I am thrilled by this flashlight: Jacob A60 15usd light. Thank you inside!

I’ll add that up close on a wall the Small Sun C10 will beat the Jacob A60 due to the smaller hotspot at say 6 feet, but when you back off to about 15 feet or so the Jacob A60 has the smaller hotspot. I guess it’s the 55mm reflector starting to kick in is why it out throws the C10.

I dont know, I have to “retest” this Jacob than.

Maybe there was something wrong in my first testing, maybe weak cell or something. I compared it to C8 (both directly driven), and my conclusion was “nothing special”.
Considering somuch of you are talking about it’s good throw, Idefinitely must test it again :o

Can the bulb on this be replaced if it goes poof? I just don’t like to throw out an entire flashlight when it blows :slight_smile:

How long did it take you to get your light Ledsmoke?

Does anyone own most or all the following lights? Im about to drop the hammer on a Jacob…
I need some accurate feedback on the best thrower here

Can’t speak about the MRV clone as I don’t have one.
But I can tell you for certain they easily out throw both
of my UltraFire branded C8’s .
The tint is what I think would be called bright white ( no blue or green tint is seen )

Darkside : ” I’m about to drop the hammer on a Jacob…”

Once you get it ,you will not regret having bought it.
I wish the A60 had been available and (more importantly)
I had know about it when I bought my C8’s.

makes me want a jacob a60 too.
but if its nothing special vs a kd c8 or a keygo’s c8 then ill pass.

Time for beamshots. :P

Time for systematic lux measurements

@ apt323: About 3 weeks from order was placed, give or take a few days.

I don’t own the Smallsun c10 yet but it should be on its way. I hope to get it soon and then compare to the Jacob A60.
I don’t own any C8’s because I find them unattractive. Sorry about that.

One of the reasons I like the Jacob so much is that it so well build and good to handle. Albeit too big for EDC I think it will get some serious use with me. Small enough to sit next to the door and not draw too much attention or get in the way. Cheap enough to get used as a beater light. And when the winter comes I think it will more or less live in my work jacket.

If anyone needs to tighten the switch retaining ring or take apart the tailcap, please note that the retaining ring is reverse threaded i.e. you tighten it down by turning counter-clockwise. That prevents loosening the ring upon unscrewing the tailcap since the anodized threads require tube-to-ring contact. A logical design solution, actually, but it’s often overlooked.

Thanks ledsmoke mines been on order for a month and have not shipped it yet!

Yea you may have a bad one.

Both of my Jacob A60’s will easily beat any XM-L C8 type light I have for throw. It’s not even close.

I’ll try taking some more pictures of the Small Sun C10 just to show those that may have their doubts about the A60 beat the C10. I can assure you though that the A60 easily wins.

I know they’ll beat C8 XMl, thats almost self-understandable.

Im talking about comparison with C8 Q5 (both Jacob and C8 directly driven).

I see. I know the Jacob A60 will smoke my UltraOK Tech gold band Q5 light I bought off ebay that I thought was so bad.

@ apt323: Sorry to hear about that. Seems I was lucky then. I can see it was shipped on 06-07-2012 and received on 23-07-2012.
I hope yours shows up soon. But North Texas is a big place. Maybe they can’t find you :wink:

@agedbriar: I had not noticed that :slight_smile: It is one of those things that may annoy me if it starts messing with function but I don’t pay attention to it when checking the light out. So far it has been working like a charm. Still on first run of first battery and still happy. But it has been taken apart as far at it will go without tools. I like the quality all over.

I forgot to mention this in the first post so I’ll just add it here and then edit the first post: The threads were bone dry when it came. But the o-rings seems to me like they are in fair contact with the sealing surfaces when screwing the light together. Maybe I’ll dunk it in my sons bathing tub or something tonight.

The Jacob A60 is defiantly the best $15.00 thrower !!!

It’s also better than the once higly regarded thrower UniqueFire HS-802 at $25.

True that. I was looking at that again and again and ag….
But I did not want to spend the money on something like that when so many people reported that they did not find the pencil beam practical. I love zoomie lights and originally thought that I would not mind. But then I thought about why I love zoomies: You can always get the beam you want for a specific task. Not so with a reflectored light. So I stayed away and found this. Lovely :slight_smile: