I'm sure I'm late to the game but have others ordered from Temu?

Just became aware of the company recently and it seems to be a genuine “bargain” place from which to order. I thought I’d check in with you folks and see if Temu’s very low prices were worth following up on.

Bargains like this?

:rofl:

98000W Long shot 90,000 meters

Or do they sell decent stuff?

1 Thank

I’m curious about the site also. If anybody has used them, I’d like to know about it. I poked around there, but stopped short of making an account.

From what I found on them, the reviews seem to suggest that they sell goods from many vendors that may or may not be low quality. Most sellers report that shipping to the US should take 10 days and several promised a partial refund after some time frame like 20 days.

Their flashlights are suspiciously inexpensive, but they don’t look like high quality flashlights. :thinking:

I bought a small alcohol stove from them its was nice and shipped quickly.
C

1 Thank

I’m diggin’ the free shipping and they take Paypal .

This looks decent if its anything like the one currently in the fleet and less than mine cost.;
item # MV01917

4 position brick USB + 1 type C for 3.48. Don’t know if UL listed but will only used when being watched.
RB03413

I did find some Sofirns listed on there after posting yesterday. The prices didn’t seem any better (on a couple I cross checked) to AliExpress.

1 Thank

I bought a couple of sink strainers for$2 and change; they were “worth” the price.
Their communication is excellent though and shipping was on time.

Ran across this while foolin’ around on youtube.

That guy is fun to listen to. Don’t know if I really would want any of the stuff he ordered but I get the point of his video. Temu certainly is persistent once they get your email. I get emails every day from them and they use a different tactic each time. I’ll probably spring for an order from them soon and see how I like them. I’ll bet once you order from them , they’re like vultures.

Yeah, they are annoying; I just ordered a set of sheets; we’ll see.

It looks like there’s a $20 minimum order on the site.

Didn’t see that. It’s often kind of a deal-breaker for me when the order minimum is $50 but I guess I can live with $20. Sneaky of them not to make it a little more visible though IMO.

It doesn’t appear until the checkout process although it’s very clear at that point.

I got my opple 3 on temu. It shipped quicker than expected, and I got what I payed for. Overall, a good experience.

1 Thank

I just placed an order with Temu for the first time. Free shipping today with no minimum order. One interesting thing was they will refund $5 if the order doesn’t arrive in 10 days. The whole process went smoothly using Paypal. The brand I bought was on Amazon for twice the money. [ Update: communications so far have been excellent. Email when the order was placed. Next day notification of shipping and tracking.] Update 2: Package arrived in 8 days. The order was as expected so I am over all happy and will order with them again.

1 Thank

Their search function sucks. Try searching for “opple”

1 Thank

Yes, I ordered a cheap smartwatch from Temu. It arrived as described (unfortunately within the specified timeframe, so no money back :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I don’t like their permissive search, just like Amazon has, where if you search for jankylistic bifermatic troglomog it will still return results based on your previous history, so it can be hard to tell if they actually offer a specific model number that you’re looking for.

Any more experiences to share?

Since folks here have extensive experience with Aliexpress, and overseas marketplaces, this is the first place I thought to look.

First flag – validation captchas galore. No less annoying than when AX does it.

Second flag – apparently, there can be a minimum order amount when using the website (but maybe not the app), which can fluctuate, and according to some reports, rises even if one orders a lot of stuff!

I’m not going to register an account just to find out on the last checkout page that the one item I’m buying won’t be enough to qualify. I avoid apps data miners in general unless there are no other alternatives.

The second is a game I’m not going to play, so maybe I’ll just sit this one out.

The thing I’m shopping for is all over Bezosland anyway, and I can have it delivered to my door in a couple days for a few bucks more anyway. And return it within 30 days with minimal hassle. That’s worth a couple extra bucks.

I have ordered stuff from Temu, nothing flashlight nor electronics related though. It’s been a positive experience so far. Things were as advertised, arrived quickly and in good shape.