I am new from Indiana

I am new to the forum from Indiana. I don’t have a big flashlight collection nor an expensive one but I do have some good flashlights because I read reviews from this forum. I have thrunite, nebo, anker, nitecore, foxelli, rovyvon, nicron, olight and sofirn flashlights, plus a couple of generic (maybe sofirn) flashlights.

I didn’t set out to collect flashlights. I started buying them for all my children to use in emergency situations. I wanted to make sure that they had a headlamp and a hand held flashlight. However I found myself becoming more interested in the technical part of the flashlight instead of what it can be used for lol.

After reading some reviews from this forum, I started really digging into the specifics of flashlight and now I’m getting into the batteries and chargers. I realized having a good flashlight doesn’t do me any good if the batteries are not top notch and you have to have a good charger in order to maintain the battery.

I have a liitokala lii-m4s & m4, 2 nitecore and a xtar vc4sl upgraded version.

I love to garden and I collect antiques. I collect mostly farm equipment and I specialize in antique garden equipment but for the right price I will buy just about any antique. Me and my dad are auctioneers and I enjoy going to auctions as well as having them. I save and collect my own garden seeds, both from my garden or others gardens. I love to can our garden produce but I especially love making pickled anything and jams and jelly.

I hope that I can contribute to the forum in some way but right now I have more questions than answers but I expect that to change in the future. I look forward to meeting new people and learning new things.

6 Thanks

Welcome to BLF ToddZiegler1024. Looks like it you are way past first base on your way to full blown flashaholism. I also started buying flashlights for a specific reason. Now I am beyond redemption. You will notice that after a certain time only two questions are relevant. 1=do I want it. 2=can I pay for it.

3 Thanks

Yes that’s where I am right now. I’m looking at several over $60 flashlights that I am interested in right now with the most expensive one being $99.I have several lights that I have put on my want list, now I just have to decide witch one I want. It will be my most expensive light purchase so far. I collect knives too and I remember when I broke the hundred dollar barrier with my purchase of a microtech OTF $225. I swore I would never pay more than a $100 for a knife, now I have 3 over $200.

Welcome!!

1 Thank

Welcome, have fun!

1 Thank

Thanks, I will.

Hey there, great to have you here!

1 Thank

You’re going to love it here, ToddZiegler1024!
If you don’t own a Convoy flashlight yet, I suggest getting one of those.
They offer a lot of bang for your buck, as does Sofirn and Wurkkos, but you already have a Sofirn, and I think Sofirn is the parent company of Wurkkos.

Wurkko is one of the brands on my short list for my next light. I saw the Convoy brand for the first time on here yesterday and I’m researching them right now.

1 Thank

Any place in particular that I should look for Convoy flashlights?

This thread has AliExpress store links.
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/flashlight-manufacturers-and-distributors-on-aliexpress-new-layout/217744
That’s probably the best way to look for Convoy, Sofirn, and Wurrkos flashlights.
(It’s how I look for those flashlights at least.)

1 Thank

Very well said Todd! Welcome to the obsession. :upside_down_face: