Interest list: Q8 MCPCB with XHP50.2@5000K [DTP only available now at LED4Power]

I have 2 BLF Q8s from the original group buy.

Are the Sofirn Q8 MCPCBs, reflector, etc., the same/interchangeable?

Updated.

The MCPCB bore holes might need to be chamfered for the countersink screws to fit. Not sure about other parts, but this is about the populated MCPCB only.

Edit: 25.

If shipped its less than 22 EUR I’d be in for one.

Can’t guarantee this.

I’m just afraid of getting hit by customs, as long as whoever ships it declares 20 eur i’m fine with it. I don’t mind the 25% additional VAT but there is also a 10 eur handling customs fee.

I completely understand you. 1st July 2021 the beloved 22 EUR VAT exempt will be gone for good. Horror.

I guess the handling fee is taken by your courier (DHL?), right?

Yeah don’t even mentioned that, I’ll lose my mind. Like it’s not enough the VAT is 25% ffs. The handling fee is taken by the croatian customs. I ordered a shortwave radio a while back, 70 USD. Now I wouldn’t mind paying 87.5 in total (I mean i would but what can I do) for the radio, but I have to pay 100 USD for the customs handling. It’s insane… And the fee is fixed, so doesn’t matter if its a 23 EUR item or a 23000 EUR item.

Ok, I think the price is not predictable, but we already know shipping is more expensive now. We all have our limits, mine includes thoughts about the price of Cree LEDs, the cost of a 16000 lm flashlight and the fact that the Q8 is a very good host I already own. So, it is ok for me to pay a realistic price for the board and something extra for european VAT and handling. I can only hope the others come to similar conclusions, so this 25 boards we virtually bought is something Sofirn can rely on.

Ah screw it, mark me down for one :smiley:

:+1:

Very interested here too.

But I have zero skill and knowledge.

I need tutorial step by step.

another question:

is there an estimate to throw further?

Don’t think so. Throw depends on density, not total lumens. XHP50.2 will make the light more floody.

2 please, prefer 5000K

Thank you

You’re welcome.

Doesn’t look good. Sofirn still thinks they couldn’t sell enough boards, and the upcoming Q8 Pro will have a larger MCPCB.

Ok, well i think will be better to wait to q8 pro.

im out in this list, anyway thanks for try.

I agree. I’m out as well.

… or hope for the reopening of led4power…

So the Q8 Pro is definitely happening? Is there a thread for it somewhere?

Done.