I Can't Wait To Get My Sky Ray STL-V2

Well I'm going to ask for more than that. I got a Uniquefire.

cool man..

I was satisfied with the light..would feel bad to rake them over the coals over it and 10$ was enough..I got the light for 21$ essentially..I used the 10$ card to get a uf-v2..had 2$ in points so it cost me 2$ for the uf-v4..

I'm asking for what I paid for. This light will be mine to keep on their wrong doing.

cool man do whatcha gotta do…hoping to see some comparisons of the uf to your other lights…seems to throw pretty good

Well I was content before I talked to them last. They told me not to worry about getting wrong light. Wait until you receive the light. I thought ok cool. They got it right then. Not! This will teach them to stop screwing people over and do it right the first time. If they would just do this ahead of time, they would save themself and a lot of customers the grief of getting ticked off. They would screw up a wet dream.

yeah man same here..oh system error blah blah..I knew I was getting the uf..but I am pretty happy with the light..it throws really well..

Is there a big difference between Skyray and Uniquefire other than name?
Remember to check reflector and especially emitter dome when received for flaws, solder blobs etc…

DD will never learn. They keep continue cheating us.

AVOID tag should be reinstated.

Yes, there's just a visual similarity, construction is totally different. Uniquefire has slightly thicker bezel, deeper and narrower reflector:

Original Skyray:

Uniquefire:

A you can see in Uniquefire the pill is screwed inside reflector and than reflector screws into body. That means poor heat dissipation - there are only a few screws between pill and reflector + heat needs to be transfered twice (pill -> reflector, reflector -> body).

Well guess I have a fluke as the only difference between my Fandyfire, Sky Ray and Uniquefire is the GITD rubber on the switch. Construction is IDENTICAL. Mine (Uniquefire 3/5 dual mode) is not like the one shown above except the name. Guess DD grabs any random two 18650 cell, large reflector light and shoves it in an envelope and mails it.

Just added... My Uniquefire has ”V2” nomenclature under the name.

I'd have to disagree about the unique fire heat dissipation..mine gets warm almost immediatly and there is plenty of contact where it screws into the body..that was one of the things that surprised me is how much heat sinking there actually was for a cheap light..

Well this Uniquefire isn't a bad light. But I compared it to the M3X and you can tell a pretty big difference. The M3X beats it easily in throw at 80yds. I noticed that the Uniquefire hotpspot isn't very good at 80yds as well. You can see the outer ring and a dimmer center. I don't particularly care for that.

it seems to reach pretty good for me but i'll have to do a long shot test of it though but so far for 21$ can't really find too much wrong with it for the price..it will have to do until I get the t40cs..now that the crelant v1 is sold out the SWM seems like a no brainer..i'm interested to see the t40cs vs the uf-v2 though so I know what i'm getting..I agree with the outer ring thing of the uf-v2..it is weird..i'm really disliking PWM on lights these days..the more I use more expensive lights the more I notice bad PWM on my cheaper lights..

Gets warm quickly because there's a lot of heat so even with fairly poor heat transfer there's plenty of heat reaching the body. There is plenty of contact between reflector and body but still not so much between pill and reflector.

Right now I'm very tempted by Uniquefire UF-V6, my poor wallet...

but the reflector is aluminium so the heat will be transferred into the body..I think there is plenty of heat sinking..

Good transfer reflector -> body? Yes. Pill -> reflector is more problematic.

the only issue I can see from the setup it has is if the reflector surface can't take the heat it could cloud or peel, but that remains to be seen

heat transfer though is not an issue with a brass pill screwed into an aluminium reflector then screwed into an aluminium body..they are all tightly screwed into each other and are all very good at conducting heat..a little bit of thermal paste applied to all threads would help even more, but I see no problem with the set-up as far as heat transfer goes..

this is also backed up with the quickness of the heat felt in the body..has little to do with the amount of heat generated..I have p60 hosts driven harder than the uf-v2 and without aluminium foil wrapping the drop-in heat isn't felt for ages..

Here are my findings:

tail cap draw (Sanyo Unprotected with 1 magnet in between - 4.19V)

SKY RAY STL-V2 = 1.52A

UniqueFire V2 = 1.58A

Ceiling bounce /lux meter value

SKY RAY STL-V2 = 210

UniqueFire V2 = 217

Tint = Same

Treads = about same quality cuts

Conclusion = I like them both

Well I agreed to a $10 gift card afer all the hoopla on chat with Sharon. Thye wanted me t osend it back and they pay the shipping. I said what about my gas to the post office? They still don't get it.

And just a sidenote. My reflector on my Uniquefire is probably around 60mm whereas the M3X is 63mm.