I need lots of Ultrafire 501B lights..

You should e-mail a few places and see if they have heads they can sell to you for a discount, when i bought a keygos m10 the driver spring broke on its first use delivery so on a whim i e-mailed the website and they sent me a new head so they had an extra unsued body sitting at their warehouse. I bet you can get some heads for cheap if you can find someone who has them.

good idea. i might try that.

I have that seller on my watch list. its the best price i found so far too.

Does it have to be 501b? WB has 502b for $7.6 after ledwallbuys14 coupon, when buying 5+ pcs . You may need to use “buy it now” option for the coupon to work.

You can try alibaba.com its the cheapest for large orders but shipping and potential tax for such big order is a problem from every store.

I chose the 502b for my project. The head has more meat on it for sinking. All other things are the same, including the price.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000911/1580801-ultrafire-wf-501b-1-cree-xm-l-t6-5-mode-800lm

501b, xml dropin, 5 or more $8.68…plus BLF 5% discount code

14 flashlights is nothing for Alibaba sellers. Alibaba is a seller’s marketplace to connect manufacturers to distributors not the general public. The price they give is the Free on Board price, they’ll basically deliver to your guys on the shipping port. It’s your responsibility to then get them from the port to you. The buyer will be responsible for all shipping, forwarding, freight and import duties which they will be looking at because orders from Alibaba go to commercial accounts and not private retail.

I would basically just go on ebay and look for the best price and then see if you can negotiate a discount for buying 14 flashlights. Even for ebay sellers 14 flashlights don’t constitute “a lot” it’s actually just a drop in the bucket for them. The ebay China shippers usually won’t even cut you much of a break for such a small lot. Now bring that up for 100 or 1000 and you might be able to get some significant breaks.

Yup…Alibaba and DHGate are like the “SAMS Club” of Chinese “stuff” you have to buy in REAAAALY big bulk some times for the great prices…this is why the smaller Chinese resellers can sell so cheap…they buy “lots” of them, and mark them up a little and resell in onsies and twosies…then resellers CONUS mark em up even more…yay

See that alot in “vaping gear” sometimes 200% markup! But thus paying for “convenience” of buying from another extension of the Chinese shipping market

I will have to check those out.
one of the needs for these lights is converting the Alley-Lights and rear spotlights from the horrible Incans with their fadded reflectors in the emergency Lightbar on my 4x4. ( 3 of these heads in a row on each side for the Alleylights, and 6 facing the rear.) all run from 12 volt single-mode 10 watt LED drivers.

You can get those exact same lights from FT for $2.64
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1046300-police-5w-led-flashlight-1-x-aa

And the 3 watt for $1.78
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10000824/1070300-pocket-3w-led-flashlight

They suck

Truth in advertising…wow

Never mind…auto dude…advertiser…marked as spam

I agree. The spammers and Ad-Pushers will try anything to get people to buy their usless junk. I ignore them and mark them as spam every time i see them too.

I was just trying to be helpful on this forum here. DenBarrettSAR said he was looking for lights for his project. Truth really is, for 14 lights, he is not going to find someone that will just sell him the heads for his 501b flashlights If he wanted to say, order 1000 plus, he might be able to get ahold of ultrafire to sell them to him directly. Short of that, he is going to have to shell out about $8 a piece on up and buy the whole flashlights for his project. He indicated he was on a budget, which tells me that buying 1000 flashlight head isn’t a feasible option. I will admit, I am not a big flashlight guy, I am in fact happy with my cornwell streamlight stylus pro, which is rated at 26 lumens, and my coast headlamp rated for 49 lumens. that I use for working on cars. Hence where my name comes from, When I got online at the age of 17, which was almost 14 years ago. I chose that name for my accounts and have stuck with it ever since. auto stands for automotive, dude because I’m a guy, and a1 was the name of an old self serve junk yard in Colorado Springs nearby that was bought out in later years by U-Pull-And-Pay and renamed accordingly. My 2 main passions in life are automotive and electronics. I went to college from 2005-2007 and got my a+ certification and studied cisco certified networking. as well as took electronics classes on the side. Nowdays, I do work on online sales and market research, and deal through alibaba on a regular basis, that’s how I know about aliexpress. IT is an offshoot of alibaba for quick and convenient small consumer purchases instead of volume sales like alibaba. The only reason why I came by this forum and signed up is because I am researching to build a battery pack using panasonic 18650 cells similar to those used in the tesla roadster. for my own EV project. It just happens that these cells are primarily used in flashlights just like the ones discussed here. The only differences is that the batteries that come with these lights, usually use ultrafire or trustfire branded cells that are cheap knockoff cells that are widely known to fail to perform at their advertized ratings. That is a huge problem building large, high drain packs, but only a minor to moderate nuisance with low-drain LED flashlights. Now the flashlights I found for DenBarrettSAR were the cheapest I could find that came close to what he was looking for at a descent price. I am in no way associated with the seller of those units and could care less whether DenBarrettSAR bought them or not. If I wanted to do a similar project to him, I would honestly build my own design using just the CREE LEDs and appropriate resistors for my power source with my own lenses for pennies on the dollar. I did take 5 minutes to lookup your account and fasttech: Fact is, you have only been here for 9 weeks, and most of your postings have links for fasttech exclusively in appropriate context. Given your name: Warhawk, War means to compete, aka competition or competitor. Hawk, is a bird that flies from above to target prey. Then you proceeded to use the old switch and bait tactic by claiming I was a spammer and claiming the lights were junk (Which they may or may not be, I do not really know for sure), and then linked again for the same flashlights from guess where? fasttech yet again. If you put these details together, it means you are most likely an advertizer/spammer yourself. I should have warned you, I also like human psychology and definitions of words. I am a walking and talking thesaurus/dictionary. Like I said, I also looked into fasttech, and noticed they have lots of problems with shipping, I know I would not ever deal with them. Sounds too sketchy and illegitimate for my taste. Lastly to prove I am unbiased, Here are some more sources: Ultrafire 501B - Google Search , Ultrafire 501B - Google Search , 3w led flashlight - Google Search , and 5w led flashlight - Google Search It looks like you can get the 501B as low as 4.75 before shipping.

Wow, $7.89 ??
Is it reasonable quality? I expect the tint to be blue-ish though….
Any idea everyone. some people at work would like a cheaper light…
Thanks
Tony

Well…when you jump in and post and it reeks of “spambot” and I wasn’t the only one that saw it, I leaned towards spammer, and considering you only posted once, one post heavily laden with what appeared to be spam it really only left one conclusion

With that said, if you truly are a real person I apologize for my brash snap to judgement

Sure fasttech had HUGE issues with shipping not too long ago, mainly due to the locking down of shipping of Li Ion batteries out of China thru airmail when two aircraft were either disabled or crashed due to venting/burning Li Ion batteries, the reason I choose fasttech is I have a very long history of dealing with them, slow shipping and all, I have over 6 pages of shipped orders, all recieved and if/when there is a problem they fix it (I am a vaper and have quit smoking due to their vaping gear, just recently got into flashlights)

yes, fasttech is a Chinese reseller of Alibaba and DHGate (which are like the SAMS Club of Chinese products) only problem…you have to buy in bulk from them…fasttech, dx.com, aliexpress, lightmalls, banggood and all others are just resellers just like local shops, but when you buy direct the markups aren’t as high

Thank you for psychoanalyzing my nickname here…WarHawk-AVG
WarHawk as in P-40, the tool used by the pilots who helped defend China against an empirical Japan back in WWII
One of my favorite aircraft in the world, well besides the F4U Corsair (gull wings, Pappy Boyington “”Black Sheep squadron”:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073961/” awesome old school show by the way)

AVG, if you chose to investigate…it’s an acronym for American Volunteer Group, the guys that chose to go fight
http://www.flyingtigersavg.com/

With that said, I made a snap judgement and I apologize, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…it really doesn’t leave much go on when you only have ONE post

Lots of sites won’t even let you post a link for your first n number of posts just because there’s a 99% chance you are a spambot just by posting a link in your first post. Looks like we found the other %1—all the spam on the Internet makes everyone paranoid :slight_smile:

Nice plane. I used to work for a retired Marine Colonel who opened some big air museum in Southern California. Love all those old planes.

I know the warhawk is also an airplane, I am sorry it didn’t click as a possibility when I psychoanalyzed your name, heck, I have a friend that now lives in Phoenix that loves war planes, and even played on and in the Martin PBM-5A Mariner now located at the PIMA air museum in Tuscon, AZ when he was a child. Of the 1,367 PBM Mariners of all models built, it is the last complete one in in existence and he had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with it. He even told me it was his personal babysitter for many years when it was still sitting in Thermo, California back in the 1970s. On another note, AVG is also a widely known, yet personally disliked free antivirus program for computers. It really is quite amazing how many meanings a simple word can have. I was really suspecting you were a spammer too, (and for that I am also sorry), but did not have enough to be sure, so I did not jump the gun. Now for the duck thing, if it quacks and walks like one, it may also be a redneck with diarrhea and a duck call in his mouth too. lol! To put your mind at ease, I am definitely not a spammer, I hate them too. Spam posts are usually generic, and never personalized. nor would they come with replies like this one. Until I found this forum, I had never even heard of DHGate. Heck, I wouldn’t even be working with 18650 cells if ultracapacitors weren’t so expensive. Goes to show a lot, I guess you aren’t so bad after all either. I’ll even admit I went a bit overboard, its just that I hate spam so much too, being labeled as a spammer really got me wound up. Again, sorry. and I hope DenBarrettSAR gets his project working and has the lumens to x-ray a mountain when he is done.

Yes racer, the 1% does exist. Even I find it hard to believe sometimes.

I have seen c-8s for $5 each With XR-E

Autodude—Really?
Damn, those replies showed hypersensitivity, and are so long as to almost tie up the sites bandwidth.
Id love to read your entire comments, but not gonna do it when I see they are 2000 word manifestos.