If it could be arranged, would U commit unconditionally to buy a Skyray King in BLACK at $75 shipped MAX from reputable dealer?

That’s the problem. The more “conditions” we put on it, the less likely it will happen. So far only five are willing to do it, including myself.

I’m surprised. My King is a great deal even for 75US IMO!

only if its the same(or less) than normal price

if it comes with neutral white LEDs. I already own the original cool white.

There’s just not enough information to go on. There’s no way I am going to commit to anything unless I have at least as much information available as I would with any other purchase. I want to see pictures. I want to see complete and final specs. I want to know the exact price. I want to know who is selling it.

If you’re just trying to gauge interest, fair enough. But how can anyone commit at this point?

I vote no. Love the gold, already have way too many black lights.

The assumption is it’s the exact same light currently available but in black at no more than 75US shipped.

If we’re merely assuming then it’s all somewhat theoretical at this point. The discerning flashaholic’s idea of the exact same light is sometimes different from the enthusiastic sales rep’s idea of the exact same light. Surely we all know this.

Obviously you have more information than we do. Perhaps it’s the sort of information that affords you additional confidence. But if we don’t have it, then we also don’t have that confidence. That’s basically the main theme I’m driving at here.

Geez. This is just a poll to gauge interest, not a binding legal contract.

Yes, it’s all theoretical at this point. And based upon the responses and the poll results thus far, it will probably remain so. Thanks!

+1 Take more than the color to charge a premium price.

You can’t really blame me for taking the phrase “commit unconditionally” at face value, can you? If the thread had been titled “Would you be interested in a BLACK Sky Ray king for less than $75.00 shipped from a reputable dealer” it’s likely I would have simply said “yeah, maybe”. But you seemed to be asking for unconditional commitment right off the bat, as it sounds.

Anyway, it wasn’t my intention to irritate you. I’m sorry if I have. I was just speaking my mind, and I felt that I brought up some important and relevant points.

Get some more information for everyone indenial, if that’s possible. You’ll probably generate more interest if all the details are available for everyone to consider.

If a manufacturer is going to risk producing a small run of a certain product, he’s got to have some indication that there’s enough consumer demand in place to justify it. They’re definitely not going to put any extra capital into marketing it.

My plan was to forward the results of this poll to the right people to provide an incentive to take the risk. The only stipulation would be that it’s a black version identical to what’s currently being produced at a price point below $75.00 (taking into account an average shipping cost).

I hope that the results over time improve, otherwise this idea is dead in the water.

Since we are only thinking out loud for the moment can we have it with 5 or 6 brightness modes? from turbo all the way down to candle?

Cant we find someone to remove the “celebration gold” finish and spray Cerakote for x amount of lights? Each individual can be responsible for the tear down , reassembly, and shipping. Its inexpensive and the finish is amazing. Not limited to
black either. It should be much cheaper than anodizing.

I should be getting a SK delivery this week. Im planning on spraying battleship gray or gray/white

I don’t think it does. The cycle is just High/Low/Off. The strobe is hidden and activated by pressing and holding the switch.

id be in for $75 if it were black haIII and came lo-med-hi with hidden strobe :slight_smile:

And what might you be doing to this light :slight_smile:

That is something I would pay $75 for, not the color.

OP, are you more or less “looking for a show of hands” at this point? Like several that have responded, I’d like to have more details but count me in.

I just got a gold NW last week and the color is pretty good!

Black… not so sure. Maybe NW in a neutral ano…

I would be interested in a black host if one ever came to the market but I am happy with my gold one.Functionally it's bright as hell as for finish,black would be nice but it wouldn't compel me to buy another one.