Imalent DX80 32000 lumen monster

Hi Jason, you are right. The first batch for sale was not refined. The button and OLED display seemed plasticy, the lower levels were underdriven (I sent back to GG for replacement), and the charger stops working permanently.

The newest batch, one of which I purchased from wolfgirl009 on eBay, is subtly refined in every way. The button has less plasticy response and more traditional rubber strength resistance feel. The display is monolithic and you no longer see a plasticy film. The blue indicators and display itself is slightly dimmer. The light output is appropriately robust bright at all levels. The charger pin is now black instead of yellow and the holster banner is now yellow instead of black. The US charger now works perfectly. Finally, to your point, they made the reflectors shinier. Left photo shows duller OP reflectors. Right photo shows shinier and less OP reflectors of their newly refined batch.

I’ve been watching all of the info about the DX80 and have deliberated whether or not to get one. It seems most of the initial issues have been ironed out. However I still have one sticking point. The proprietary battery pack. Has anyone looked to see if there’s any way for the end user to replace the cells in it? What happens a couple of years down the road when the batteries crap out, which they will? If the cells themselves are proprietary and not easily accessed, will Imalent still be around in a couple of years to sell a replacement battery pack? Will it be outrageously expensive? Has anyone that already has this light attempted to get at the cells in the battery pack?

That’s a nice size beer mug in your left hand. Beastly mug for a beastly light.

I don’t think anyone has had the balls to cut open the battery pack. Lol

It’s supposed to be 8 of the Samsung 30Q cells in there. So they should be replacable, but you might need to solder wires to them.

`What happens a couple of years down the road when the batteries crap out, which they will? `

YOUR RIGHT !!
They will crap out sooner or latter just like all built in batteries do.
The ` Major ` thing I dont like about the DX80 and ALL flashlights with built in batteries.
Even if Imalent are around in years to come ,
I doubt they will be able to help or even care.

But did not stop me buying 3 x DX80.
32,000 lumen in the palm of your hand is MAD ! and
` Nothing` lasts for ever !

It is not verry hard to get the battery pack out of the tube.
You have only to unscrew the black ring on the driver-side of the battery to get it out.
There you will find a contact-PCB with the +contact (you have already seen without unscrewing the ring) and on the down-side an outer contact ring of the PCB, which makes contact to the battery-tube. And the battery tube itselfs gives the -contact to the driver retainig ring.

Later I will make some photos to show it.

Hey ImA4,
Thanks that was a GREAT idea!

Once again, less Spill. :laughing:

Can anyone confirm that “the US charger now works perfectly” as stated above? Has anyone recently received the US charger and not had any problems?

Yellow tip is the defective charger and black tip is the good charger.

Thanks! I hope we get more people to confirm that they have no problems with the black tip charger.

Yes, black tip is good & works perfectly!

Does not look easy but please provide some pictures if you can ,
What about a replacement battery once you have it out… Especially in about 12months time ?

Is there a code left for the DX80 that works ?

Banggood has a coupon code 1bcb33 to lower the price by -$160,95 to $219; however they are currently Sold Out. Gearbest has a flashsale on their EU Plug version for $216.99; however, that means you would need to purchase a US plug charger; I am using a 19v 3.42 Amp 5.5mm x 2.5mm pin I purchased from Amazon for $9.06

If you don’t mind paying more than the Banggood or Gearbest rock bottom coupon price of $219 or $216.99, then wolfgirl009 on eBay has a Buy It Now of $299, which is a little more than 20% off retail.

I personally bought this way and received super-fast handling and Express DHL shipping from Hong Kong, and a perfectly refined Imalent new headquarters stock.

I hope this helps.

I got the GB DX80 with EU charger and they included a US to EU plug adapter. I didn’t even bother asking since I had several from other past purchases.

KuoH

scannerguy1968 put out another video on YouTube. I hadn’t noticed this one before, different from his first.

Yes Thank you very much.
Purchased the GB EU plug version ,
I am in Australia so stuffed either way.
Already have a couple of DX80`s so I have the US charger.
I was very happy with the service and flashlights from BG .

Thank you for the code and instructions.

It’s my pleasure :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. That’s kind of encouraging. I just hate to invest a couple hundred bucks in a “disposable” flashlight. I’d like to be able to replace the batteries when it’s time and keep using it as long as the rest of the flashlight is in good working order. I’ll probably get one anyway, just have to rationalize/justify the purchase… :money_mouth_face:

This light runs on 8 Samsung 30Q 18650 cells. I’m sure they are replacable. No one has checked to see what the battery back looks like yet. New heatshrink for the battery pack is available at many stores as well.