Interest check: E17A Azure (+ other E17A/21A?) group buy

A few of the nice E17A, and the Azure in particular, are unobtainium. I have found a supplier who can get me a low enough price on a reel of 6000 to make it at least plausible ($0.23/LED, or $1380), could also source some of the other rare Nichias if I need. I think should also be able to source the brighter -V1 version over the original.

In order to make this happen I’d like to get at least $750 back in interest before I would consider placing the order - I don’t mind sitting on a few thousand LEDs and selling slowly but I need to recover some of my investment just with everything else I have going on.

Currently collecting interest (with potential quantity, please :wink: ). Was thinking maybe $2/LED for 20 or below, $1.50 up to 100, $1 each 100+, $0.5 each 1000+ (anyone? :P). At the moment the only known source is that Hank sometimes has them for $2 each, and I’ve only heard about quantities of 10 or less.

I can also definitely get 1850k (I found one supplier who sells small numbers of 1850k, but they are explicitly mentioned as being samples, so probably not stretchable to medium quantities) and I’m fairly sure should be able to do the whole range of E21A too.

Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/1c8360x/interest_check_e17a_azure_group_buy_1850k_or/

Is there a reason for the E17A specifically?

The XEG PC-Cyan can be driven at 3A and looks like it has a similar spectrum:

I’m still waiting for the world to realise these exist and produce some crazy multi-coloured builds with them :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: surprised how well those uploads worked, especially viewing them on my phone, it appears the spectra is more different than I initially realised, DOH!

I’d be keen on 20+ e21a, but in a couple of ccts from 3500k down. Not sure how helpful that is for a group buy though

Has a weird footprint and no MCPCBs for it available, while the E17A can go on E21A footprints.

1 Thank

interested in 22 E21A’s 5000K D220 bin for Nov-Mu V2

Looks like Jack is already planning more CCTs for the Nov-Mu. As it is, I’m not sure as to the specific bin but LEDRise do have the E21A in R9080 5000k (Ledrise - High Performance Led Lighting Nichia CSP NVSWE21A-V1 2121 Direct Mountable Chip LED Neutral White CRI90+ (R9080) 5000K 216lm) - I’m only looking for interest in LEDs that there would be significant interest in, enough that I can cover my cost basis, as as much as I wish I could, I can’t just drop 20k on different LEDs :joy:

Interested in this.

Edit: will skip and instead wait for the new FFL 1800K.

Damn, just what I had been looking for! Doing some funky TS10s soon, so I’m absolutely interested in the Azure as well as 1850K, though not too many each. 12 or 15, maybe.
Thanks for organizng this!
EDIT: scratch that, TS10 mule. 45 of the 1850k and 15 azure pls :3

I don’t know what I’d use an azure LED for, but I would be in for 5.

I would be in for 10 of the 1850K.