I Decided to Order A Fenix TK75

Cant wait to hear how deep the reflectors are and perform? That was the firs thing that caught
mu interest. Every time i pick up a multi emitter flooder i wish i could fasten the head to a vice grip and stretch the reflector 3-4 inches. Or set the LED’s deeper back in the host. Instead of 3 sunny side eggs in a flat pan. Looking forward…

Sweet mate. Enjoy your new light!

When are you expecting delivery?

Sounds a nice manageable size and weight, but it won’t stun frogs if you drop it on them like that 4 pound TK70, or give you such a workout lugging it around! :slight_smile:

TK75 - big on beam, throws far - 600m is no mean distance, light enough to edc, is a real winner. This would be what I would choose for myself. Great choice and a definite keeper.

ILF, since you seem to love pure throw….what are your thoughts on the modded TN31 by Saab?

I would have to see it in action before I would cough up that kind of money over a stock $140 TN31. I hear people say they put out 260,000 lux, but I guess I’m from the Show-Me-State. And they may do it. But I find that hard to believe. And I haven’t seen a a manul exposure 1 sec shutter photo yet at close to 500yds from anyone who has one that would convince me to want to buy one. 500yds ought to be a warm-up for such a light. If that modded TN31 is truly legit, it would mean it will out throw a Fire Foxes FF3 which I find that almost impossible to believe from a LED.

dang at this rate u’ll get all the known types of pokemon. Err I mean flashlights.

Looks like mid-December. If you’re in the US or Canada, drop me a PM and we can talk :slight_smile:

Me and don kidik compared the two, not scientifically mind, the modded tn31 I would throws a beam just under a third more than the stock light when held next to each other shining forward and up into the air, say a 45 degree angle from the floor. It does have significantly greater throw than the stock light.

Would I buy one myself? No, that’s way out of my price range but it is impressive.

And I would love to see a manual exposure 1 sec photo showing this.

Well Fenix Outfitters tells me that they will be getting their first part of their TK75 orders next week. Then the next shipment should sometime after that in Dec. They tell me my chance of getting one on the first shipment is slim due to the orders placed before me. But I was told that if the 2nd shipment gets here like promised I should have my TK75 by Christmas. But they just don’t know for sure. Come on Santa, please deliver before Christmas.

When does the spending end, Brad??????

I broke down and bought one, too. HIDCanada had a deal I couldn’t refuse. I have no idea when it will arrive, but I hope by Christmas. With some merchants (like HID) you can rest assured they’ll treat you right and come through for their customes. With others, well, I’m not so certain….

Well I kept my order from Fenix Outfitters due to the fact that they give you a 6 mo longer warranty on Fenix lights if you buy from them. Plus they probably will get their orders faster than a lot of other dealers I would guess.

You’d think Fenixoutfitters would get them quicker!

What you paid wasn’t that much more than than the LAPolicegear.com sale here in California. I had to go to Canada to get an equivalent deal with no taxes, free shipping (and I hope no custom duty fees)…

BTW, did you use a 10% promo code or the 8% code.? I have the former, but don’t know if it’s single use. I used it once already…

Yea I used the 8% off promo code. I’m gonna speculate that Fenix Outfitters will get some of the very first TK75’s.

And I got my answer from Fenix Outfitters about the extenstion tube and cost. I was told they put it on their website and price was to be added shortly. Well here it is.

http://www.fenixoutfitters.com/fenix-tk75-runtime-kit-594

Yep, I know. That’s what I used my 10% coupon on!

I wouldn’t mine having one of them, but it sort of defeats the purpose for buying the TK75 or what I bought it for. But double the runtime for if you needed it would be nice. But really no better off than just carrying 4 extra fully charged batteries with you.

I can’t disagree with you! But I’m a “completist” in that way. I always get the accessories if I can… And I can’t resist 10% off and free shipping!

Can you tell me this 10% off code.

And I can understand why a person would want the extension. Heck it would still weigh less less than the TK70 running 4 d cells. You would probably add another say 9oz to the stock TK75 weight.