 50% off sales unless its black fri or something. So I stayed a way from the sale. Glad I didn’t miss much. Hopefully y’all get ur stuff quick.

Shoot, I’ll take an ipad for two fitty, a gopro for $150, a calcutta 700 for $200 or even a fandyfire rook for $20 (which i jumped on real quick-like!).

NO ! WE DIDN’T MISS ANYTHING.

50% is the real 50% off, rather than increase the price and cut them to get 50% off.

But for 40000+ items, I know its quantity rather than SKU when I first time to see this promotion. I think DX plays a little trick about it, well, I have to say it is common in Chinese online store promotion. If it is really 40000+ different sku, I think it will be a huge loss for DX.

Sandy (and KevinLee), I think it's a cultural thing between East and West.

Here in the Western world when a store advertises a sale and says they have a sale with 200 items on sale it means that there are 200 different items to choose from which will be on sale. To us an "item" is the same as your "sku". What you consider to be "items" we call "pieces".

A store here can advertise a sale with 200 items on sale and have 500 pieces of each item available for purchase. We don't say we have 10,000 items for sale even though we have a total of 10,000 pieces for sale. What we say is that we have 200 items for sale but quantities are limited.

When you advertise a sale having 40,000 items we expect 40,000 different items to be on sale. When we build up an expectation for a huge variety only to find 800 items we can only be disappointed and lied to. Playing your "tricks" to make something seem greater than it really is is false advertising to us and a blatant lie. Keep it up and we will no longer trust you and will no longer do business with you. There is plenty of competition these days for our hard earned money and if you want it you have to earn our business and trust. You have been warned and all other dealers who might be reading this had better take note as well.

hmm, not clear if this is an apology or taking the piss?
Guess my English is not so good after all…

I wanted this radio so bad, but it sold out instantly.

http://dx.com/p/baofeng-1-5-lcd-5w-136-174mhz-400-470mhz-dual-band-walkie-talkie-w-1-led-flashlight-black-129389

I spit on DX for that “apology”. Ripoff smelling from 10 miles away, bad English or not. BOYCOTT.

I really do not understand all the anger.
They made clear before it started that there would only be ~800skus.
It doesn’t take a math genius to figure out there will be only 50 items average per sku and that they will be gone quick.
There was lots of Stuff I didn’t care about, but also really nice deals like the android sticks, tablets, bike lights, bluetooth keyboards, HID light, COB modules and that baofeng tranceiver.
Considering their assortment of goods is usually ~99% rubbish to me, the share of useful items actually was not that bad.
If one is honestly heavily disappointed, he might want to perform a reality check before getting exited about something like that in the future . . .

Well, maybe you are just easily pleased dave. However the rest of us weren’t. :wink:

Marc.

The problem is they had 39.990 ear rings and 10 tablets…

Since I honestly cannot relate to the problem on any level it might be a cultural difference how we look at those things.
:slight_smile:
For me it’s just an offer. If I don’t like it, I don’t take it. No obligation on any side. :wink:

Well, where I come from, we call it “Verarsche”…

I can’t see why. For me they did exactly what they announced. No ‘Verarschung’ involved.

Yeah, but they announced the ultimate uber-event and offered mainly crap. That´s enough to be upset.
Imagine “Media Markt” announcing a big “Riesiger 50%-Rabatt-Aktion” and all you can get is some USB Sticks.

When Media Markt announces anything, I know that they rised their prices the months before. They are proven scammers.

I have only seen this ad from dx
Maybe they had an more promesing ad before? Then I can see how someone gets disappointed.