In your esteemed Enelooped opinion........

….where’s the best place to buy Eneloops in the U.S.A. ?

Costco my usual source doesn’t carry them in my neck of the woods any more. Besides that I wasn’t too krazy about having to get ANOTHER Eneloop charger thrown in without my asking/paying for one.

Especially interested in the AAA’s.

Price, inventory, and not least, free or close to it shipping.

I’ m not asking for much. :sunglasses:

PS. Of course if there are Eneloop sources that genuinely sell them but under a different brand name/label (if that’s even legally possible) I’m all ears. Arms. And 3 legs. I tend to buy in bulk.

thanks for posting.
i am watching this thread
since i am all out of ears.
well, good ones, anyway.

If you can wait for it, you can get eneloops and/or amaloops when they get lightning-dealed.

No rush for me, so that’s how/when I got mine.

I think eBay is a good place to get Eneloops, if you don't want to wait for a sale.

Finding the best deal on eBay can be tedious, however.

Make sure to buy from a reputable eBay seller if you go that route.

Best is Amazon through a slick deal. Don’t get me wrong, eneloop is the best, but sometimes the best is not necessary. I use energizer Recharge LsD . Made in Japan. They cost about $1.25 each on sale. That’s about 1/3 the price of eneloop and 95% as good.

They’re eneloop pros, but the white Ikea Ladda cells (made in Japan) are good for me. I also have a set of the Costco eneloops.

Amazon

In AAA, I have Japan Ikea LADAs. If you have an Ikea near you that may be your best bet as they are supposed to be Eneloops. That said, of my current batch of 4 of them, after 3 to maybe 5 years (my memory is not that great;-) they are holding up OK but certainly not as good as I might have expected. However, these are the LADA 900s so perhaps that is to be expected? Holding up better than my last remaining eneloop 800 but that is at least a couple of years older.

Currently, for AAA, I am using some EBL 1100s that I got from Amazon. (Made in China.) Not quite a year into those but they are currently performing at spec and I am happy with them. Time will tell.

Going to start another thread now that relates to this while I am thinking of it;-) (Bad driver bad battery?)

Amazon 8 pack have some on the way. I’ve never had eneloop die been using since 2015

Well so far taking everyone’s opinion……preliminary best prices Non-Pro versions from same Top-Rated Seller with Free Shipping:

Ebay for 800mAh/AAA’s/99.5% Seller Rating: 12 pack/70% charge held after 5 yrs = $2.329/batt.

” ” ” : 16 pack/70% charge held after 10 yrs = $2.186/batt.

No brainer, right? :student:

Next stop Amazon.

PS. While apparently there are some private label repackaging under the Eneloop/Panasonic manufacturing source, I’m sticking with Eneloop labeling just
to be sure that I’m getting the Real McCoy.

Where do you get an Energizer deal like that? Some preliminary checking, Amazon/Best Buy/couple on line stores, put them in the same or higher price than Eneloops.
Is ‘made in Japan’ a sure thing? Even some Eneloops are made in China now. I have some, and they are not as good.

So far on Amazon/Prime Free Shipping (Endermanooooo appears correctooooo againdooooo)……… :laughing:

16 Pack/AAA/10yr/70% charge hold: $2.1306/batt
24 Pack/AAA/10yr/70% charge hold: $2.0625/batt

I just checked on eBay, and Amazon is cheaper.

That's strange as the last time I checked, it was cheaper on eBay.

You have to comb through ebay.

My understanding is the only set of manufacturing equipment for NiMh AA/AAA in Japan is the eneloop set. The chemistry can vary (standard eneloop vs Pro) but otherwise that’s about it.

Eneloop has said they didn’t invest the same money in the equipment for the Chinese plant, so the quality is not the same.

I tend to agree. The Japanese typically put quality first and cost second. The Chinese put cost first and quality second. It will likely always be that way.

These are available although I haven’t bought from Newegg in ages
AAA eneloop

Say Paul no offence butt we’re looking for the lowest price not the highest. $58.95/12 pack/ $4.91/batt. Yikes! At that price they’re gonna be available for a loooooooonnnnnnng time. :open_mouth: :laughing:

:person_facepalming: I should have qualified that link before posting.
I had a found them @ $30.55 (plus shipping) not quite a bargain, but much better than $58.95.
I can’t upload the screen shot of what I’m seeing ATM.

If you are looking for 4-8 batteries, it does not really matter if they are a dollar more or less. If on the other hand you are refreshing your all your AA/AAA batteries and you will buy 100-150 you really should spend some time on Slick Deals web site. These typically go on sale towards the end of the year.