I have all the flashlights I'll ever need, so I'm never going to buy another one. I'm done! :)

I tried quitting . . .

epicfailFoy

The X household has awesome tastes.

That's an excellent point and it got me thinking. I started out only buying lights I thought I needed - any purchase was based on an actual or perceived need for a particular task. I had more flashlights than Joe Sixpack and even at that point, I I was looking for the brightest light I could find but back then, it wasn't a hobby.

That changed a bit when I discovered DX but even then I wouldn't have bought a light just because I liked it. Plus, at that time, I was a knife guy first and a flashlight guy second. When I bought a WF-008 for thirty bucks and change years later, it wasn't because I was curious but rather because I didn't have a recoil thrower in my collection but thinking back, there were very few impulse purchases as far as lights go (knives though, are a completely different story :D). I think that changed in early 2010 and a lot of my purchases were essentially fueled by bargain hunting.

I have since given away a lot of those lights because, really, there's no reason to have a dozen UF-2100s. Sure, you can justify it by saying you need on in each car or jacket or whatever but the thing is, you don't. I now keep a couple of lights in my truck, one on my key chain and I rotate through two dozen EDC-type of lights, but I don't think I'll be buying any more unless I see something that I really want.

In that sense, I'm now choosing quality over quantity: I will still be buying budget lights but instead of buying multiple lights just because they're cheap, I will treat myself to a new light I actually want every once in a while and hold off on buying any other lights in the meantime. The TF ST-50 I bought a few weeks ago is one of those flashlights - don't need it, had no particular reason but I wanted a SST-50 torch in my collection and I am a sucker for that finish. The V60C is another (well, there's the bargain hunting aspect again).

lying is a sin! :p

but ok so is greed and gluttony :d

I was think about this subject more or less the other day before I read this thread.
I tried out several lights on the way to figuring out what I like but generally I like to keep things simple and uncluttered.
Basically I have 4 types of lights now. My favorite headlamp is the Zebralight H51f. I use it all the time.
I use a Thrunite TI and wear it necklace style under my shirt at night. I use it all the time.
When I want a slightly bigger light to throw in my pocket for a night walk or whatever I have my Proton Pro (single AA).
The last type of light is an aspheric throw and the most convenient one for me is a single 18650 fixed focus 35mm OD head light when I just want to spot sometime (animal, trail, or whatever).
That’s all I really need. I have a few more single AAA lights around in the car, nightstand,etc. I have a few more headlamps. I have a few more lights, 6P, P60, zoom light.
The ones I routinely use however are the first 4 mentioned.
I have 4 guitars but should only have 3. I have 2 telescopes but should only have 1. There’s usually a point for me where rather than have one more of the same item in a particular hobby it’s better to add an addition hobby ::

I think folks confuse need with a hobby. What you need is irrelevant. Most of us had more lights than we needed within a month or two of joining here. If it was all about need then this forum would be quiet as a Ghost Town. But the reality is that an Automobile Collector or a Stamp Collector or any Collector never says, "I've got all I need now."

As you said, jondotcom, "I've been a flashoholic for a year or two now." So it was never about need. That's why need will play no part in whether you'll buy more lights.

So see you soon, jon,.........................

Well, I have 6 wives and many think I should only have one. Look where I live. Just kidding!

scheven_architect. Lying is a sin but you can always repent buddy.

+1

Never acutally pictured Henry on BLF but it was sneaked in prefectly.

:)

always get another case.

Where is the Armytek Predator?

Ohh you have that in your pocket. Of course. Silly me. Just disregard this post.

;-)

Good luck. I'm not buying anymore either. LOL!

SLIPPERY SLOPE

I'm with you.

This is my final one, waiting for delivery, still backordered. Huge 55mm head on an XR-E emitter!

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/jacob-a60-cree-q5-3-mode-310lm-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-black-1-x-18650-114268?r=43033281

Just FYI...

the DQG tiny III (SS or TI. in NW, with magnet) will be my final purchased light. i really know that i am done then.

i will stay interested in news (new LED generation or lighting technology) and may visit the forum once in a while .. but the point is i really want to be done.

I have been thinking over the last few weeks that I don't need to buy any more lights. I think I might even sell a few of my more expensive lights and put the money towards my DR650 supermoto. I have a few Sipik Sk-68s, and in all honesty they will do all that I need a flashlight to do.

well just shut down the forum i guess.

HHAHA LOL.

What case is that? Looks pretty cool. Just might have to pick one up! I am done with lights until the next one anyway! LOL