Imalent UT90 Predator and RT90 (both SBT90.2, 1308m throw, 4800lm)

Just seen this new UT90 light from Imalent: IMALENT UT90 Predator FLASHLIGHT – IMALENT®

I think it’s their first SBT90.2 light. In fact I think it’s their first light that doesn’t use XHP70.2 LEDs in a while.

Looks interesting. Has a 2 * 21700 (8000mAh) battery pack instead of removable cells.

Reviews and other info

Edit:

Imalent have a listing for another new flashlight, the RT90. It’s also a SBT90.2 but soda can shape. It has a battery pack too but strangely it’s made of 4 18500 cells (4 * 1700mAh = 6800mAh, so a bit less than the UT90.

Reviews and other info

Edit: added reviews and other links

Is the battery pack proprietary? That could be an issue if it gets used often for a while.

I think it is, which is a shame.

Though li-ion cells last for hundreds (or thousands?) of charges. I’ve done over 500 complete cycles of my phone battery and it’s still fine. I still use the same 18650 in my EDC D4V2 that I bought when I got it.

Rather than degrading over time, by main concern with proprietary cells is not being able to carry spares to swap in quickly, at least without buying am expensive one just for the light. Once the battery pack is drained, you have to wait for it to charge back up. It does have “fast charging” though.

8000mAh means it will have 2 21700 cells.

What I’m not sure about is whether it’s in 2S (series) or 2P (parallel) format. The shape looks like 2S but I think charging would be easier with 2P.

I think Imalent use boost drivers in most of their lights (run time charts look pretty flat). A 2S would imply either a buck or a boost-buck, so this may have very good efficiency.

It looks like it’s not on sale yet but Imalent have posted an unboxing video on their blog

Looks like you get quite a few accessories.

I found this today too, it’s very interesting but no information about tint, I hope the 5700k is available at least.