If you could ONLY have 1 flashlight.

Seems legit, though. New budget drivers, new emitters, new cells, and the answers change pretty fast. My answer would have been different a year ago. OTOH, OP’s post count and disengagement from this thread does seem kinda spammy.

Now I’m going to pocket my M21B today and see if my answer changes again.

Lumintop AA with 4 14500 and 4 Fujitsu AA. in the explosion proof bag I just ordered.

Included would be a 4 bay charger with a small solar panel.

Explosion proof bag?

The last one I remember was about taking only one flashlight into a cave. Not the catacombs thread although similar. So there was an element of danger and reliability and utility. If you made it back out you could presumably get to use all your other flashlights again. I don’t like this question. I would have to hide all my other flashlights in a cave.

I see it more as a versatility question. Which light can cover the most bases. Though it is not a light I use every day, the Sofirn SP35 might meet that requirement. Good combo of throw and flood. Small enough to fit in a pocket yet it can sustain a lot of lumens. Charging and 21700 battery. Regulated output. Although not perfect, it does have AT control.

I guess we’ll start seeing that the Niwalker ES2 and ES3 are good all around lights, since the “heads” are replaceable! :innocent:
No one said that we couldn’t have several heads for the same flashlight :stuck_out_tongue:

I have over a hundred flashlights. Truth be told it might be over 200 now. I would pick one of my Old Lumens human lathed 1D maglites. Yes I have 4 to pick from. It seems like on my insomnia nights I would cruise BLF and BAM! he would offer up one of his treasures. That man was magic and he shared his great how-to videos with all of us. RIP Justin.

I don’t have many fancy flashlights so my experience is very limited, but I would choose a Convoy 4x18A with a XHP70.2 emitter.

It’s a bit bigger than most “EDCs” but that doesn’t bother me - I like quite a wide beam, simple UI, a lot of light and good runtime - the 4x18A ticks all those boxes for me.

BLF A6
been with me everyday on my side pouch

D4SV2 SST-20 mix - 2700K/4000K single channel, cyan body, 26800 tube

great light
decent ui
just a little bit, big

i hope BLF Sofirn SP10 will be better than A6 :wink:

Post #5143 in Amazon deal alerts.

Interesting, i was expecting an ammo can.
I assume its flame resistant, it doesn’t look particularly explosion proof (i doubt it would stop a hand grenade).

D4SV2 W2

oh
do let us know

wle

So many comments! Awesome!! Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer a noob's question! Reading them all now!

Guess I’d take my D4v2 Mule E21a 2000K.

Blf a6 with the 3D emitter and a deep carry dual direction clip. I can go for a month with this battery and while it’s a bit large I can clip it on the bill of my hat. They had a 18350 tube but I never bought it. I’m pretty biased though. I don’t have any convoys, my other lights don’t edc well or I don’t want to ruin them (fw4a - I do love that little guy) and my only other edc is a aaa olight that eats batteries like crazy. Haven’t commented in a while but I was in your shoes 6 or so years ago and got addicted to the group buys. The ui in the blf lights just keeps getting better and better. Good luck choosing friend!

I’m really liking my SC31 pro!