Ikea ladda ready to use

Nice, I like the new look. I have to get some of these very very soon :slight_smile:

Just bought 4 new one’s in the same Ikea location as the OP. They all came in at exactly 1.32 V. Currently testing, results tomorrow.
First run, charge 1A, discharge 0.5A, discharge capacity: 2670 2631 2611 2590 mAh.
Second run 2646 2650 2673 2730 mAh.
Resting voltage 1.38 V.

Very high capacity, hope they last and keep voltage.
I stop running now and start cycling, so this is it for the time being.

Living in Sweden these are my standard AA and AAA batteries since a few years.
I use them in all kinds of stuff at home. I have about 40 AA’s.
I think it is the best bang for the buck right now.
I would recommend them to anyone looking for good value for money.

//Tank

I think you are talking about the green/silver ones (as in post #166).
We are now discussing the new ones (post #168). I dont think you can buy them yet in Sweeden.
The Nederlands (Holland) seems to be pilot country for introduction in Europe.

Hi.

Just bought 4 packs of the new AA’s in Norway, so they are probably out on the market in several places. (NOK 69,- pr pack - around 8 USD).
The AAA had not arrived when I bought the AA but they were expected during this week.

Here is a link to Ikea Sweden: (pictures)
http://press.ikea.se/aprilnyheter-batteriladdare/

Well, I finally found it! Still there. Perhaps some would like to see it (sorry for the big picture).
Picture taken from 36 deg. 21.713’N, 139 deg. 0.682’E, looking SW.
(Google Earth, Street View).

And the main entrance in the other end of the site.

The address is: 307-2, Koyagimachi, takasaki, japan

2001 The TWICELL battery factory (owned by Toshiba) was sold to Sanyo. The LSD Eneloops as we know them came out in 2005.
2010 Sanyo was taken over by Panasonic, that then would have accuired over 80% of the worlds NiMh production which was against trust laws. Therefore TWICELL was taken over by (Fujitsu owned) FDK and renamed FDK TWICELL CO.,LTD
More details about the TWICELL factory is found in this link by accumulator…

Thank you for the news, hunter, and welcome to BLF!
It seems we can expect the new batteries in april if not earlier. Very good news!

I bought 4 packs today in Austria.
AA 2450 mA
AA 1000mA
AAA 500mA
AAA 900mA
They are envelops I’m sure!

How much were the new Austrian laddas?

All together €19,96
AA2450: 6.99
AA1000: 3.99
AAA900: 5.99
AAA500: 2.99

Never seen a real use in the eneloop lite because they were so expensive here, but for that price they could be a good deal for solarlanterns, remote controls and stuff…

Finally the new Ladda came to DK :smiley:
I have sent a family member to the nearest warehouse to get some packages.

The prices (converted to EURO) are:
2450: 6.53 EU
900: 5.60 EU
1000/500: 3.33 EU

I will set my BC-900 to cycle them and keep an eye on the capacity read-out.

In Belgium the Ladda AA 2450 = 6,99 Euro (4 cells), the Ladda AAA 900 = 6,99 Euro (4 cells).

I would never buy the low capacity versions.

As a convinced user of Ladda, I would buy a few packs of the new ones, but I was lucky and managed to find a deal on these Fujitsu for ~$6.70.
BTW funny how Ladda, Eneloop and these are all 2450mAh… the exact same cell with different label?

I have bought a pack of each of theese very cheap “put and forget” batteries for use in my (too many) remote controls and wall clocks. I think they would hold the charge much longer than their big brothers and I get rit of those Alkaleaks that can ruin the springs and sockets.
I have use for Alkaleaks though in my auto heater regulators. They stop working under 1.25V (silly).

My theory is that they are all made at FDK TWICELL factory, which share majority is owned by Fujitsu.
Panasonic, Ikea and perhaps Amazon buy them from FDK with different labels.
Just my 2-pence.

our duracells are the same.the pre charged being 2000mah 1900 min are rewrapped eneloops.
the 2450 being the xx .
this is very common.
this from someone who did repair work on a battery line at a rayovac plant.
they had about 50 reels of labels at the wrapping station.most were brands i have never heard of.probably store brands in other regions.
the computer would be told to wrap a certain quantity of a certain brand.it would complete the run,drop a separator,and load the next brands reel.

These white (probably FDK) Ladda batteries are potentially quite exciting for Australians where we have to “suffer” the Chinese non-FDK Eneloops, and overpriced Duraloops. Still, as with everything else, I’m sure they will be rolled out here last!

I asked about a month ago and was told within a few weeks and then the staff member changed it to no eta.

Considering the store I go to has barely sold 2000 packs of the green and silver AA since they were introduced I am thinking it could be a while before I see them. I really hope I am wrong though.

Untill Ladda shows up an alternative is Fujitsu (that “owns” FDK). They are not as expensive as Panasonic’s. Of course if you have them in Australia.