Installing MTN-17DDm-Driver in BLF A6/Convoy C8?

Hi, I have a BLF A6 and a Convoy C8. I want to run the „guppydrv DUAL Clicky Firmware” on both flashlight, mainly to get a „100% only” group.

So i figured the simplest solution would be buying a pre-flashed board here: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=663.

Then I just need to (1) unscrew the top, (2) desolder the red and black wires from the LED-board, (3) get rid of the old driver-board, (4) put in the new driver-board from mtnelectronics, (5) resolder the wires of the new driver-board to the LED-board and be good to go – on both the BLF A6 and the Convoy C8, right?

Kinda like here Convoy C8 Mod - The WOW Factor (without the LED swap and the Tail switch spring bypass).

Will this work or am I missing something? :blush:

Hello, and I am mostly a newbie with just 2 DIY builds but all I have used is mtnelectronics parts, and yes, at least conceptually this should work. I’ve not seen either of those flashlights, and sometimes the geometry of soldering those short wires can be a bit challenging, but otherwise good luck!

I just swapped a BLF A6 driver into my C8 Took me about 15 minutes. Better UI and it is brighter on turbo too.

Take the battery out!

Unscrew the bezel. Remove the lens and reflector so you can get at MCPCB.

Unsolder the wires. Be sure to note where the red and black wires go.

Unscrew the battery tube.

Remove the retaining ring.

Pull out the old driver.

Prepare the leads on the new driver.

Thread the leads through the holes in the pill.

Solder them to the MCPCB. Make sure you get them the right way.

Put everything back together and test.

Yes. It is that easy, but if all you care about is the 100% only group and you’re happy with 2.8 or 3.0 amp of constant power, a more simple and cheaper solution is the 105D/105C/Q-Lite driver with guppydrv or biscotti. For an even more simple and cheaper solution, just get a real one-mode driver. You will lose low voltage protection though, if that is important to you.

Shipping cost from mtne to Europe may be quite high. You could buy a similar TA driver from Lexel. Bistro firmware has a 100% only group.