I have a C8 (ThorFire) and want to mod it....

So I have been enjoying my C8 (recent ThorFire, solid pill, 3+5 modes) and now want to mod it. I came across THIS (non affiliated link) XP-L High Intensity on a copper board. Now this would be great, but then what driver would I go with? I have the ability to solder, so these mods should not present too much of a problem.

I want throw, it is a C8, so the factory DeDomed XP-L HI looks right.

Perhaps the driver mod HERE will do (I have the 3+5 modes driver) and the levels are good. This is also the cheap route…

Copper braid the springs of course…

What single battery would be best? One of the High Draw Samsung ICR18650-30B’s is my guess, but any input here is useful… I will initially be running it on the NCR18650B’s that I have, and some Panasonic 2600 Laptop pulls….

I can spend about $13 for the XP-L High Intensity and the FET for the driver mod, how much would this improve
the light? Are there any pitfalls that I may run into with these items for the mod? Any parts I overlooked like LED spacers?

Thanks for any help with this, and I will post the results when I figure out what I want to order and put it all together….

put one of those drivers together [WIP] 17mm DD+single-7135 driver / single sided / Dual-PWM
with the blf-a6 firmware ~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/trunk : files for revision 249
use a Samsung 30Q
wait for a XP-L HI in neutral white

I like the battery choice after I looked it up, thanks.

Frankly the driver and firmware stuff is beyond this mod for me. I have no hardware to flash a driver, and while I could build the driver you mentioned, I think the FET mod on the current 8x7135 driver would be better for me right now. I guess the problem is that I am not entirely sure it will work as the driver is not an AK47 like the post above outlines.

I think the XP-L HI would be great in neutral white, but right now a cool white on on the copper board is available.

Thanks again on the battery, I will have to order one of those…