Imalent DX80 or acebeam X80?

Thought they must have done an update. UI is very well thought out and easy to use. Had some fun in the forest with my cousin and his wife today shinning the X80 around. Of course now they want one as well.

Own a DX80 with no issues. I think the first few months of production had a lot of issues but most of those were addressed.

I can relate to that. Not sure how imalent keeps getting away with what they do, but apparently they do.

no they still have QA issues, and they also arent the best to even honor their own warranty, all that from just reading here what people share… its sad they still release crappy flashlights and warranty that they ignore if something breaks down…. imo u get what u pay for really but their prices on the high lumens light are insane, if they cant make lights quality like acebeam or olight then dont bother compete with them or their prices…

8-10 weeks ago myself and brother-in-law each ordered a new DX80.

His was DOA and mine failed [flickered a few times and then went dead] in less than two weeks.

So I’d say nothing has been fixed or addressed.

We are both done with Imalent lights. Which is unfortunate, because their lights put out really nice beams [when they work].

FYI Illumn is running a sale on the DX80 right now. Great deal, especially since they are located in the US.

I know they have issues, but I had to pick one up at this price. I’ll let you all know how it goes.
Fingers crossed…

Yeah, I know the promo they are running. But with issues with Imalent you are better off buying Acebeam.

BTW, with the price tag of DX80 use it towards Acebeams X70.

As far as I understand there were 3 updates of DX80, I have mine since a month ago, and I have not had a single problem and I think that in V3, all the problems were solved.

the battery should look like this, if your flashlight is V3

No way to know unless light is purchased. By then, it might be too late if version 3

Looks like I’ve got V3 as well and no issues. I’ve seen the different battery packs on older video reviews, thanks for the info!

When did you buy yours?

just a few day ago, my dx80 just die while on usage
mind u, not even using full power…
maybe med mode 5000 lumens

got strong electronic burning smell

i bought it from gearbest on january this year
should be liable for warranty right?

how to contact imalent for warranty?

go to their website, should be email or so, but i read here imalent sucks when it comes to honor warranty on their own lights, u shouldnt count on gearbest either but give it a try… its obvious imalent cant make good lights….the failiure rate here must be at 90%….

try this adress,

E-mail: sales@imalent.com

thanks
well… will try my luck…
if they can ship only the replacement board is good enough…

Solo por curiosidad y saber que version de dx80 posee, podrías subir una imagen como esta

Here is my issue with the imalent,

I send the broken fan ms12 to imalent… they thought nothing wrong. They send me back without repair.

Contact imalent again… i will have to send it back again…

Will update…

wow what a joke… cant u just do a paypal claim ? thats crazy how they treat their customers who bought a 500+$ light… :person_facepalming:

Man, I sure hope I get Version 3 of light. Bought on sale for $200.

Ours were both the most recent version. Unfortunately, that didn’t make a difference.

Hopefully you get one that works and it gives you many years of enjoyment.

Doesn't seem to matter what version when it comes to failure rates with imalent. Looks like they have zero QC and that's probably where the problem is.